HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21644)

PanthersRule96 10-21-2003 02:38 PM

Prospects

As I've predicted, Taticek has been doing quite well in the setup role. Shvidki is tearing it up which will earn him a callup eventually. 2g 4 a 6 pts. 5 games. Weiss is like 1 goals and 2 assists in 5 games. It is quite dissapointing to see him producing like this. He should be scoring. Hopefully he'll turn out better than Chistov or other guys picked around him. Campbell look pretty good. I'm surprised they sent him down.

Lines I wish are

Hagman-Jokinen-Shvidki
Huselius-Kozlov-Nedorost
Nilson-Horton-Samuelsson
Messier-McDonald-Hordichuk

Extras (Novoseltsev, Bednar)

Takkie 10-21-2003 02:45 PM

hmm. i really like your lines. except that second line is a little soft. maybe move huselius up and bring hagman down so you have physical presence on each line.

jacksheit 10-21-2003 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersRule
Lines I wish are

Hagman-Jokinen-Shvidki
Huselius-Kozlov-Nedorost
Nilson-Horton-Samuelsson
Messier-McDonald-Hordichuk

Extras (Novoseltsev, Bednar)

Shvidki is too soft, he hasta hit mor ei think

Coolburn 10-21-2003 04:57 PM

I'm working on a spreadsheet now with all our prospects, where they're playin and all their stats. But obviously the guys in San Antonio are playing pretty well. But some of our guys in college are doing well also...some of the junior players are doing well. I'll update it after tomorrow's game between the Rampage and Grizzlies for all to see.

Heimy 10-21-2003 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichPanther
I'm working on a spreadsheet now with all our prospects, where they're playin and all their stats. But obviously the guys in San Antonio are playing pretty well. But some of our guys in college are doing well also...some of the junior players are doing well. I'll update it after tomorrow's game between the Rampage and Grizzlies for all to see.

Cool daddio! :yo: Let's sticky it :rolly:

Coolburn 10-22-2003 03:46 AM

Several of our prospects are in games tonite so I'll post it tomorrow morning with all the updates. You should see how hard it is to compile some of the stats for the Euro players...I'm learning bits and pieces of Swedish, Finnish, Russian and a few other languages as a result
:lol:

Hell, I get confused when I go to the website for HC Lugano with plays in Switzerland but the website is usually in Italian (who in 15 games thus far has 12 wins...and is the place that Adrian Wichser plays). And some places just don't update stats very well (like HC Lugano). So some of it might be incomplete but better than nothing.

MoeHowardDavid 10-22-2003 12:45 PM

Quote:

Several of our prospects are in games tonite so I'll post it tomorrow morning with all the updates. You should see how hard it is to compile some of the stats for the Euro players...I'm learning bits and pieces of Swedish, Finnish, Russian and a few other languages as a result
:lol:

Hell, I get confused when I go to the website for HC Lugano with plays in Switzerland but the website is usually in Italian (who in 15 games thus far has 12 wins...and is the place that Adrian Wichser plays). And some places just don't update stats very well (like HC Lugano). So some of it might be incomplete but better than nothing.

Good luck Rich, I look forward to it.

Coolburn 10-22-2003 02:48 PM

If anyone has any clue as to the location of Janis Sprukts or David Morisset, I would be grateful. Those are the only 2 prospects that I can't find anywhere and I've done a lot of searching. Also, I thought FL was giving Nilson's brother a shot to play in the ECHL...but he's not listed with their team so maybe he just didn't stick but I dunno about him either.

GudVibransons 10-22-2003 03:33 PM

I believe Morrisset is on IR. He is listed on NHLPA.com. I was hoping you would know where Sprukts is. I remember him being signed and sent to San Antonio, but he just disappeared. Anybody have a program from one of the home games that might list his location? I know last year they had their prospect updates.

Donga 10-22-2003 04:26 PM

Looking up the tsn.ca site... it states that Sprukts has been assigned to Augusta Lynx in ECHL. I hope that helps RP.

Coolburn 10-22-2003 05:11 PM

Thanks guys. I figured that Morisset was on the IR and I haven't seen Sprukts on Augusta's roster so I think he might be on the IR too. I was able to get a lot more in-depth stats earlier before the game and got to update a few Euros as a result. Now to just update all the NA games for tonite and I'll link the spreadsheet for everyone.

#edit# and I'm glad I waited for tonites games...a few of our junior players had some big nites including Dany Roussin (2g 3a) and Stefan Meyer (1g 1a thru 2 periods).

Clash* 10-22-2003 05:58 PM

Last year, it took the Jackson Bandits almost a month to update their roster after Olsen was sent down. The ECHL teams aren't necessarily on top of that with their websites.

Coolburn 10-23-2003 03:12 AM

Well I got the spreadsheet all done and watch on Friday, the Growl will have that prospect update thing too :dunno: But this way you get it a day early :rolly: In the near future, I'm going to try to build a database instead so its easier to update and it could be more sortable because right now its just alphabetical. I need to move my domain to something other than where its located but for now, its something & doesn't cost me too much. Enjoy guys!

http://www.coolburn.com/prospects.htm

PS: oh by the way, if anyone is interested, I do have a login for central scouting and the preliminary rankings will be out in November. I'll figure out a way to allow us all to see those when they're out.

GudVibransons 10-23-2003 04:45 AM

Any idea what's up with Mikael Vuorio, the only goalie prospect we have not already in our minor league system? He's the only omission from the list.

