HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Buffalo-Montreal Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21633)

not quite yoda 10-21-2003 02:09 PM

Buffalo-Montreal Proposal

Pyatt to MTL

Hossa and Perreault to BUF

Buffalo could use an extra body who can score now. They also don't lose much on the youth side since Hossa and Pyatt were born the same year and both have similar numbers.

Montreal gets the "young forward with size who can score" they have been looking for. Also, this clears up the controversy at centre: the 2nd line spot opens up for Koivu.

Mr Brownstone 10-21-2003 02:13 PM

From a Buffalo standpoint I like this deal. Although I've preached not giving up on Pyatt, Perrault and Hossa can light the lamp. Taylor doesn't come to play every night, if he did he'd be a force. Unfortunately, MTL's GM would NEVER do this deal IMO.

Souffle 10-21-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SabresIn05
From a Buffalo standpoint I like this deal. Although I've preached not giving up on Pyatt, Perrault and Hossa can light the lamp. Taylor doesn't come to play every night, if he did he'd be a force. Unfortunately, MTL's GM would NEVER do this deal IMO.

I really like this from a Habs POV. But the whole divisional rival angle kind of kills the deal, especially as the Habs and Sabres could be fighting one another for one of the last playoff spots this year.

Munchausen 10-21-2003 02:37 PM

High risk transaction for both teams. Whoever gets the young gun that will blossom into an impact player will make the other GM look quite foolish. Perreault is no big deal since he's in his last year of contract before he becomes UFA anyway but what if Hossa puts up 60-70 points 2 years from now in Buffalo and Pyatt busts? What if it's the other way around?

That's the kind of trade you do only if you know the other player VERY well and think it's a can't miss kind of transaction, which is far from the case considering both Hossa and Pyatt have high upside and have not proved anything in the NHL so far. In that context, I don't see it happening.

H3ro 10-21-2003 02:44 PM

I like it from an Habs POV. Really like it.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 02:45 PM

Love this deal from a habs point of view.....Gainey would probably though it if Reigher offered him that deal

Psycho Papa Joe 10-21-2003 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
How bout Perrault for Briere??

More great comedy on the part of the Stummerman :lol:

Psycho Papa Joe 10-21-2003 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Pyatt to MTL

Buffalo could use an extra body who can score now. They also don't lose much on the youth side since Hossa and Pyatt were born the same year and both have similar numbers.

Montreal gets the "young forward with size who can score" they have been looking for. Also, this clears up the controversy at centre: the 2nd line spot opens up for Koivu.

I'd do it from a Habs perspective. I like Hossa, but IMO Pyatt has the higher upside, plus according to the G Man, he has speed.

Darth Milbury 10-21-2003 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
I'd do it from a Habs perspective. I like Hossa, but IMO Pyatt has the higher upside, plus according to the G Man, he has speed.

Might as well take Perrault out of the deal, since Buffalo doesn't need another center and wouldn't want his contract.

So, it is Hossa for Pyatt.

I think the Sabres would pass.

Its a fair deal, but they don't look ready to give up on Pyatt yet, and I think Pyatt's upside is a bit higher.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Might as well take Perrault out of the deal, since Buffalo doesn't need another center and wouldn't want his contract.

So, it is Hossa for Pyatt.

I think the Sabres would pass.

Its a fair deal, but they don't look ready to give up on Pyatt yet, and I think Pyatt's upside is a bit higher.

Perhaps Hossa/3rd rounder/Audette(1 mil his salary paid by Mtl) for Pyatt may work out....

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

I think the Habs would love to have Briere- they could have had him for nothing eons ago, Savard blew it- Big trade Satan and Briere for Koivu Hossa and Hainsey

i pass from Montreal's standpoint

RoyIsALegend* 10-21-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury

Maybe it's just me, but I think Yannic Perrault is a guy that would attract alot of interest later on in the season. He is a UFA after this year, and is making $3 M, but come February or March, much of that salary is already paid off.

He's undisputedly the best face-off man in the league and can rack up 45-50 points. The knock on him is his inconsistency and lack of grit, but on the right team(and line), such faults can be corrected.

Darth Milbury 10-21-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Ok last warning next time your reported to moderators

Dude, do youself a favor, enjoy posting here and stop getting involved in these tussles with Psycho Joe. He is a well-respected poster here and you're only making yourself look bad.

Psycho Papa Joe 10-21-2003 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Maybe it's just me, but I think Yannic Perrault is a guy that would attract alot of interest later on in the season. He is a UFA after this year, and is making $3 M, but come February or March, much of that salary is already paid off.

