HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT Game #48 1/23/06 Nashville at Detroit 6:30 CST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=214304)

Joe T Choker 01-22-2006 12:29 PM

GDT Game #48 1/23/06 Nashville at Detroit 6:30 CST

Continuing with the day before theme

Joe T Choker 01-22-2006 12:30 PM

Greg Johnson takes the puck, he shoots he scores ...

Nashville leads 1-0 ... oh wait the game hasn't even started yet :shakehead

Pred303 01-23-2006 06:58 AM

well...it's here... zetterberg listed as doubtful for tonight's game...datysuk comes in hot..wings 11-3 in their last 14... preds lead 1-0

G PER TIME GOALSCORER ASSISTS
1 1 20:00 Johnson(4) Upshall(9), Suter(13)

wings are second only to us in coming from behind winning percentage this year, but they have never won a game when trailing 1-0 before the game starts in their entire history

these two should be fun games...

AL-Canadian 01-23-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
wings are second only to us in coming from behind winning percentage this year, but they have never won a game when trailing 1-0 before the game starts in their entire history

Too funny - does anyone know if this is an NHL 1st, or has a game been postponed and picked up with some scoring play allowed?

darth5 01-23-2006 09:35 AM

Upshall gets the assist from Milwaukee! :eek:

Pattypred 01-23-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tnrocketman
Upshall gets the assist from Milwaukee! :eek:

Now THAT's giving it your all in a game.

:biglaugh:

lstcyr 01-23-2006 11:59 AM

Are there any restrictions on who can play? Does a player have to have been on the team or active that game?

Joe T Choker 01-23-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstcyr
Are there any restrictions on who can play? Does a player have to have been on the team or active that game?

it doesn't matter ... the Wing dings are missing Zetterberg AND Fischer ... no quarter shall be given or received ... btw the Preds lawyers are spineless ... they should have really worked harder to keep the game to 47:30 long

jstreet 01-23-2006 12:29 PM

well, this 2 game series can decide who sits atop the West.

STAY OUT OF THE FREAKIN BOX TONIGHT!

vopatsrash 01-23-2006 01:15 PM

I am fully convinced that the Wings are going to take the opening face off and score right away and neutralize the 1-0 within the first minute. It's the Preds way to make things as difficult and gut-wrenching as possible. :propeller

crossxcheck 01-23-2006 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
I am fully convinced that the Wings are going to take the opening face off and score right away and neutralize the 1-0 within the first minute. It's the Preds way to make things as difficult and gut-wrenching as possible. :propeller

don't be a "cup half empty" NMK kind of guy ;)

vopatsrash 01-23-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
don't be a "cup half empty" NMK kind of guy ;)

and the goal will be scored by Perreault's man... ;)

barrytrotzsneck 01-23-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
and the goal will be scored by Perreault's man... ;)

I don't doubt it!

Perreault will blatantly whiff on a defensive play, giving Datsyuk a clear lane to the net, where he waits for Vokoun to go down, drags it left and backhands it up and over.

A few minutes later, Perreault will score a goal after Sullivan puts an unbelievable, impossible pass on his tape...and Predator faithful will forget all about the blunder. ;)

Meanwhile, Hartnell's skate will catch a groove, causing him to fall into a Wing player...pushing him into the boards. He's called for boarding, and immediately threads pop up on the other board calling for his immediate trade.

crossxcheck 01-23-2006 04:10 PM

as much as I hate perreault, he does have 18 goals which is more than anyone but sully and he leads the league in FO%. I know a lot of his goals are "gifts" but he does know where to be for those gifts. He sure brings more to the table than arkhipuff did. Anyway, it pains me to semi-stand up for the guy but he does deserve a little credit.

triggrman 01-23-2006 04:26 PM

I agree.

I'm a firm believer that the center must play both ends effectively, however as long as someone can cover for him, I'm fine with him.

triggrman 01-23-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I don't doubt it!

Meanwhile, Hartnell's skate will catch a groove, causing him to fall into a Wing player...pushing him into the boards. He's called for boarding, and immediately threads pop up on the other board calling for his immediate trade in a package with Legwand.

Fixed it.

crossxcheck 01-23-2006 06:54 PM

markov makes a nice breakout pass to sully up the middle who sees legace's gaping 5-hole. 2-0 preds!! :clap:

Enoch 01-23-2006 09:01 PM

Wow we got REALLY REALLY LUCKY tonight.

I'm pretty ashamed of our effort. We laid over and made Tomas do everything. We got two goals in this game, but we only had 13 shots...Thank god for the extra goal.

Gnashville 01-23-2006 09:10 PM

It was ugly But WE WON in DETROIT :handclap: :handclap:

naihlflames 01-23-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Wow we got REALLY REALLY LUCKY tonight.

I'm pretty ashamed of our effort. We laid over and made Tomas do everything. We got two goals in this game, but we only had 13 shots...Thank god for the extra goal.

Not to mention Vokoun.

crossxcheck 01-23-2006 09:12 PM

Vokoun stole this one. Pathetic effort otherwise. But, hey, we scored as many as we needed to win. I'd like to see a more complete effort tomorrow.

handtrick 01-23-2006 09:13 PM

Trotzy has said....a win is never bad.....this game came as close to bad as you can get and still walk away with 2 points.....that was highway robbery....outshot 19-3 in the 3rd and 41-15 for the game....pathetic.

All I can say is Vokoun was incredible.....the rest of the team should be apologizing to him tonight.

When they are calling ticky-tacky penalties like that, the Preds have to adjust their game....we'll get smoked tomorrow if we do that again.

The RedWing's forecheck is the most incredible in the NHL...totally threw us off our entire game. I am sorry to say this, but we are still not even in their league yet. A first line center won't do the trick either, but would certainly help.....I am afraid we are still going to get overpowered by them.

Oh well.....take the points, burn some incense to the hockey gods, and rest for tomorrow. I am afraid tomorrow will be just as painful to watch as tonight... :shakehead

Joe T Choker 01-23-2006 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
Vokoun stole this one. Pathetic effort otherwise. But, hey, we scored as many as we needed to win. I'd like to see a more complete effort tomorrow.

Mason better be the starter tomorrow night

guinness 01-23-2006 09:15 PM

I hope the rest of the Preds are buying Vokoun a nice lunch tomorrow, sloppy play by the rest of the Preds in the 3rd, at least they blocked a few shots and none of the giveaways lead to anything.

I thought the Wings looked good, but Vokoun was hot, hot, hot.

crossxcheck 01-23-2006 09:19 PM

I sadly agree that by watching tonight's game we're still not in the wings' league :blush: