HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pens/ Sabres Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21520)

Pensfan66 10-21-2003 07:20 AM

Pens/ Sabres Proposal

Pens get Tim Connaly, Sabres get Milan Kraft. These are two players that desperatly need a change of senery. Hopefully Mario's pressence will rub off on Connaly to reach his potential. Kraft is in the same boat he has done nothing in Pittsburgh. Now he is a healthy scratch every night. He has to clear waivers to be sent down to the A. Maybe this is a trade that could benefit both teams.

WhoIsJimBob 10-21-2003 07:30 AM

I think most Sabre fans would agree, if they move Connolly they have to get a guy with some size, grit, and heart in return.

And that's not what Kraft is about.

SuperNintendoChalmrs 10-21-2003 07:47 AM

I'd agree to that trade easily.....sure you don't want anything else?

We have some table scraps here by the names of Campbell and.....well the whole defense.....

:lol: :lol:

With the 1st pick in the 2004 NHL entry draft.....the Buffalo Sabres select Alexander Ovechkin.

:handclap: :teach: :bow:

The Tang 10-21-2003 08:56 AM

as a pens fan i would do that in a second. kraft has really fallen out of favor of the organization.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-21-2003 09:10 AM

Beech/Kalinin

for

Connolly/Orpik

RoyIsALegend* 10-21-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Beech/Kalinin

for

Connolly/Orpik

Those players don't even play on the same teams.

SuburbanRhythm 10-21-2003 10:06 AM

Even if it's a swap of underachiever for underachiever, I'd do it as a Pens fan.

Pensfan66 10-21-2003 10:09 AM

No way we give up Orpik, but here's another proposal. To Buffalo Kraft, Beech, and Rosival. To the Pens Dumont or Afingenov, Kalinin and Connally? I also think Rozy needs a change as well. Dumont or Max is a huge upgrade over Alexsey Morosov and gives us more scoring depth. In Beech he has also been falling out of favor with the organization but he has a chance to be very very good. Rozy would be very good he just can't stay healthy at all.

Jeff Goldblum 10-21-2003 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

I think he meant Beech+Orpik for Connoly+Kalinin

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina 10-21-2003 10:36 AM

What is with all the Orpik proposals? Pittsburgh really likes what Orpik brings to the table, so why would they trade him? :dunno:

SuperNintendoChalmrs 10-21-2003 11:41 AM

Beech and Orpik for Kalinin and Connolly?

Cmon.....I know Darcy Regier can occassionally pull the wool over the eyes of another GM, but the above trade wouldn't stand a chance.

Kvashinator12 10-21-2003 12:05 PM

how bout

Peca for Connolly and pyatt :D

eSabre 10-21-2003 03:48 PM

I don't care how much it'll cost, I want Brooks Orpik in a Sabres uniform.

Make me a proposal!

Big McLargehuge 10-21-2003 03:53 PM

Your arena.

And some wings.

And the rights to your next 15 first round picks.

Koltsov71 10-21-2003 03:59 PM

Pains me to say it, but I'd rather keep Kraft.

The Tang 10-21-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre15
I don't care how much it'll cost, I want Brooks Orpik in a Sabres uniform.

Make me a proposal!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantompenguin
Your arena.

And some wings.

Orpik is an untouchable. hes a young d-man that has plaayed well in just about every nhl game thus far. he's an open-ice hitter and has a mean streak, plus is sound defensively. you want him, you would probably have to give up kalinin + drury and 1/2 his salary paid. overpaying? yes. but thats the point of an untouchable. so phantompenguin's post isnt ridiculous in case you thought so.

Takeo 10-21-2003 04:33 PM

Connolly + 2nd for Orpik.

SuperNintendoChalmrs 10-21-2003 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantompenguin
Your arena.

And some wings.

You should keep your arena.....Jean Claude Van Damme busted up a helicopter that smashed to the ice.

:teach:

WhoIsJimBob 10-22-2003 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario66
What is with all the Orpik proposals? Pittsburgh really likes what Orpik brings to the table, so why would they trade him? :dunno:

The Orpik proposals are coming from Sabre fans that want to see a hometown boy that's a big, physical defenseman come home to play.

I doubt Pittsburgh will move Orpik, but I know why Sabre fans are asking for him.......

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

Dyslexia damn!

Beech/Orpik

for

Connolly/Kalinin

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Zero
Orpik is an untouchable. hes a young d-man that has plaayed well in just about every nhl game thus far. he's an open-ice hitter and has a mean streak, plus is sound defensively. you want him, you would probably have to give up kalinin + drury and 1/2 his salary paid. overpaying? yes. but thats the point of an untouchable. so phantompenguin's post isnt ridiculous in case you thought so.

How about this:

Komisarek

for

Orpik

Pittsburgh and Montreal implode.

SaintRon 10-22-2003 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bob
I doubt Pittsburgh will move Orpik, but I know why Sabre fans are asking for him.......

No need to worry about Orpy. He's going nowhere.. Why would the PENS get rid of the only D man to actually hit someone in the past 5 years? Any deal involving Orpik would have to be tilted in the PENS favor. If CP/Mario/Edzo trades this guy, look for a "riot" in the Burgh.

Takeo 10-22-2003 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mario66
What is with all the Orpik proposals?

The subject of the thread is Sabres/Pens trade proposals and Orpik is the only player of value to the Sabres on the Pens.

Buffaloed 10-22-2003 09:17 AM

I'd do Kraft for Connolly, but Timmy's not going to be playing for awhile
Connolly sent back to Buffalo for examination

SuperNintendoChalmrs 10-22-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I'd do Kraft for Connolly, but Timmy's not going to be playing for awhile
Connolly sent back to Buffalo for examination

That's because the Sabres organization thinks it's a brilliant idea to have players with concussions fly on planes.....

Jeebuzz, who is control of this sinking ship?

:rant: