HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Dear Doug Risebrough... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=217169)

firstroundbust 01-30-2006 02:25 PM

Dear Doug Risebrough...

...just make a goddamn trade already, we are sick of the suspense.

that is all.

sincerely,

Fans of the Minnesota Wild

Wild Bill 01-30-2006 02:56 PM

Pretty soon we'll start to hear the "we don't make trades, just for the sake of making trades...", speil. I gaurentee Shooter will be all over a DR quote like this if nothing happens soon.

Maybe he wants to wait til someone gets hurt, so the decisions aren't so hard... :sarcasm:

rigger 01-30-2006 04:59 PM

I'll take Manny Fernandez and Gaborik off your hands for Markanen and Satios :sarcasm:

firstroundbust 01-30-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rigger
I'll take Manny Fernandez and Gaborik off your hands for Markanen and Satios :sarcasm:

sure.

and pass the dutchie on the left hand side cheech.

Damien 02-01-2006 10:59 PM

I don't think you want Riser making a trade. Trust me on this one.

thestonedkoala 02-01-2006 11:12 PM

Calgary days? Yeah, they frighten me too

Rubber Pucky 02-02-2006 04:23 PM

A trade of Roloson (or much less likely, Fernandez) would have probably been made already if Harding wasn't hurt. He should be OK within a couple of weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade during the Olympic break if Harding shows he's healthy.

I think it would be possible to get a good player from Tampa for a goalie, considering they have cap problems, and pretty much everyone is underachieving for them this year.

vitogor 02-03-2006 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubber Pucky
A trade of Roloson (or much less likely, Fernandez) would have probably been made already if Harding wasn't hurt. He should be OK within a couple of weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a trade during the Olympic break if Harding shows he's healthy.

I think it would be possible to get a good player from Tampa for a goalie, considering they have cap problems, and pretty much everyone is underachieving for them this year.

There will be a roster freeze during the Olympics, so any trades will have to wait until after the Games.

As for Tampa, I think getting Richards is more like a wet dream than a realistic possibility at this point, but Modin or Fedotenko are two of the guys I wouldn't mind seeing at all in a Wild uni. Tampa might not want to do anything after all, seems like their team is starting to wake up as of late, and goalies are playing pretty good as well.

Bookman 02-03-2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #16
There will be a roster freeze during the Olympics, so any trades will have to wait until after the Games.

As for Tampa, I think getting Richards is more like a wet dream than a realistic possibility at this point, but Modin or Fedotenko are two of the guys I wouldn't mind seeing at all in a Wild uni. Tampa might not want to do anything after all, seems like their team is starting to wake up as of late, and goalies are playing pretty good as well.

I noticed that last point as well. They've had a shutout or two of late.

ceber 02-03-2006 12:58 PM

What happened to that imminent deal??

DW 02-04-2006 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
What happened to that imminent deal??

should be any time now. ;) :p:

cyrisweb 02-04-2006 06:40 PM

Canucks want to pick up Mitchell
What do you guys need in a trade for a trade for this #3-#4 UFA Dman.

Wild Bill 02-05-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrisweb
Canucks want to pick up Mitchell
What do you guys need in a trade for a trade for this #3-#4 UFA Dman.

I have a feeling Willie isn't on the block anymore and will be retained. Gotta keep your heart and soul guys, even if they could get a nice return.

I can see how he'd be a perfect rental for the playoffs though...

cyrisweb 02-10-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet E. Sax
I have a feeling Willie isn't on the block anymore and will be retained. Gotta keep your heart and soul guys, even if they could get a nice return.

I can certainly understand why! He'd be a perfect pickup for every single playoff team out there right now.

Question is will Mitchell resign with the Wild? He is a UFA and I can certainly see him going holding out to sing with the perfect team.

Vancouver connection? He's from Vancouver, grew up cheering for the Canucks etc etc.. it was brought up recently he was on the radio saying he would love to play with the canucks one day. But we've heard that story several times before.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if Nonis targets Mitchell as a UFA in the offseason big time. We will most likely loose Jovanovski in the offseason and replacing him with Mitchell would be just fine with me.

Now I do agree though that the chances the Wild trade him is fairly low and to the Canucks even lower. He would cost an arm and a leg.

firstroundbust 02-11-2006 11:54 AM

after mitchell's stint at captain, I'd say he gets a long-term deal offer in the off-season, if not before...that's what he has wanted in the past, but never got.

The Wild are Willie's team now, whether he wears the C or not.

I think our defense would take a hit if we got rid of him.

