HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lindros out 2-4 weeks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21533)

Kodiak 10-21-2003 08:19 AM

Lindros out 2-4 weeks
 
http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1019

This probably signals the call-up of Rheaume. I don't mind Rheaume if he's in a 4th line role, but with the way Holik has been playing, I'd rather see him on the 4th line with Moore getting a shot at top 3 line ice time.

Lundyfan 10-21-2003 08:21 AM

Moore has been hurt and I'm not sure he's healthy yet. On top of which, unless Sather will give him big minutes he's better off in Hartford. 4th line duty will not help him. I have this sinking feeling Rheaume will be up by tomorrow.....

Av-merican 10-21-2003 08:25 AM

They already have Lindros's replacement called up. His name is JAMIE LUNDMARK. Quit trying to use him as a 3rd line checking wing and put him at the position he belongs. After that, call up Sheldon Keefe.

Kvashinator12 10-21-2003 08:28 AM

I
 
want to see Garth Murray already. Let's see what this kid can do

allrevvedup25 10-21-2003 08:28 AM

well it looks like Messier will take Eric's spot and a call up, most likely Rheaume. Just as Messier is fitting in with Simon and Barneby, he will now get 20 mins a night. So much for defense on Messier's line. I guess Messier will play between Ruchinsky and Lundmark and Keefe will play fourth line centre.

Lets hope Dunham plays even better than he has recently against Detroit because we are going to need it!!



Sigh a nar ah

Fletch 10-21-2003 08:29 AM

Lundmark should be a winger...
 
and should remain a winger, I believe. Since Carter has sucked so much, and given that the best he's played thus far (in the preseason I believe) is at center, play him there. His play may come around as a result. That would involve moving Barnaby to Holik's line and calling up Keefe to play with Carter and Simon, or Lundmark and Rucinsky.

John Flyers Fan 10-21-2003 08:32 AM

The question is, will it really be just 2-4 weeks?

While in Philly when Lindros got hurt and they said 2-4 weeks, it usually meant 6.

Kodiak 10-21-2003 08:36 AM

I like Lundmark as a winger too, Fletch, though I'd rather see him on the off-wing again. But the problem with this team as currently constructed is that it only has 4 centers + Lundmark. Barnaby, Simon, LaCouture, and Keefe all play wing exclusively as far as I know. So if you want to bring another winger (like Keefe) into the mix, Lundmark needs to be shifted to center. If you want Lundmark to stay on the wing, then you need someone like Rheaume or Moore to come in and fill a center spot.

Fletch 10-21-2003 08:39 AM

Agree 100% Kodiak...
 
I've been preaching how the off-wing takes advantage of his shot and quick release.

Davisian 10-21-2003 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
The question is, will it really be just 2-4 weeks?

While in Philly when Lindros got hurt and they said 2-4 weeks, it usually meant 6.

That's Philly math for ya'..!!.. That, or those fine tuned trainers they employ..;)


Anyways, doesn't Keefe play Center as well???

Mess's line will see more time, but I don't see a need for a call up just yet (not that I wouldn't love to see Moore or Murray get a shot..) Just see how Keefe works between say Simon and Carter, Let Mess play with Ruchinsky and Barnaby, and Put lundmark back with Holik and Lacouture.. Or some variation thereof..

Give Keefe a shot before a kid is called up for spot duty for a month and a half..

John Flyers Fan 10-21-2003 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
That's Philly math for ya'..!!.. That, or those fine tuned trainers they employ..;)


I wasn't even talking about the head injuries. Talking more about the knee, shoulder and groin injuries. One thing that the Rangrs have in their favor is they he gets paid per game, so more of an incentive to get back quickly.

Davisian 10-21-2003 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I wasn't even talking about the head injuries. Talking more about the knee, shoulder and groin injuries. One thing that the Rangrs have in their favor is they he gets paid per game, so more of an incentive to get back quickly.

I hear ya'.. Just can't resist taking a shot at anything philly (shaddup Westbrook!), but I do remember Lindros taking a little extra time to heal for naging injuries as a Flyer..

I don't care if it ends up 6 weeks, as long as he's completely healthy.. I don't want to see him come back in 4 and play a half assed, perimeter game for another 4 weeks..

True Blue 10-21-2003 08:55 AM

I would do this:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rosie-Carter-Lundmark
Lacoutre-Holik-Barnaby
Simon-Messier-Keefe

The way I see it, if Holik is used exclusively against the other teams top lines, he ES time will be a good chunk. Don't play him on the PK (like the Devs) and that will keep him fresh. In such a case, Holik's line would recieve 2nd line minutes at even strength.
Not that I want Hlavac and Rosie to be there, but doubtfull that Jackass makes a move to call up someone to take their place. I have a bad feeling that Sather will ride them out in a feeble effort to drum up interest. Much like he did w/ Kantplaysky, Krapa, Ulanov, & Ciger.

