HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trade proposal MTL-MIN (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21663)

Zeddy 10-21-2003 04:23 PM

Trade proposal MTL-MIN
 
Would you guys trade Koivu and a 1st rnd pick for Gaborik and dupuis?

MontrealSF 10-21-2003 04:24 PM

We would.. Minnesota and the rest of the league would laugh at us...

oli500 10-21-2003 04:29 PM

Gaborik would look good in mtl thow.

Frenzy 10-21-2003 04:34 PM

Any offer for Gaborik should start with Koivu, Komo/Hainsey + 1st... and maybe add more...

Marmax 10-21-2003 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddy
Would you guys trade Koivu and a 1st rnd pick for Gaborik and dupuis?

Is it some kind of a joke??

KOMO_ROCKS 10-21-2003 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddy
Would you guys trade Koivu and a 1st rnd pick for Gaborik and dupuis?

HELL YEAH, i would do that from Montreal's standpoint....Koivu is a great guy and all, but no way Gainey would pass up on this deal....

On the other hand, the Wild would never do this deal....and i mean never

To even get the attention of Riesborough and the Wild, the habs would have to begin with Koivu, Komisarek/Hainsey, Ward/Hossa and a second rounder in 2004 draft

championhabs 10-21-2003 11:07 PM

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. I know Saku is the heart of this team but Gaborik would improve our club right now and many years down the road. With a contract at 6 mill I'd still do it. Guess what though Minny would never do it.

mcphee 10-22-2003 03:45 AM

Gaborik is a franchise player who doesn't have contract leverage. I suspect that if Risebrough called Gainey and asked if he could pick any 2 players from our organization, Gainey would accept gladly. We haven't had a gamebreaker like Gaborik in Mtl. in a long time. He won't be moved though.

Blackshad 10-22-2003 04:13 AM

Gaborik worth Koivu and a 1st
Dupuis + 2 round worth Koivu.

417 10-22-2003 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
Gaborik worth Koivu and a 1st
Dupuis + 2 round worth Koivu.

Dupuis + a 2nd rounder for Koivu? our #1 center? for a guy who's had 1 decent season in the NHL, this is our captain were talking about...

blueberry 10-22-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeddy
Would you guys trade Koivu and a 1st rnd pick for Gaborik and dupuis?

I'd do that deal in a flash!!

Munchausen 10-22-2003 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueberry
I'd do that deal in a flash!!

Who wouldn't? I'd also do Bulis for Bertuzzi, Ward for Iginla and Sundstrom for Tuomo Ruutu. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen, at least not when I'm awake. ;)

HABitude 10-22-2003 06:44 AM

Just to make it clear: Gaborik is in the same level as Healtley and Kovalchuk.
A concession player. A future high class player like Selane, Kariya, Yserman, Fedorov, etc.
Gaborik has more upside than Spezza, Zerdev, Stall, Horton.
Dupuis is like another Briere or St-Louis at the best. One good NHL season and a big question mark for the future.

The big part of this proposal is Gaborik. Sorry guys, I would trade Koivu and whatever pick or young player to acquire Gaborik.

So this trade proposal looks like a joke.

Y2CARE 10-22-2003 10:40 AM

Koivu is too small, always on the injury list and had is best season last year with 71 points.. so why Minnesota would like to give Gaborik for Koivu? I think we have more chance with Iginla in Calgary. Guys like Hainsey, Hossa or Garon could interested the Flames. Any suggestion?

Munchausen 10-22-2003 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2CARE
Koivu is too small, always on the injury list and had is best season last year with 71 points.. so why Minnesota would like to give Gaborik for Koivu? I think we have more chance with Iginla in Calgary. Guys like Hainsey, Hossa or Garon could interested the Flames. Any suggestion?

Iginla just became the Flames' new captain. I doubt they plan on moving him any time soon.

MVP 10-22-2003 12:58 PM

:dunno: :dunno: at this proposal

KOMO_ROCKS 10-22-2003 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVP
:dunno: :dunno: at this proposal

this proposal is nothing but wishful thinking by the poster....wont happen, no chance

HABitude 10-22-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Iginla just became the Flames' new captain. I doubt they plan on moving him any time soon.

Iginla is a first class player.
And I consider Gaborik even better than Iginla. (or more upside than Iginla)
... just to tell how wishful the starting proposal was.

Blackshad 10-22-2003 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABitude
Just to make it clear: Gaborik is in the same level as Healtley and Kovalchuk.
A concession player. A future high class player like Selane, Kariya, Yserman, Fedorov, etc.
Gaborik has more upside than Spezza, Zerdev, Stall, Horton.
Dupuis is like another Briere or St-Louis at the best. One good NHL season and a big question mark for the future.

The big part of this proposal is Gaborik. Sorry guys, I would trade Koivu and whatever pick or young player to acquire Gaborik.

So this trade proposal looks like a joke.

Hahaha, Dupuis a briere?? He is very physical!!!. Its about a power foward we are talking about with 48 points last season. And he is only 24!

KOMO_ROCKS 10-22-2003 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackshad
Hahaha, Dupuis a briere?? He is very physical!!!. Its about a power foward we are talking about with 48 points last season. And he is only 24!

Yeah, Dupuis is kind of underrated if you ask me

Guriken 10-22-2003 03:13 PM

This deal would be a risky one... Koivu + 1st round is a lot, considering the first rounder can be a future Gaborik or Koivu... And i don't think we need Dupuis...

We are playing well right now and we are winning.

And i'm not sure minnesota would do this move, Koivu got injured several times.. And the team is winning right now so our first round choice "could" be a late one.

Howie Morenz 10-22-2003 03:29 PM

...........and aaawwwwaaayyyyyyy we go. :dunno:

CHareth 10-22-2003 04:33 PM

Assuming Gaborik and Dupuis actually agree to sign up and play with the Canadiens, this could easily be the worst trade by Risebrough since his Leeman/Gilmour deal.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.