Bookman 02-11-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
after mitchell's stint at captain, I'd say he gets a long-term deal offer in the off-season, if not before...that's what he has wanted in the past, but never got.

The Wild are Willie's team now, whether he wears the C or not.

I think our defense would take a hit if we got rid of him.

Yep. He's got the most backbone of anyone back there. The Wild's D would get a LOT softer if Mitchell leaves.

TubbyTerrion* 02-12-2006 05:21 AM

Quote:

Question is will Mitchell resign with the Wild? He is a UFA and I can certainly see him going holding out to sing with the perfect team.

If he sings country, I suppose he'd want to go to Nashville.

If his style is more laid back folk-rock, he should come to LA... surf's up!

If he's soulful, the Philly sound may do him well.

I just hope he's more adept with the stick and skates than the microphone :propeller

cyrisweb 02-22-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
If he sings country, I suppose he'd want to go to Nashville.

If his style is more laid back folk-rock, he should come to LA... surf's up!

If he's soulful, the Philly sound may do him well.

I just hope he's more adept with the stick and skates than the microphone :propeller

:( sorry for the horrible spelling :teach:

anyway sorry to bring this topic back up but with recent events I think it's still very much so relevant.

cyrisweb 02-22-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet E. Sax

Well once again.. if he's not put on the block this year what's the chances of him resigning next year? are you confident that he will? of course you guys won't know... but managment will. and I think they will make up their minds depending on that info.

On a side note. Mitchell was/is up in Vancouver during the Olympic break house shopping! He was interviewed in one of the papers in Van. His comments were - that he would like to get something done with the wild. but that if that didn't work out the Canucks would be his second choice. Now of course I understand that players say a lot of things to the media that don't mean jack squat!

also something to keep in mind.. IMO the price for a guy like Mitchell has just gone up as Vancouver has just lost both Ohlund and Salo in the Olympics.

TeamSeals 02-22-2006 05:33 PM

the Wild have to get him signed to a multi year deal ASAP. Losing him to the Canucks would be awful to say the least

ceber 02-22-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSeals
the Wild have to get him signed to a multi year deal ASAP. Losing him to the Canucks would be awful to say the least

Depends. ;)

Wild Bill 02-22-2006 11:52 PM

Quote:

Well once again.. if he's not put on the block this year what's the chances of him resigning next year? are you confident that he will? of course you guys won't know... but managment will. and I think they will make up their minds depending on that info.

On a side note. Mitchell was/is up in Vancouver during the Olympic break house shopping! He was interviewed in one of the papers in Van. His comments were - that he would like to get something done with the wild. but that if that didn't work out the Canucks would be his second choice. Now of course I understand that players say a lot of things to the media that don't mean jack squat!

also something to keep in mind.. IMO the price for a guy like Mitchell has just gone up as Vancouver has just lost both Ohlund and Salo in the Olympics.

I actually have faith in Wild management on this one. Willie is a Lemaire guy...a poor man's Scott Stevens. They seem to be going with the guys they like, regardless of offensive talent. Willie is one of those guys...gettin' all the dirty work done. I think he skated with a confidence we havn't seen since the '03 playoffs when he wore that "C" on his jersey. He has showed what he is capable of when given the opportunity...solid and gritty play.

He should also be relatively cheap if they don't wait til the last minute and let a bidding war happen. I guess we'll know if he's here long term or not if he is signed before free agency begins.

As far as being traded there, I'd say it's still a possibility, but more like an improbability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
Depends

If he signs in the offseason with Vancouver, that's what I'll need to wear everytime they match up... :D

TeamSeals 02-23-2006 09:11 AM

Anyone think we should go hard after Chara this offseason? He is a bonafide number 1 defenseman and will make our d corps that much better from front to back. We could bring him in, Willie and Kuba back then start unloading the inconsistant players like Zyuzin, Tjarnqvist, and Henry.

firstroundbust 02-23-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamSeals
Anyone think we should go hard after Chara this offseason? He is a bonafide number 1 defenseman and will make our d corps that much better from front to back. We could bring him in, Willie and Kuba back then start unloading the inconsistant players like Zyuzin, Tjarnqvist, and Henry.

I dont think Risebrough would join in a bidding war...Chara is gonna get alot of money

TeamSeals 02-23-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
I dont think Risebrough would join in a bidding war...Chara is gonna get alot of money

He did promise us a big signing this summer, right? Chara would make our D corps one of the tops in the league and with our young guys getting good experience in Houston they can step up next year to provide more O