Coolburn 10-23-2003 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hagman-O-War
Any idea what's up with Mikael Vuorio, the only goalie prospect we have not already in our minor league system? He's the only omission from the list.

I guess you didn't see the tab at the bottom which says Skaters & Goalies so if you click on it you'll see our 4 deep system of goaltenders. I separated them because it made it easier for me. I found Vuorio playing for Jukurit of the Mikkeli League (its not up to the level of SM-Liga) but there's been no stats for him that I could find.

jacksheit 10-23-2003 02:12 PM

Quote:

Well I got the spreadsheet all done and watch on Friday, the Growl will have that prospect update thing too :dunno: But this way you get it a day early :rolly: In the near future, I'm going to try to build a database instead so its easier to update and it could be more sortable because right now its just alphabetical. I need to move my domain to something other than where its located but for now, its something & doesn't cost me too much. Enjoy guys!

PS: oh by the way, if anyone is interested, I do have a login for central scouting and the preliminary rankings will be out in November. I'll figure out a way to allow us all to see those when they're out.

why dont u be the editor for the florida panthers site on hockeysfuture.com?????
then need sumone, florida is like the only team with out representation

Coolburn 10-23-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksheit
why dont u be the editor for the florida panthers site on hockeysfuture.com?????
then need sumone, florida is like the only team with out representation

I appreciate the vote of confidence because whoever takes over as editor of the Panthers has some very big shoes to fill. I've thought about it, talked to Mark, & discussed a sharing of writing with another poster on here. We both felt we wouldn't have enough time by ourselves and wanted to split up the duties. But I'm a software developer in the middle of a huge project for a very big national client (put it this way, you see an advertisement for them in every sunday paper) and I've been extremely busy lately. Hopefully, once its complete (the client expects it by Nov 3rd), I'll have more time. But since its due in just over a week, I'll be working crazy hours and weekends (I'll most likely miss the games this weekend). After the 3rd, I'll talk with that other poster (not sure if they would want to be identified at this point) and see what they want to do.

Coolburn 10-23-2003 03:24 PM

Oh by the way, those that haven't seen it the HF org rankings are out & we're #4 on the list. If you wanna read it yourself, here's the link:

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

Thewbacca 10-23-2003 04:46 PM

I think John Hecimovic was a great draft pick. So far in the OHL this year he has 5 goals, 5 assists in 11 games this season. At 6'2" 217ibs.? he is a nice powerforward. He and Stewart are going to add alot of strength to the RW.

Coolburn 10-23-2003 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thewselius
I think John Hecimovic was a great draft pick. So far in the OHL this year he has 5 goals, 5 assists in 11 games this season. At 6'2" 217ibs.? he is a nice powerforward. He and Stewart are going to add alot of strength to the RW.

Wanna talk about great draft picks...look at Dany Roussin from Rimouski of the Q. The kid is 5th in scoring in the Q!!! Yes he's playing on Crosby's LW so his numbers may be inflated but he's taking advantage of that. He was drafted in the 7th round.

Another player that I like is Lojek...he's more of a defensive d-man and is a top pairing guy for Brampton in his first season in the OHL.

And if its not apparent by now, I'm a HUGE fan of Globke who's on pace for a goal per game average for his senior yr. And another RW who has size, looks like we have a lot of options on the right side to consider for the future.

#edit# actually I was wrong about Roussin...he's not playing on a line with Crosby from what I've read...he's playing with Pouliot, who was drafted in the 1st round this past yr by Edm. So maybe his stats aren't as inflated as I originally thought.

jacksheit 10-23-2003 06:23 PM

RichPanther
I really think u should take the editor job
even if u only put in a lil time, just to atleast give the players rankings etc.

Coolburn 10-24-2003 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksheit
RichPanther
I really think u should take the editor job
even if u only put in a lil time, just to atleast give the players rankings etc.

Like I said, maybe after the 3rd of November I'll have the time and then talk it over with the other person. If you want me to just give the players rankings, I have already done a preliminary ranking without much thought into it while I was looking at the spreadsheet yesterday. I didn't get a chance to update all the stats from yesterday so I'll post the new version sometime this weekend when I have a few mins.

Coolburn 10-24-2003 03:10 PM

Updated Prospect Stats

I re-organized the spreadsheet and found Nilson's brother playing for the Laredo Bucks of the CHL so I added his stats on there too. I separated all the different positions with different tabs at the bottom. I did my best to find stats for players but its very difficult unless you speak 9 languages. And with the request of jack, I also put some preliminary rankings which are just my opinion only but goes along with HF's standards (even though some of our minor leagurers aren't considered prospects by HF). I'll link those standards and the new prospect stats for everyone to see.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/playerprojections.php

#edit# holy crap, Hecimovic had a great nite with 2g 1a (one of those goals was on the PP) and was the 1st star of the nite...looking more and more like an amazing steal by Dudley :handclap: And Roussin has another solid nite with 1g 2a...let's see if he can keep it up and maybe he's another steal too :bow:

Coolburn 10-26-2003 04:06 AM

Updated from yesterday's games...I gotta luv Weiss leading the Rampage in scoring :handclap:

Coolburn 10-27-2003 03:22 AM

Updated again with the OHL & WHL games from yesterday. Gotta say it looks impressive that Hecimovic has 8g in 13 games (4 of which were on the PP).

The good part of tracking our prospects is I can get some info on potential draft picks...one to remember is Wojtek Wolski who plays for Brampton of the OHL, 6'2" 190lbs LW and should be a top 10 (possibly top 5) pick.