HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Demitra (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=215739)

Steve 01-26-2006 01:05 PM

Demitra

any one heard anything on when you will expect him back? I need him for my yahoo pool. I can't find anything on him

thanks

Old Hickory 01-26-2006 01:07 PM

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=215625

Osprey 01-26-2006 10:15 PM

Update: Pavol just said on TV that he hopes to return next week, "probably Monday" (Jan 30th).

kingsfan25 01-26-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osprey
Update: Pavol just said on TV that he hopes to return next week, "probably Monday" (Jan 30th).

It's all falling into place.

swinginutter* 01-26-2006 11:26 PM

The Palffy rumblings on break the ice, was a bit weird. Marty seemed to be joking..........but Demitra didn't necessarily dismiss it. dont know how that would work, but I truly believe Ziggy left because he went to play for a big heap of ****. not to mention he played with mr know-it-all.....Sidney Crosby. Lemieux did the same because that team can't be helped!

Osprey 01-26-2006 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swinginutter
The Palffy rumblings on break the ice, was a bit weird.

They should know better, but people say silly things when having small-talk on camera.

PSP 01-26-2006 11:57 PM

Quote:

Lemieux did the same because that team can't be helped!

I think the heart arrhythmia problem had something to do with it as well.

Something about dropping dead that could ruin the rest of your day.........

Riposte! 01-27-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

The Palffy rumblings on break the ice, was a bit weird.

I agree. That was bizarre. I can't think of any reason McSorley would even bring that up knowing Palffy retired.

johnjm22 01-27-2006 12:16 AM

If the Penguins would have been a competitive team this year, both Mario and Ziggy would still be playing right now.

PSP 01-27-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22
If the Penguins would have been a competitive team this year, both Mario and Ziggy would still be playing right now.

Let me try again - Mario Lemieux has a potentially deadly heart rhythm problem. He CAN'T play without risk his life.

Look up Hank Gathers to see what happens when you play with this condition.

Osprey 01-27-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
Let me try again - Mario Lemieux has a potentially deadly heart rhythm problem. He CAN'T play without risk his life.

He played with it for who knows how many months or years. If the Pens were in a playoff spot, I believe that he would've played out the rest of the season. Since they don't, the choice was obvious.

johnjm22 01-27-2006 01:24 AM

Quote:

He played with it for who knows how many months or years. If the Pens were in a playoff spot, I believe that he would've played out the rest of the season. Since they don't, the choice was obvious.

Exactly. ;)

PSP 01-27-2006 01:25 AM

The difference was that the condition scared him or his doctors enough to hospitalize him twice in the last few months

Osprey 01-27-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSP
The difference was that the condition scared him or his doctors enough to hospitalize him twice in the last few months

At the press conference, the first explanation that Lemieux gave was that he "couldn't continue to play at the level that he was accustomed to" and the second was the risk to his health. I don't mean to downplay the seriousness of his health concern, but I believe that the Pens performance made the decision a lot easier than it would've otherwise been.

PSP 01-27-2006 01:42 AM

You're correct - it did make it easier.

I had a friend with a similar condition. This guy scared the crap out of everybody around him, regularly downplaying his condition - until he dropped dead at 35.

Osprey 01-28-2006 05:21 AM

Update: According to this morning's papers, Demitra says that "it's a day-to-day thing" when asked if he would play today (Sat). He was also wearing a red jersey instead of his yellow one (yellow denotes injury) and practicing with the #1 PP unit. All of this is pretty compelling evidence that playing today is not out of the question. We'll see.

Old Hickory 01-28-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

Update: According to this morning's papers, Demitra says that "it's a day-to-day thing" when asked if he would play today (Sat). He was also wearing a red jersey instead of his yellow one (yellow denotes injury) and practicing with the #1 PP unit. All of this is pretty compelling evidence that playing today is not out of the question. We'll see.

I have my fingers, eyes and ears crossed that I see him on the ice today

halco 01-28-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn

Me too!!!!

Sybil227 01-28-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Could you take a picture of that & post it for us? :eek:

jfont 01-28-2006 01:13 PM

please, please, please...to all those on the cusp of getting off the IR (or just barely off IR)...Do not reaggrivate your injures!!!

TubbyTerrion* 01-28-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
please, please, please...to all those on the cusp of getting off the IR (or just barely off IR)...Do not reaggrivate your injures!!!

You're assuming (a) they're reading this, and (b) they too don't know how to spell :biglaugh:

kingsfan25 01-28-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

It might be difficult with crossed eyes.

But we'll tell you if he turns up.

ILuvLA 01-28-2006 02:14 PM

I thinking that it won't be until Monday. Hope I'm wrong.

kingsfan25 01-28-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I thinking that it won't be until Monday. Hope I'm wrong.

The team's been very cautious with even slight injuries this year (though it doesn't seem to have helped), and combining that with the fact that Demitra said he probably won't play, I'd have to agree with you. The practice time on the PP was probably just to get him in the swing of things again.

King'sPawn 01-28-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybil227
Could you take a picture of that & post it for us? :eek:

You don't need a picture. Just visualize a cross eyed Bob Goodenow!