HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Comrie to Washington Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21414)

HOZ 10-20-2003 05:59 PM

Proposal: Comrie to Washington
 
This is justa rumour and nothing more.....

For Sutherby and ??? :dunno: in the works.


Heard it from a friend. :lol:

dem 10-20-2003 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
For Sutherby and ??? :dunno: in the works.


Heard it from a friend. :lol:


Thats not cool....
:rant:

oildrop 10-20-2003 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
For Sutherby and ??? :dunno: in the works.


Heard it from a friend. :lol:

You should put Proposal or Rumour in the Thread Title. As for this friend you heard this from, how reliable is he/she? We've been hearing tons of rumours involving Comrie since the summer so a rumour from a "friend" won't be taken too seriously by lots of people here. :dunno:

outKast* 10-20-2003 06:01 PM

:rant: :madfire:

maybe it's just me but i'd rather have Weiss potential than Sutherby. During Stephen's draft year, scouts were saying his upside was a player like Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman, and his down side was Craig Janney. That's not too shabby.

P.S. next time...please please please type proposal to your title unless the deal actually happened.

FacelessButcher 10-20-2003 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
For Sutherby and ??? :dunno: in the works.


Heard it from a friend. :lol:

not likely he is supposed to be the future team captain apparently and in every proposal I mention him the Caps get extremely upset. On a side note my friends friend played against him in the minors and hes sort of an instigator type he picked a fight with Sutherby and got one-punched unconcious said it was the hardest he has ever been hit.

HOZ 10-20-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oildrop
You should put Proposal or Rumour in the Thread Title. As for this friend you heard this from, how reliable is he/she? We've been hearing tons of rumours involving Comrie since the summer so a rumour from a "friend" won't be taken too seriously by lots of people here. :dunno:

I tried to fix the title so people don't get too excited

1) It was never meant to be serious because it was just a rumour. Rumours are 99% BS anyways.

2) The friend is a very reliable guy. The rumour may not. He just knows Sutherby's Uncle, that's all. Sutherby meantion that his name has been mentioned in regards to Comrie.

So there...

oildrop 10-20-2003 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
I fixed the title so people don't get too excited

1) It was never meant to be serious because it was just a rumour. Rumours are 99% BS anyways.

2) The friend is a very reliable guy. The rumour may not. He just knows Sutherby's Uncle, that's all. Sutherby meantion that his name has been mentioned in regards to Comrie.

So there...

That will save lots of bad responses, good job on changing the title! I wouldn't mind Sutherby as an Oiler, let's hope your source knows something that we don't. :D

FacelessButcher 10-20-2003 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOZ
I fixed the title so people don't get too excited

1) It was never meant to be serious because it was just a rumour. Rumours are 99% BS anyways.

2) The friend is a very reliable guy. The rumour may not. He just knows Sutherby's Uncle, that's all. Sutherby meantion that his name has been mentioned in regards to Comrie.

So there...

ooohhhhh :eek: Caps definetly need to drop salary first though. I was thinking about Bondra actually I thought hes a pretty decent skater with sniper skills Bondra-Smyth-Hemsky(oooh :D ) and should not cost much considering age(almost positive they want him to retire there though) we have enough depth and good looking prospects to take a forward for hire though and let them develop.

to Wsh:
Comrie
Smith

To Edm:
Bondra
Sutherby
Doig- OR -3rd pick- OR -1mill off Bondra

extremely unlikely caps lose far to much leadership and we weaken our d, MacT would have to have a ton of confidence in Bergeron and Luomo to make the deal. *purely fantasy*

Seachd 10-20-2003 06:34 PM

The Oilers already have Stoll, so I'm not sure why Sutherby would still be drawing so much interest.

FacelessButcher 10-20-2003 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seachd
The Oilers already have Stoll, so I'm not sure why Sutherby would still be drawing so much interest.

I'd say Sutherby is definetly the better of the two Lowe wants Sutherby real bad I was told by a cap fan that he tried to trade Ninimaa nearly straight up for him. If we got him Horc or Reasoner would have to hit the trade block though, in my fantasy trade I think we would have to get rid of Tommy to to save money(why am I mixing a fantasy trade with real economics? I dunno) maybe drop him for Skoula? then Horc/Reasoner for Nurminen or Noronen. just an idea

USC Trojans 10-20-2003 10:31 PM

Hey, I'm all for character and grit...but when your entire team consists of these players, you have a problem.

Thats also another concern I have regarding the Oiler's future...they've been piling up on big hulking forwards and grit&character types that they are neglecting the skill players (like Parise). In about five years you're gonna the entire Tampa Bay Buccaneers defense playing big and crashing and banging for the Oilers but no one will have the skills to put the puck into the net.

nineteen79 10-21-2003 01:27 AM

A Comrie rumour from spector's has the Thrashers interested and it has picked up steam.The site suggests a deal involving Coburn but goes on to explain that the Oil want a scoring centre back in return.

To EDM:
Stefan
Coburn

To Atl:
Comrie and a pick

:dunno:

McMatty 10-21-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nineteen79
A Comrie rumour from spector's has the Thrashers interested and it has picked up steam.The site suggests a deal involving Coburn but goes on to explain that the Oil want a scoring centre back in return.

To EDM:
Stefan
Coburn

To Atl:
Comrie and a pick

:dunno:

That trade seems to be rather slanted in favour of the Oilers. Perhaps I could see something like Stefan, Majesky for Comrie.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.