HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   trade proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21616)

the future 10-21-2003 12:19 PM

trade proposal

buffalo gets: denis gauthier
chris clark
2nd rounder

calgary gets:
mika noronen
tim connolly

rabi 10-21-2003 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the future
chris clark
2nd rounder

calgary gets:
mika noronen
tim connolly

I wish you were the GM of Calgary!!!

Rhett4 10-21-2003 12:55 PM

Quote:

chris clark
2nd rounder

calgary gets:
mika noronen
tim connolly

Calgary gets way ripped off. If Regier pulled that off then he'd have some voodoo magic.

lecherous 10-21-2003 03:48 PM

Oh man, I'd do that deal in a second, even though I have absolutely no idea who Chris Clark is. *goes and looks*

Edit : Clark's stats look Mair-esque...how does he play?

billsandsabres 10-21-2003 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lecherous
Oh man, I'd do that deal in a second, even though I have absolutely no idea who Chris Clark is. *goes and looks*

Edit : Clark's stats look Mair-esque...how does he play?

played at clarkson, that's all i know and that's all i need to know
ecac hockey kicks!
craig conroy, willie mitchell, todd marchant, ERIK COLE, clarkson pumps em out

WhoIsJimBob 10-22-2003 02:40 AM

If Sutter panics because of Turek's knee injury and wants to do a deal like this, then you have to take it and worry about the overflow of defensemen on the roster later.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 03:58 AM

Quote:

chris clark
2nd rounder

calgary gets:
mika noronen
tim connolly

No. We don't need a #4 defenseman, a 10 goal scorer and a 2nd rounder for two guys with tons of potential.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
Calgary gets way ripped off. If Regier pulled that off then he'd have some voodoo magic.

How does Calgary get ripped off? We get a 10 goal scorer, a defenseman who hits but gets out of position doing so and a 2nd rounder for a guy who could be our starting goaltender and a guy who could yet hit 70 points. Plus, we then have 9 - count 'em - 9 defensemen. Worse yet, Zhitnik, Kalinin, McKee, Tallinder, Campbell and Gauthier are all LEFT defensemen. Patrick and Delmore are right defensemen, but are not full time defensemen.

If we are dealing anyone, we have to deal a LH defenseman. And in doing so, get someone physical or get a #1 defenseman, like a Derek Morris.

WhoIsJimBob 10-22-2003 04:19 AM

Quote:

for two guys with tons of potential
:rolleyes:

Potential means nothing if it doesn't look like the player will ever develop it.

And right now I don't see Noronen or Connolly developing into much of anything in a Sabres uniform.

The Sabres would be lucky to get 2 gritty NHLers for these guys right now.

Rhett4 10-22-2003 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
No. We don't need a #4 defenseman, a 10 goal scorer and a 2nd rounder for two guys with tons of potential.

Noronen is worth a second rounder at most.

Gauthier is worth more than Connolly. Connolly has "potential" (that I guarentee will never be achieved), and Gauthier is already a guy that would be top 4 on this team. We're always complaining that our defense is too soft, can't hit, and clear the net. He'd do a much better job than Soupy, Patrick, Fitz, Delmore, and Tallinder (possibly Kalinin) in that area, I will tell you that.

Then on top of that you expect Calgary to toss in a decent role player?

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-22-2003 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
Noronen is worth a second rounder at most.

Gauthier is worth more than Connolly. Connolly has "potential" (that I guarentee will never be achieved), and Gauthier is already a guy that would be top 4 on this team. We're always complaining that our defense is too soft, can't hit, and clear the net. He'd do a much better job than Soupy, Patrick, Fitz, Delmore, and Tallinder (possibly Kalinin) in that area, I will tell you that.

Then on top of that you expect Calgary to toss in a decent role player?

You don't deal a goaltender who is regarded as a top 50 prospect *by NHL GMs* (THN) for a second rounder. If NHL GMs regard Noronen as a top 50 prospect, he will get more than a second rounder. Second, why would you ever deal a goaltender with so little experience playing at the NHL level? Calgary learned from that mistake.

How will you guarantee Connolly's potential will never be achieved? Nobody can predict the future. Don't look now, but Rico Fata is scoring a point a game.

Clearing the net is one aspect of playing defense. Gauthier constantly gets out of position trying to make the big hit. He constantly gets injured from the style he plays (and this will get worse with age). And he's LH. This team needs Gauthier's toughness, but they don't need his LH shot and acquiring yet another defenseman when we already have a glut of D in general and LD specifically.