HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Koviu returns Thursday (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21586)

NYR1084 10-21-2003 10:44 AM

Koviu returns Thursday

Hey guys,

Talked to my brother today. Chris said that Koivu will be back Thursday night against the Islanders.

Just thought Id pass the info along.

Take care,

Kev

VAN-HAB 10-21-2003 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey guys,

Talked to my brother today. Chris said that Koivu will be back Thursday night against the Islanders.

Take care,

Kev

Thanks KEV, good to know!

Darz 10-21-2003 10:49 AM

COOL!!! It's great to have a guy on the inside!

oli500 10-21-2003 10:55 AM

well this is great news because now were going to have 3 great scoring lines. Ottawa better watch out on saturday because were not the same team when we first played them. Thanks for the info kev.

my lines when koivus is playing on thusrday

Hossa Ribeiro Zednik
Bulis Koivu Ryder
Ward Perrault audette
Sundtrom -Juneau - Dackell

Do you have any info of when langdon is going to play and if Cris will play soon.

KillToronto 10-21-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Take care,

Kev

I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but who's your brother?

(I have Koivu on IR on my fantasy team, so this news is great if true :) )

Corey 10-21-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillToronto
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk but who's your brother?

(I have Koivu on IR on my fantasy team, so this news is great if true :) )

His brother is Chris Higgins.

KillToronto 10-21-2003 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey
His brother is Chris Higgins.

Ah, that's cool. Thanks.

CrAzYNiNe 10-21-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
What proof do you have that you're Chris Higgins brother? Just take your word for it or do you have any kind of proof?

I think he had to give proof to some of the HF admins, because I remember some guy saying he had inside info was banned quite quickly without giving any of the admins any proof of who he was. Althoug this isn't the same situation, it's not that far off either

Wildcat 10-21-2003 12:47 PM

Yeah, Kev, we need to see proof. Post your drivers license, blacking out any irrelevant info! :joker:

Honestly, MK, how can you consider yourself a Habs fan with this lack of blind faith you have. ;)

I think thereís a difference between posing as Chris Higginís brother or say the guy that could or couldnít be Bob Mackenzie. IMO, thereís no harm no foul in this case if he is indeed posing as his brother but Iíve never really given it a second thought.

Keep up the posts, Kev.

Munchausen 10-21-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

Alright, um i'd really like to hear what he has to say about this though.. so 'Kev' got any proof at all?

All the inside info he gave us so far was accurate. I don't doubt he's his bro. Some here like Darz have known him for quite a while I beleive so don't worry about that he's really Chris' little brother.

EDIT: BTW thanks for the info Kev. :)

didjuicythat 10-21-2003 12:48 PM

Quote:

Alright, um i'd really like to hear what he has to say about this though.. so 'Kev' got any proof at all?

Why don't you just get over it? I think we have been given enough proof in the past that he is really is Chris' brother. He's an honest guy. :teach:

danboulie 10-21-2003 12:50 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Take care,

Kev

Thanks alot, Kev.
Gotta love inside info.
Did he say anything about if he's going to get to play again anytime soon or not?

Rahan 10-21-2003 12:53 PM

Quote:

Wow, I think you're being a jerk now. Kev is really Chris' brother, he prooved it with his posts so far, and if you have a doubt, just keep it for yourself, as we all believe Kev.

Brisebois 10-21-2003 01:02 PM

When Kev first posted there must've been a 10-page argument whether or not he was Chris' brother. But he proved it, and has only given correct information so far... and every once in a while a good inside 'scoop'.

We're all glad that you post here Kev, not only because you're Chris' brother. Keep it up.

P.S. I wonder if you can get into the 'priviledged' board for being Chris Higgins' brother :)

Howie Morenz 10-21-2003 01:30 PM

It will be great to have Saku back. I hear the old saying"If it ain't broke,don't fix it". Sure,we are 4-2, but Koivu is our best player and he belongs in the lineup and I don't care at what centreman's expense.

Joe Malone 10-21-2003 01:46 PM

Quote:

I've read all Kev's posts since he joined in March....I remember the lengthy debate over whether he was truthful or not. Kev has been accurate in everything he has said. I'm convinced he is indeed Chris Higgins' brother.

Of course, I've been fooled before. :p

Thanks for the update Kev. Does that mean Chris will be Hamilton-bound?

Mike8 10-21-2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
All the inside info he gave us so far was accurate. I don't doubt he's his bro. Some here like Darz have known him for quite a while I beleive so don't worry about that he's really Chris' little brother.