He's undisputedly the best face-off man in the league and can rack up 45-50 points. The knock on him is his inconsistency and lack of grit, but on the right team(and line), such faults can be corrected.

As discussed in another thread, I think he'd be perfect for the NJ Devils who lack a quality faceoff man. When Nieuwendyk went down last year the Devils did very poorly on faceoffs and the Devils haven't really addressed that need.

Psycho Papa Joe 10-21-2003 03:34 PM

Quote:

I thought I was on your ignore list :dunno:

Were you serious about Briere for Perreault? Jeez, I seriously thought you were joking. I thought you were trying to lighten the mood and give us all a good laugh. My mistake. I appologize in the sincerest form possible, especially considering our close relationship. I would never want to besmirch a fine poster such as yourself. :rolleyes:

RoyIsALegend* 10-21-2003 06:00 PM

Quote:

And Im sure you respect the political acumen Arnold Sschwarz whatever as well- Thats it i gotta be insulted by a californian about hockey- sheesh dude the california golden seals now take a hike and go console psycho joe

You can't *possibly* be speaking English, can you?

Dr Love 10-21-2003 06:03 PM

Quote:

LOL. Quite funny considering I've already asked the mods to look at your childish behaviour. I eagerly await your classless and immature response that will no doubt attempt to be insulting, but fail miserably. :rolleyes:

zoidberg 10-21-2003 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Love
LOL. Quite funny considering I've already asked the mods to look at your childish behaviour. I eagerly await your classless and immature response that will no doubt attempt to be insulting, but fail miserably. :rolleyes:

Uch. Why must everyone use the rolleyes. It starts more fights than anything, even puck poise.

Dr Love 10-21-2003 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
puck poise.

Thems' fightin words.

Buffaloed 10-21-2003 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by espion
Pyatt to MTL

I'll counter with:

Pyatt + Briere for Hossa and Koivu

Psycho Papa Joe 10-21-2003 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffaloed
I'll counter with:

Pyatt + Briere for Hossa and Koivu

Don't like it, don't like it at all from a Habs perspective. The Habs lose too much heart, intangibles and leadership. If the Habs choose to deal Koivu I would expect Gainey to hit a homerun. That deal certainly doesn't.

Munchausen 10-21-2003 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
Don't like it, don't like it at all from a Habs perspective. The Habs lose too much heart, intangibles and leadership. If the Habs choose to deal Koivu I would expect Gainey to hit a homerun. That deal certainly doesn't.

I agree. I thought Pyatt and Hossa were pretty much a wash or close, but Koivu and Briere are certainly not. Koivu might be injury prone, but there's a limit to decreasing his value for that, especially considering Bufffalo is a rival Montreal could likely be fighting with for a playoff spot. Montreal have no reason to trade him, they just signed him to a 2-year deal.

If Briere who could be had for a 3rd liner last season (Gratton) is all the Habs can fetch for Koivu, I'd pass big time on any kind of trade involving him (something I'd probably do no matter what anyways). Like it has been said to death, Koivu is more useful to Montreal than any other team in this league.

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
I agree. I thought Pyatt and Hossa were pretty much a wash or close, but Koivu and Briere are certainly not. Koivu might be injury prone, but there's a limit to decreasing his value for that, especially considering Bufffalo is a rival Montreal could likely be fighting with for a playoff spot. Montreal have no reason to trade him, they just signed him to a 2-year deal.

If Briere who could be had for a 3rd liner last season (Gratton) is all the Habs can fetch for Koivu, I'd pass big time on any kind of trade involving him (something I'd probably do no matter what anyways). Like it has been said to death, Koivu is more useful to Montreal than any other team in this league.

As a habs fan, I have to admit I would take Pyatt over Hossa....it is close, but Pyatt has more trade value and the habs probably think more higher of him than Hossa at this point. Hossa and a third for Pyatt may work out value wise.

As for Koivu and Briere, Koivu has much more value than that.....no way Montreal would trade their heart and soul captain for Briere....Koivu is way more valuable than Briere to any team, especially the habs

Vatican Roulette 10-21-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
Uch. Why must everyone use the rolleyes. It starts more fights than anything, even puck poise.

agreed....get rid of those damn things. Every time i see one i think the person is sounding like a stuck-up valley girl.

WhoIsJimBob 10-22-2003 02:47 AM

How about:

Pyatt and Kalinin

for

Hossa and Komisarek