HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Remember "Pronger to Kings a Done Deal"? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=216946)

Venom_17 01-29-2006 09:33 PM

Remember "Pronger to Kings a Done Deal"?

Sigh. How I wish that went through. He just scored the tying goal against Phoenix with 0.3 seconds remaining in regulation.

He is exactly what we need. Sure it would cost us a lot, but he is one of the guys in the NHL I would trade Frolov for. A dominant, 6-6 defenceman who is a former league MVP and Norris winner who is still at the top of his game.

Brad Tolliver 01-29-2006 09:47 PM

Maybe it was Sean Pronger.

Reaper45 01-29-2006 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
Sigh. How I wish that went through. He just scored the tying goal against Phoenix with 0.3 seconds remaining in regulation.

He is exactly what we need. Sure it would cost us a lot, but he is one of the guys in the NHL I would trade Frolov for. A dominant, 6-6 defenceman who is a former league MVP and Norris winner who is still at the top of his game.

He didn't get traded for anything close to Frolov, so why would you trade him? I'm glad you aren't DT.

Venom_17 01-29-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
He didn't get traded for anything close to Frolov, so why would you trade him? I'm glad you aren't DT.

Brewer, Woywitka and Lynch are a nice backend for years to come. Besides I said I would trade Frolov for him...I never said we would have had to.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 01-29-2006 11:01 PM

Lilja and Bednar...take it or leave it

TubbyTerrion* 01-29-2006 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venom_17
Brewer, Woywitka and Lynch are a nice backend for years to come.

Funny you mention that. I was just thinking about how Woywitka was turning into a huge bust after having gone through both the Philly and Edmonton organ-eye-zations and playing those 10 pointless games with the Blues before settling in on a VERY mediocre season in Peoria. Then I decided to look up Lynch, who got demoted to Alaska in the ECHL after spending most of the season stinking up Peoria's defense.

I'm not so sure it was a very successful deal for the Blues.

Venom_17 01-29-2006 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Funny you mention that. I was just thinking about how Woywitka was turning into a huge bust after having gone through both the Philly and Edmonton organ-eye-zations and playing those 10 pointless games with the Blues before settling in on a VERY mediocre season in Peoria. Then I decided to look up Lynch, who got demoted to Alaska in the ECHL after spending most of the season stinking up Peoria's defense.

I'm not so sure it was a very successful deal for the Blues.

Brewer is a number one defenceman and is still young...granted Lynch was more or less a throw-in. Woywitka may not be playing well, certainly he has his critics. But with defenceman you never know. Look at a guy like Keith Ballard, who was traded twice before he even played in the NHL and now is a stud.

And hindsight is 20-20, any prospect can bust and then people can look back and criticize the deal. The point is when the deal was made, the 3 dmen going to St.Louis were considered to be pretty good (maybe Lynch was average).