HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Egaads - Stars & Oilers Both Win Tonight (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=215605)

ILuvLA 01-25-2006 11:47 PM

Egaads - Stars & Oilers Both Win Tonight

Blues/Stars go to shootout and I don't know what the heck happened in the Anaheim game. They looked strong until the 3rd. I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched Giguere lose it, but I can't fault him. Smythe was in his face. Tomorrow night with the Oilers should be interesting. Here's to hoping that the Kings team that played the Thrashers shows up tomorrow night... However, after watching tonights Oilers/Ducks highlights, it could be a rather depressing night....

Rob Stauber* 01-25-2006 11:54 PM

If SJ wins their games in hand (which looks very possibly) they'll surpass us.

Its gonna come down to LA & EDM.

We better get our act together or EDM will take 8th place in a landslide.

Ziggy Stardust 01-25-2006 11:54 PM

Four of the six Oilers goals were scored by defensemen, and look what won the game for Edmonton, special teams! The Oilers have a number of deadly weapons on their powerplay, and don't have to rely on one or two players like the Kings do.

Last time the two teams met, the Kings went 0 for 12 on the powerplay, whereas the Oilers were 3 for 12. The Kings had a lead going in the 3rd period, but the Oilers tied it and put the game away with a powerplay goal. The season series so far is split at 1-1.

swinginutter* 01-26-2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Four of the six Oilers goals were scored by defensemen, and look what won the game for Edmonton, special teams! The Oilers have a number of deadly weapons on their powerplay, and don't have to rely on one or two players like the Kings do.

Last time the two teams met, the Kings went 0 for 12 on the powerplay, whereas the Oilers were 3 for 12. The Kings had a lead going in the 3rd period, but the Oilers tied it and put the game away with a powerplay goal. The season series so far is split at 1-1.

Funny thing is......Edmonton has struggled quite bad on the PP the last few weeks. According to the announcers last night? :dunno:

dbbourn 01-26-2006 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Here's to hoping that the Kings team that played the Thrashers shows up tomorrow night...

Still haven't deleted that game, and I am waiting for that team to come back too. Actually, Since that game the team has pissed me off so much that I started a new little habit... throwing things. It's not quite like kicking the dog, but for me (normally pretty calm) it is a big deal. Anybody else have habits like this? Perhaps a Corvo or AM voodoo doll at home?

Ziggy Stardust 01-26-2006 12:13 PM

That may have been the case but they sure didn't struggle last night. Plus with the amount of time the Oilers spent with a two man-advantage, they were due for a powerplay goal (or two). The Oilers have the 12th best powerplay unit, so the Kings better try to stay out of the box. They also have the 12th best penalty killing in the league as well.

Old Hickory 01-26-2006 12:17 PM

I hope they used all of their scoring up last night :)

Fripp 01-26-2006 01:11 PM

The oilers got every call going their way in that game. I couldn't believe the stuff they didnt get called for. As gor JSG ... he had a legit beef ... Smyth lifted his stick on that shot and the goal should have been called back for goalie interference. And quite honestly, there was more than 5 minutes left, someone besides JSG should have made Smyth pay for it.

Oilman72 01-26-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fripp
The oilers got every call going their way in that game. I couldn't believe the stuff they didnt get called for. As gor JSG ... he had a legit beef ... Smyth lifted his stick on that shot and the goal should have been called back for goalie interference. And quite honestly, there was more than 5 minutes left, someone besides JSG should have made Smyth pay for it.

Uuuh, actually he didn't lift anything, he brought his stick down trying for a tip and tapped the shaft of Giguere's stick. If Giguere was in position he would have stopped the shot. The shaft of his stick isn't going to stop it for him. I really felt it wasn't that big of a deal and certainly not big enough to implode and hand the rest of the game to the Oilers.

The way Giguere was acting was like Smyth pushed him over when the shot was coming through. Complete over reaction on Giguere's part.

As for tonight in LA, we better play a helluva lot better than we did last night, as the first two periods were an embarrassment.

misfit 01-26-2006 01:53 PM

The Oilers should have been called for about 4 or 5 too many men penalties, but I guess the refs missed that page in the rulebook. Other than that, the refs did a good job. All of the penalties were deserved for both sides. Edmonton's powerplay has been pretty good all year, but lately it's been terrible. Hopefully, last night was the start of the powerplay getting back to form (it atually fell to 12th over the last 4 or 5 games from 7th...or was it 8th?). Having a 5-on-3 for about 4 minutes didn't hurt either, but the Ducks also had a lengthy 5-on-3 in the 1st period.

swinginutter* 01-26-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilman72
Uuuh, actually he didn't lift anything, he brought his stick down trying for a tip and tapped the shaft of Giguere's stick. If Giguere was in position he would have stopped the shot. The shaft of his stick isn't going to stop it for him. I really felt it wasn't that big of a deal and certainly not big enough to implode and hand the rest of the game to the Oilers.

The way Giguere was acting was like Smyth pushed him over when the shot was coming through. Complete over reaction on Giguere's part.

As for tonight in LA, we better play a helluva lot better than we did last night, as the first two periods were an embarrassment.

Giguere is a *****, and he completely overreacted! He lost all credibility anyways, when he started crying like a little girl after the Stanley Cup.......what a ***! He'll be dealt with his actions too the coach's!