HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Skoula, Daley or Robidas? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=216760)

Ajacied 01-29-2006 10:30 AM

Skoula, Daley or Robidas?

Who's our best defenseman after the obvious #1 and #2 in Zubov and Boucher?

I left out Niinimaa as we haven't seen much of him yet, and also left out Jon Klemm (who I'd probably rate third) as his game is nothing like these 3. But if you had to chose just one defenseman out of the 3 simular ones mentioned in the title, who would it be? How would you rank them?

Candidates are:

Martin Skoula: A pleasant surprise in Dallas. He's a consistant force, a lot better defensively than advertised and he's contributing just fine offensively in limited oppertunities. Definitely not the turnover machine we expected him to be.

Statistics:

51 games: 3 goals - 9 assists for 12 points and a +7.
53 hits and 30 blocked shots.
18.47 minutes per game

Trevor Daley: Only 5'10 but he just keeps on going. He's made tremendous strides defensively, having become a constant and valueble presence on the PK. Best skater we have on the team not named Modano, his offense will come.

50 games: 2 goals - 10 assists for 12 points and a +1.
26 hits and 78 blocked shots.
19.16 minutes per game

Stephane Robidas: The smallest defender on the team, yet he leads all Stars defensemen in hits. Robidas is a reliable two-way defender who always seems to do a more than solid job. Hits alot, has a great set of wheels and can be used on the PK or on the PP just like Trevor Daley, and to a lesser extend Martin Skoula can.

50 games: 3 goals - 8 assists for 11 points and a +12.
128 hits and 48 blocked shots.
16.26 minutes per game

Starsdude 01-29-2006 12:10 PM

Daley and Skoula were both very good yesterday vs Detroit. Daley's ability to PK has caught everybody by suprise. Skoula supposibly had a puck poise issue but now makes the simple play quite easily. I really do not care about offense from any of them. If we need offense Boucher and Zubov can play 25+ minutes each. Nimnimaa looks to be an expensive 7 d-man for now but I think all these guys and Klemm will sit some down the stretch.

The Frugal Gourmet 01-29-2006 01:34 PM

I'd have to agree with Tippett on this one. The #3 guy is Daley. And #4 is Klemm.

Ruutu15 01-29-2006 07:00 PM

My first answer is always "Not Niinimaa"
However that has nothing to do with anything,
I'll go with Daley.

starshockeyfan56 01-30-2006 12:40 AM

Robidas. He has shown time and time again that he is a VERY smart, and good defenseman.

Though, I think in a season or two, its easily Daley.

Azdinator 01-30-2006 06:49 AM

It's hard to choose because everyone has their own kind of play, but my vote goes to Robidas, he's such a underrated player, he don't have so big stats with goals and assists for exemple but as Ott=Snott mentioned that's not a surprise that he's 1st in hits.

Walzy 01-30-2006 06:09 PM

Daley by about 100 miles