HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   It has arrived!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=215470)

Game Misconduct 01-25-2006 05:44 PM

It has arrived!!!

The wife just called and told me I got a package from Sweden containing an extremely game-worn Anze Kopitar jersey! She says it's absolutely filthy! :D I'll break it in at the Edmonton game tomorrow. Will post a picture later if I can remember . . .

:yo:

kingsfan25 01-25-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Game Misconduct
The wife just called and told me I got a package from Sweden containing an extremely game-worn Anze Kopitar jersey! She says it's absolutely filthy! :D I'll break it in at the Edmonton game tomorrow. Will post a picture later if I can remember . . .

:yo:

When will the lock of hair be arriving?

Game Misconduct 01-25-2006 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go. They had him sign it too.

Reaper45 01-25-2006 08:14 PM

What'd they do, run it over outside? Tell me you wash it before you wear it, cause every game worn I've got smelled like ***....

Osprey 01-25-2006 08:21 PM

It's only "dirty" on the bottom. That may be due to tucking in the jersey and having the dark shorts rub off on them. You may not be able to get that fully out, even with repeated washings. Jersey looks in good condition, otherwise. Nice find, GM.

The Tikkanen 01-25-2006 08:37 PM

What site did you get that from? I've been trying to find a real Jokerit jersey for awhile and they seem to be impossible to find.

PSP 01-25-2006 08:54 PM

Next time, have him take off the jersey before he changes the oil in his car....

Rob Stauber* 01-26-2006 02:23 AM

Hopefully Kopitar makes the team next year and wins the Hart Trophy.

Ziggy Stardust 01-26-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
Hopefully Kopitar makes the team next year and wins the Hart Trophy.

:confused:

You mean the Calder, right? And I think Kopitar might be facing some tough competition next season with Evgeni Malkin's anticipated NHL debut.

Rob Stauber* 01-26-2006 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
:confused:

You mean the Calder, right? And I think Kopitar might be facing some tough competition next season with Evgeni Malkin's anticipated NHL debut.

Actually, the Calder goes to the Season's top rookie. The Hart Trophy is presented annually to the leagues Most Valuable Player at a ceremony held in Toronto, Ontario (approximately 1 week after the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals).

Ziggy Stardust 01-26-2006 02:38 AM

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you made a mistake, because no rookie has ever won the Hart Trophy, ever. And Kopitar unfortunately won't be the first one to do so. Hell I don't think any rookie will ever be able to accomplish that. Unless you meant Kopitar will EVENTUALLY contend for the Hart, which is still a rather bold statement to make.

But I have said it before and I'll say it again... he's going to be the best forward the Kings have drafted since Frolov or Jokinen. Olli currently has 23 goals and 53 points in 51 games, and he's recently been playing on a line with Jozef Stumpel (ack!) and Martin Gelinas. He is due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer...

Rob Stauber* 01-26-2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you made a mistake, because no rookie has ever won the Hart Trophy, ever. And Kopitar unfortunately won't be the first one to do so. Hell I don't think any rookie will ever be able to accomplish that. Unless you meant Kopitar will EVENTUALLY contend for the Hart, which is still a rather bold statement to make.

EVENTUALLY ? Im talking about next year. I think he'll put up 40 Gs & 80As with a +32 and lead the Kings to the Pacific Division title.

Ziggy Stardust 01-26-2006 02:44 AM

No wonder you get so upset about such miniscule things. You set yourself up for disappointment by expecting such unrealistic results. Your expected numbers for Kopitar, in his rookie season in the NHL, is quite a stretch of imagination. He hasn't even posted half of those numbers with Sodertalje. He'll be a good one, but Kopitar is no Ovechkin or Crosby or Malkin. Otherwise he would have been a top 3 pick in last year's draft.

Rob Stauber* 01-26-2006 02:46 AM

Quote:

No wonder you get so upset about such miniscule things. You set yourself up for disappointment by expecting such unrealistic results. Your expected numbers for Kopitar, in his rookie season in the NHL, is quite a stretch of imagination. He hasn't even posted half of those numbers with Sodertalje. He'll be a good one, but Kopitar is no Ovechkin or Crosby or Malkin. Otherwise he would have been a top 3 pick in last year's draft.

:madfire:

Le Maroons 01-26-2006 12:53 PM

Quote:

Here you go. They had him sign it too.

How come he signed his name with #24 when the number on the jersey is 27?

GRuiz98 01-26-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Olli currently has 23 goals and 53 points in 51 games, and he's recently been playing on a line with Jozef Stumpel (ack!) and Martin Gelinas. He is due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer...

i would LOVE it if the kings picked him up

Game Misconduct 01-26-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirktondan
How come he signed his name with #24 when the number on the jersey is 27?

Not sure, but I am assuming that he is wearing 24 this year with the big club. This is his jersey from last year, on the B team

Osprey 01-26-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Not sure, but I am assuming that he is wearing 24 this year with the big club. This is his jersey from last year, on the B team

At least you know it's an authentic signature. Any forger would sign #27 ;). BTW, I hope you don't mind being a walking drug advertisement :D

Ziggy Stardust 01-26-2006 02:01 PM

That is odd because Kopitar is indeed wearing #27 for Sodertalje.
http://www.sodertaljesk.se/2005_team.asp?PID=89

When playing for Slovenia in the WJC, he was wearing #14.

Kick 01-26-2006 02:08 PM

It probably is a seven as I've seen other players (Joe Rullier comes to mind) that for some reason put a line through the number 7 when they sign. This could make it look like a 4.

GRuiz98 01-26-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKen48
It probably is a seven as I've seen other players (Joe Rullier comes to mind) that for some reason put a line through the number 7 when they sign. This could make it look like a 4.

yeah, i know some people from other countries do that to distinguish a 7 from a 1 (doesn't really help when u make it look like a 4 though =/)

Osprey 01-26-2006 04:13 PM

24 is how many times GM will need to wash it to get the stains out. It's simply Anze's care instructions :teach:

GKJ 01-26-2006 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRuiz98
yeah, i know some people from other countries do that to distinguish a 7 from a 1 (doesn't really help when u make it look like a 4 though =/)

They might make it look that way in Slovenia...