Barnaby 10-21-2003 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
I would do this:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rosie-Carter-Lundmark
Lacoutre-Holik-Barnaby
Simon-Messier-Keefe

The way I see it, if Holik is used exclusively against the other teams top lines, he ES time will be a good chunk. Don't play him on the PK (like the Devs) and that will keep him fresh. In such a case, Holik's line would recieve 2nd line minutes at even strength.
Not that I want Hlavac and Rosie to be there, but doubtfull that Jackass makes a move to call up someone to take their place. I have a bad feeling that Sather will ride them out in a feeble effort to drum up interest. Much like he did w/ Kantplaysky, Krapa, Ulanov, & Ciger.

Maybe I'm missing something but I dont think Carter has ever played center... now is NOT a good time to learn. I'd love to see Moore come up, but if he cant then give Mess more time and call up Rheamue is your only option.

John Flyers Fan 10-21-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I hear ya'.. Just can't resist taking a shot at anything philly (shaddup Westbrook!),


That had to be one of the worst displays of football I have ever seen. Just dreadful by both teams.

Davisian 10-21-2003 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
I would do this:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rosie-Carter-Lundmark
Lacoutre-Holik-Barnaby
Simon-Messier-Keefe

I don't want to see Carter anywhere near the pivot position right now.. His game's been struggling and I wouldn't trust him there.. Keefe is listed as a C/RW in most publications, so I don't see why he can't man the 4th spot, and have Nedved, Holik and Mess getting the bulk of the time..


Hlavac Nedved Kovalev

Rosie Holik Lundmark

Barnaby Messier Carter

Simon Keefe LaCouture

Davisian 10-21-2003 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
That had to be one of the worst displays of football I have ever seen. Just dreadful by both teams.

Correction..

See "Giant-Cowboy game, second half of.."

Kodiak 10-21-2003 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I don't want to see Carter anywhere near the pivot position right now.. His game's been struggling and I wouldn't trust him there.. Keefe is listed as a C/RW in most publications, so I don't see why he can't man the 4th spot, and have Nedved, Holik and Mess getting the bulk of the time..


Hlavac Nedved Kovalev

Rosie Holik Lundmark

Barnaby Messier Carter

Simon Keefe LaCouture

With the way Holik has been this year, I really don't want him seeing any extra ice time. If I had my way, he'd be on the 4th line until he starts to pull his act together and play like he gives a damn.

If Moore is healthy:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Lundmark-Moore-Carter
Rucinsky-Messier-Barnaby
LaCouture-Holik-Keefe

JR#9* 10-21-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
I don't want to see Carter anywhere near the pivot position right now.. His game's been struggling and I wouldn't trust him there..
Hlavac Nedved Kovalev

Rosie Holik Lundmark

Barnaby Messier Carter

Simon Keefe LaCouture

I agree on Carter and also agree on these lines.

Nedved-Mess-Holik should be the top 3 centers and put Keefe or Pascal on a 4th line enregy unit that gets a couple of minutes a game.

Rosie could be a good fit w/Holik and should bring more to that line than Lacouture has and Carter may click with Mess-Matty as well.

One possible silver lining to this is that I think our centers haven't be able to really get into a groove b/c of a combo of rolling 4 lines where all the ceners need decent icetime thus preventing any from getting heavy minutes to get going as well as all the PKing we've had to do which disrupts the distibution of icetime.

Hopefully Nedved and Holik inparticular get a boost from some extra minutes.

Davisian 10-21-2003 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kodiak
With the way Holik has been this year, I really don't want him seeing any extra ice time. If I had my way, he'd be on the 4th line until he starts to pull his act together and play like he gives a damn.

If Moore is healthy:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Lundmark-Moore-Carter
Rucinsky-Messier-Barnaby
LaCouture-Holik-Keefe

Simon's out?? Sorry, he may well come down to earth but until then I think he's doing a damn fine job in his role, and deserves his time.. so far..

I'd love to see Moore come up and get real time on a 2nd line, but I don't see why Keefe wouldn't get the call first, as he's already here, and can be used sparingly or more on the 4th line, as well as kill some penalties.. There's no way that even if Moore gets the call, he'd play more than Nedved, Mess and Holik..

NOW, once Mess plays too much in the next month, and he goes down (I'm calling mid-november rib cage injury) then it might be time to bring in Moore or whoever is earning the spot from Hfd.. Not that I want to see Mess injured, but it will happen at this clip..

Kodiak 10-21-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
Simon's out?? Sorry, he may well come down to earth but until then I think he's doing a damn fine job in his role, and deserves his time.. so far..

