HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Eager recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=215848)

FlyerFanLWB 01-26-2006 05:42 PM

Eager recalled

eager,stevenson,johnsson and pitkanen are expected to go on saturday... good news

goodrev 01-26-2006 08:05 PM

we are saved, i think this is fantastic news. This kid is a emotional sparkplug, works hard nearly every shift and isnt afraid to stand up for his team/linemates, AKA just what this team needs. i think that its is no coincidence that when he was sent down the team stopped winning

FlyHigh 01-26-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
we are saved, i think this is fantastic news. This kid is a emotional sparkplug, works hard nearly every shift and isnt afraid to stand up for his team/linemates, AKA just what this team needs. i think that its is no coincidence that when he was sent down the team stopped winning

I completely agree with you. I think some of the veterans see how hard the kid works and realize that perhaps they should up their work effort as well.

hockeyphan25 01-26-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev

I also agree. Hitchcock should have been admitted to the looney bin for sending Eager down after the way he played.

Stonehands77 01-27-2006 09:38 AM

Question...why do people keep saying (in this thread and in the "Meyer" thread) that it's Hitchcock's fault for sending a player down to the Phantoms? I was under the impression that the title of "General Manager" was held by one Robert Clarke. Or am I mistaken? Yes, Hitch has feedback here, but the ultimate decision is made by Clarke. So please, if you're going to ***** about callups/people sent down, ***** about the correct person. And then remember that the NHL has a cap, the Flyers are close to it, and the rules kinda' screw over people like Eager and Meyer because of their two way contracts and how money counts against the cap.

To be on topic, I'm glad to see him called back up. I thought he was very effective at his role the last time: hit people, bring energy to the ice, forecheck hard, etc. I like Eager as a third/4th line energy player. Certainly better than Savage. And nearly as effective (points-wise) as Radio so far this season. I believe it's 8 pts. in 20 games for Eager, 13 in 47 games for Radio.

[Edit: Yup...3G 5A in 20 games for Eager, 8G 5A in 47 games for Radio. Confirmed at TSN's Flyers team stats page]

RoDu 01-27-2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stonehands77
To be on topic, I'm glad to see him called back up. I thought he was very effective at his role the last time: hit people, bring energy to the ice, forecheck hard, etc. I like Eager as a third/4th line energy player. Certainly better than Savage. And nearly as effective (points-wise) as Radio so far this season. I believe it's 8 pts. in 20 games for Eager, 13 in 47 games for Radio.

[Edit: Yup...3G 5A in 20 games for Eager, 8G 5A in 47 games for Radio. Confirmed at TSN's Flyers team stats page]

But radio was on the PK. But anyways, I hope Eager plays like he has for us, and makes Stevenson expendable

Blindside9711 01-27-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
But radio was on the PK. But anyways, I hope Eager plays like he has for us, and makes Stevenson expendable

I don't mind the defensive effort Turner was putting in while he was healthy. At this point, I don't think there's a team in the league that will take guys like Savage, Brashear, Stevenson, et al. off of our hands because they either stink up the joint on a nightly basis, or they have a contract that most teams aren't willing to put on their books.