EDIT: BTW thanks for the info Kev. :)

Actually there's been a few news-like posts Kev's posted that have been inaccurate, but I'm sure that would happen even if he's Higgins' brother.

I have to admit I didn't buy he was Chris' brother at first. At this point, he's consistently held on to that title so I'm at the point of believing and simply not caring. ;) He seems genuine, so there's no reason to discount it.

Either way, thanks for the info Kev!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:07 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Take care,

Kev

Thanks Mr Higgins ;)

montreal 10-21-2003 03:14 PM

Great news! This team needs Koivu, wonder what the lines will be? Now we just need Langdon and Kilger back!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montreal
Great news! This team needs Koivu, wonder what the lines will be? Now we just need Langdon and Kilger back!

How about this:

Bulis Koivu Audette
Hossa Riberio Zednik
Ward Perreault Sundstrom
Dackell Juneau Begin

Markov Rivet
Briesbois Bouillon/Hainsey
Souray Quintal

Theodore
Garon

NYR1084 10-21-2003 03:19 PM

Hey,

I too would find myself doubting if someone came on the board and said he was related to so and so, but then I would just take his word on it. This guy would have to be a real dork to go online and post saying that he is related to a player when he really wasn't. It just wastes everyones time. So Im sure some of you guys dont believe me, and thats fine by me. I never rubbed it in anyones face that I am related to Chris or made a bogus claim about him or any events. I read this site for a while until I decided that it would be cool to get some details and relate them on to you guys. If you dont think I am his brother thats fine, and read my posts with a grain of salt. Makes no difference to me whether you think I am his brother or not, I just thought it would be cool to answer some questions, and when I talk to my brother to relate the information on to you guys here. So I guess you'll have to take my word for it for now.

Oh, there is one guy you could ask here to get some ''proof''. User VINMONTY went to Avon Old Farms with my brother, he was one or two years older than Chris. They played on the same soccer and hockey teams together. He plays hockey at Assumption College. So if your that curious then you can PM him and ask. Him and I talk pretty regularly on here, PM-ing each other when we get a chance.

As for Chris' situation, right now he doesnt know what his deal is with the Habs. He hasnt dressed the last few games, which is kind of pointing to the fact that he will be sent down to Hamiliton. But only time will tell.

Take care,

Kev

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:21 PM

Quote:

Hey,

I too would find myself doubting if someone came on the board and said he was related to so and so, but then I would just take his word on it. This guy would have to be a real dork to go online and post saying that he is related to a player when he really wasn't. It just wastes everyones time. So Im sure some of you guys dont believe me, and thats fine by me. I never rubbed it in anyones face that I am related to Chris or made a bogus claim about him or any events. I read this site for a while until I decided that it would be cool to get some details and relate them on to you guys. If you dont think I am his brother thats fine, and read my posts with a grain of salt. Makes no difference to me whether you think I am his brother or not, I just thought it would be cool to answer some questions, and when I talk to my brother to relate the information on to you guys here. So I guess you'll have to take my word for it for now.

Oh, there is one guy you could ask here to get some ''proof''. User VINMONTY went to Avon Old Farms with my brother, he was one or two years older than Chris. They played on the same soccer and hockey teams together. He plays hockey at Assumption College. So if your that curious then you can PM him and ask. Him and I talk pretty regularly on here, PM-ing each other when we get a chance.

As for Chris' situation, right now he doesnt know what his deal is with the Habs. He hasnt dressed the last few games, which is kind of pointing to the fact that he will be sent down to Hamiliton. But only time will tell.

Take care,

Kev

Kevin, i look forward to seeing your brother Chris play some games for the habs this season....hopefully to replace Juneau/Dackell

BLONG7 10-21-2003 03:52 PM

Quote:

Hey,

Take care,

Kev

Thanks for the info, you seem very sincere and I think most on this board appreciate your input. BTW if your brother goes down to the Dogs I hope he has a great season and gives the Habs reason to call him back up!

NYR1084 10-21-2003 03:53 PM

Hey

One of my suitemates at school has a camera..Ill see what I can do just to make you happy buddy.

Kev

gohabsgo2010 10-21-2003 04:01 PM

Quote:

Also why don't you ask Chris to post sometimes on here, and ask him to ask some other guys to post on here too, that would be AWESOME.

I don't know about that, NHL'ers live pretty busy lives. Just ask Hainsey... :p