HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Perspective (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21860)

Devo-2 10-22-2003 12:15 PM

Perspective

I recently spotted these posts on the message board...

Quote:

Coaching = lame
Quote:

Defence is absolutely brutal. ...none of them looked good. Just sick.
Quote:

...played lazy, sloppy hockey. Coasting to the corners, getting beat to loose pucks, bad passes, and no hint of anyone out there playing their position properly.
Quote:

he just seems unable to motivate his players or implement a puck possession system that utilizes the SPEED he has at his disposal. Instead we're seeing a team that dumps the puck and then doesn't forecheck. A team that stays on the perimeter on the power play and won't get dirty in front of the net. EVER. A defense that is playing prissy, no-contact hockey.
Quote:

Don't give me any BS that it's early. I am SICK and TIRED of these weak starts. There is no excuse.
Quote:

Inexcusable!
Quote:

It just seems like confusion out there. Like they have no idea whats going on. No system.
Quote:

It's mostly the coaching staffs fault. It's their responsibility to get these guys motivated and ready to play. They look like ***** out there.
Quote:

Unable to motivate his players, constantly mixing lineups hoping to find some twinkle of light...questionable line combos
Quote:

Poor, ill advised passes, huge gap between Fowards and D, lackluster power play, and more crapy penalty killing which we were lucky didn't bun us again.
Quote:

I totally agree , I'm so sick of this bull ***** .
The funny part was that these were all in a thread from the Colorado Avalanche message board.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=21709

I am not saying we should not be *****ing, as this team has looked absolutely awful, but we are certainly not the only fans who are exasperated over such weak early season play.

look at it this way, we are currently tied for the last playoff spot in the East. :rolleyes:

eSabre 10-22-2003 03:30 PM

Nice work, Devo... have any of you noticed that I have made very few, if any, posts critical of this team? Want to know why? Until they are playing like this mid-next month, I'm not panicking. They're six games into the season, two games under .500. Yeah, they've played like s***. Yeah, they are pathetic. Yeah, they probably won't make the playoffs, but I refuse to give up on this team until they are mathematically eliminated.

CelticSabre 10-22-2003 04:06 PM

I thinks its so funny how so many people here think they are hard core Sabres fans but as soon as they loose one game all you here is......crap goaltending!!!...Fire the Coach!!!...We dont have Defense....Wheres all the scoring???

I agree with you ESabre.. Im not giving up on Buffalo untill there is NO WAY POSSIBLE of them making it in.

Look at Detroit losing games to Pittsburgh and Montreal...Colorodo is 2-3

Come on people we lost to Vancouver in Van City after they where on a three game winless streak, We lost to Philly in Philly for their home opener....

I am not goin to make excuses for the islanders game or the oilers game but N.Y is first in the east right now and that game was after they got spanked by Wahsington and were just hungrier for the win...Edmonton also an away game and untill the third period i thought we looked pretty good....

Things will start to come together soon..Lets Go Sabres!!!!

cybresabre 10-22-2003 04:18 PM

uh, if we're mathematically eliminated, doesn't that mean there is NO WAY POSSIBLE of making it in?

Prospect Prophet 10-22-2003 04:21 PM

I don't think questioning how a team has played means there not diehard fans. If there playing liek crap then there playing like crap. These are just opinions and or facts about the current Buffalo Sabres team. I am not giving up on this team but they better wake the hell up or it will be another long season for the team as well as the fans.

CelticSabre 10-22-2003 04:25 PM

Im not trying to say some people arent fans but there is a difference in questioning play and some of the things ive been reading

JOHNBOY 10-22-2003 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillerTime
Im not trying to say some people arent fans but there is a difference in questioning play and some of the things ive been reading

I agree, we are only like six game into the season, that is not enough time to say how this team will end up at the end of the season. Although I do see some flaws in the team.

billsandsabres 10-22-2003 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre15
Nice work, Devo... have any of you noticed that I have made very few, if any, posts critical of this team? Want to know why? Until they are playing like this mid-next month, I'm not panicking. They're six games into the season, two games under .500. Yeah, they've played like s***. Yeah, they are pathetic. Yeah, they probably won't make the playoffs, but I refuse to give up on this team until they are mathematically eliminated.

amen

Rob Paxon 10-22-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTL
Pretty amusing coming from a guy whose avatar wants the Sabres to get the 1st overall pick next year. :teach:

It could just be cynical humor.

Takeo 10-23-2003 04:49 AM

Quote:

I thinks its so funny how so many people here think they are hard core Sabres fans but as soon as they loose one game all you here is......crap goaltending!!!...Fire the Coach!!!...We dont have Defense....Wheres all the scoring???

Fans have every right to criticize. Criticism = frustration = passion for the team. Criticism doesn't always correlate with bandwagoning as you imply.

Quote:

Look at Detroit losing games to Pittsburgh and Montreal...Colorodo is 2-3

Are you really comparing the Sabres to the Wings and Avs?? Those teams have superior talent that can easily overcome a slow start. The Sabres don't have that luxury and need to put out 100% effort each and every night. Considering that will never happen, dropping too many games early will leave them only flirting with .500 all year and ending up on the outside looking in.

Quote:

Come on people we lost to Vancouver in Van City after they where on a three game winless streak, We lost to Philly in Philly for their home opener....

The fact that we're losing isn't as important as how we're losing. 8 goals scored in 6 games, 21 goals allowed in 6 games, not to mention no passion or attention to the system. If the team was competing with heart and intensity and coming up on the short end of close games, that would be a whole different story. This garbage is unacceptable.

CelticSabre 10-23-2003 05:36 AM

I totally agree with you that we give up a lead and then its like the players never get into it....Im not trying to compare us with the redwings and avs skill wise I just meant that if we are around the same record as them we arent doin that terrible

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-23-2003 06:22 AM

Great post.

djhn579 10-23-2003 08:04 AM

Quote:

I totally agree with you that we give up a lead and then its like the players never get into it....Im not trying to compare us with the redwings and avs skill wise I just meant that if we are around the same record as them we arent doin that terrible

Unfortunately, this early in the season everyone is fairly close. But when you play as bad as the Sabres have been, we are doing that terrible. When we have won, it wasn't because we totally dominated the opposition, we got a lead an managed to hold on (barely against Dallas). In half the games we have lost, we were totally dominated. That is terrible and is not a very good sign.