I'd love to see Moore come up and get real time on a 2nd line, but I don't see why Keefe wouldn't get the call first, as he's already here, and can be used sparingly or more on the 4th line, as well as kill some penalties.. There's no way that even if Moore gets the call, he'd play more than Nedved, Mess and Holik..

NOW, once Mess plays too much in the next month, and he goes down (I'm calling mid-november rib cage injury) then it might be time to bring in Moore or whoever is earning the spot from Hfd.. Not that I want to see Mess injured, but it will happen at this clip..

So why not have Moore come up and log some minutes to prevent another injury? I guess it's too forward thinking for the current staff.

I know that if Moore were called up, he would likely get less time than the other 3 centers, but that's one of the many problems of Sather. It's a waste to put Moore on the 4th line, but the center that is currently playing like a 4th liner makes too much and has too big a name to be dropped a line or 2. In all likelyhood, we see:
Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Rucinsky-Messier-Lundmark
LaCouture-Holik-Carter
Simon-Rheaume-Barnaby
and not much changes from game to game.

Que sera sera

Larry Melnyk 10-21-2003 09:33 AM

Despite a win and standing up against the juggernaut that is the Panthers, this is still nothing but a moribund, slow and inconsistent team that needs a complete overhaul...

Of course, that's not happening and we just have to make due...Now with Lindros being out for 2-4 weeks and Sather having another excuse for 1-2 months, the best thing is to use their young talent (and old talent) wisely......Insert Keefe into the lineup and see what he brings...I like lundmark alot but he really has done bupkis from the wing...With The Big Eunich out, slide him over to his natural C and let him play as a 3rd line C while keeping Messier where he belongs--as 4th line C...

I also thing that both RUcinsky and Lacouture have been pretty much worthless as the 2nd and 3rd LW and while SImon-Mess-Barnaby has been OK, we need more help up above...here's what I would do.....

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Barnaby-Holik-Carter
Rucinsky-Lundmark-Keefe
SImon-Messier-Lacouture (who played well with Mess last year)

Or you can mix and match some of the 3rd-4th line winger...anmd have a 3a-3b set-up..

And do not recall Rheaume yet, he has done nothing to earn a promotion...Then again, everybody was handed a job right of the bat this pre-season and why should things change?..If anybody has earned a recall from Hartford as a 4th Center, it's Wiseman..

Davisian 10-21-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
here's what I would do.....

Hlavac-Nedved-Kovalev
Barnaby-Holik-Carter
Rucinsky-Lundmark-Keefe
SImon-Messier-Lacouture (who played well with Mess last year)

Or you can mix and match some of the 3rd-4th line winger...anmd have a 3a-3b set-up..

And do not recall Rheaume yet, he has done nothing to earn a promotion...Then again, everybody was handed a job right of the bat this pre-season and why should things change?..If anybody has earned a recall from Hartford as a 4th Center, it's Wiseman..

The only issue I have is that third line would get shoved around pretty good.. Nedved's has the talent to overcome the physical play, but Lundmark Keefe and Rosie don't.. As you said, soe can flip flop, but I'd rather see Lundmark stay at wing, and turn Keefe lose as the 4th pivot..

Agreed on Wiseman, but again, wouldn;t want to see him get a call while he's hot, just to play 4mins a night.. If they call anyone up, they better play at least 8...

Larry Melnyk 10-21-2003 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
The only issue I have is that third line would get shoved around pretty good.. Nedved's has the talent to overcome the physical play, but Lundmark Keefe and Rosie don't.. As you said, soe can flip flop, but I'd rather see Lundmark stay at wing, and turn Keefe lose as the 4th pivot..

Agreed on Wiseman, but again, wouldn;t want to see him get a call while he's hot, just to play 4mins a night.. If they call anyone up, they better play at least 8...

I guess I'm a little partial because I would like to see Lundmark back at C, but I see what you are saying....Maybe something like Lacouture-Lundmark-Keefe as a speedy, pesky line and a vetearan line with Messier, Rucinsky and SImon?..Of course we know who Sather will give the minutes to, but that's going to happen anyway..Maybe the "kids" can generate something?

And one thing that is clear (well, at least to me)is that HOLIK and his line MUST be matched up against the other teams top line and get plenty of minutes..ANother reason why Barnaby as a 2-way checker is a good fit here...

Eh, just dreaming here...I'm sure it will be Mess as the 3rd line C with Rucinsky and Lundmark geting 18-20 mins a night and Rheaume between Simon and Barnaby..

Fire Sather 10-21-2003 10:06 AM

2-4 weeks isnt bad. We dont play for 4 days so that helps. Hopefully though, it doesnt go deep into November since we have a game everyother day.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.