HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Trade Gagne while his value is still high (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=219372)

Fuman* 02-05-2006 03:23 PM

Trade Gagne while his value is still high
 
Guy can't hit the freakin net.........constantly uses the same 1 on 1 move against a goalie which always works

can't beat a dman 1 on 1 constantly is coasting

most of his goals are because of Forsberg

I'd trade him straight up this year plus Esche for Luongo

sansan 02-05-2006 03:25 PM

Can Luongo beat guys 1 on 1? That's pretty impressive for a goalie.

kingjdv 02-05-2006 03:30 PM

Just what this section of the boards needs...

another poster with no hockey sense

GoneFullHextall 02-05-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
Guy can't hit the freakin net.........constantly uses the same 1 on 1 move against a goalie which always works

can't beat a dman 1 on 1 constantly is coasting

most of his goals are because of Forsberg

I'd trade him straight up this year plus Esche for Luongo

do you even watch hockey? go back and wait for the Phills pitchers amd catchers to report.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 03:31 PM

laff i've watched since 87

what has Gagne done this year with no forsberg?

Vikke 02-05-2006 03:35 PM

That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Rscorpio 02-05-2006 03:36 PM

Yeah trade Gangné to the Canadiens :D

capn89* 02-05-2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingjdv
Just what this section of the boards needs...

another poster with no hockey sense

Just what this section of the boards needs...

another poster with no ability to argue someone with a basis besides "I said it so it's true."

Try making points to defend your opinion rather than saying anyone who has a different opinion has "no hockey sense."

I'm not on the trade Gagne bandwagon, but I can level with people who might be on it.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 03:40 PM

lol
 
how is it stupid? please make your argument.........only reason why Gagne is this good this season is Forsberg gift wrapped all of the goals for him

His past season stats

24 21 45 12 29 6 0 6 2 211 11.4
2002-2003 Flyers 46 9 18 27 20 16 1 1 3 1 115 7.8
2001-2002 Flyers 79 33 33 66 31 32 4 1 7 0 199 16.6
2000-2001 Flyers 69 27 32 59 24 18 6 0 7 1 191 14.1
1999-2000 Flyers 80 20 28 48 11 22 8 1 4 0 159 12.6

about 30 goal a season

really that dominant of a player? no he's just a better Justin Williams

I don't ****ing care he has to step up and hasn't especially this season he's all but disappeared

doesn't want captain c doesn't feel it's right LOL?

last night Rangers game had 2x chance to blow by defenseman coasted against boards and tryied to stickhandle through middle of the ice

im not thrilled at all with him

sansan 02-05-2006 03:44 PM

I can see why you're frustrated with gagne. But how is trading for luongo going to help our offense? Is he going to score goals for us? If you traded him for another forward who can score more goals without forsberg that would make more sense.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 03:46 PM

Primeau not coming back this season I'd use his money to get another skilled forward try to get Olli Jokinen

Luongo starting goalie

Nitti backup

Vikke 02-05-2006 04:00 PM

Everyone can go into a slump.
Obviously, the entire team is in one now. Can't blame Gags for it.

Viberg 02-05-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
doesn't want captain c doesn't feel it's right LOL?

Neither did Ed Van Impe, and he's one of the greatest in Flyers history...

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:04 PM

so you think Gagne is going to be an all time great then? :biglaugh:

budscweizer16 02-05-2006 04:05 PM

Gagne dies not have good one on one moves, does coast alot, not the best accuracy, but whoever created this thread must be off there meds. He hasnt done bad w/o Forsberg. Ohh yea also Whats Hejduk doin this year, how about Tanguay. Nothing at all. Forsberg makes any1 he plays with better, but Gagne is still a good player.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:10 PM

laff
 
really how stupid is it? give me some evidence to say how Gagne is the next Lemieux

RoDu 02-05-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
really how stupid is it? give me some evidence to say how Gagne is the next Lemieux

No one has ever claimed he'll be that

Roger's Pancreas* 02-05-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
really how stupid is it? give me some evidence to say how Gagne is the next Lemieux

Give me some evidence where I said that. He's the longest tenure Flyer at this point, he's cheap, he's a great two way forward, he's shown up in the playoffs, and he's carrying our offense while some key players are out. What makes this even more ridiculous is that you said he should be traded for Olli Jokinen! He's a center for christ's sake!!!

If you said that we should fire our trainer I'd be on ship. Atleast point your finger in the right direction.

Ronnie Bass 02-05-2006 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
really how stupid is it? give me some evidence to say how Gagne is the next Lemieux

The next Lemieux?? Who ever said he was? And I would never trade anyone because they were not, especially a player as talented as Gagne.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Give me some evidence where I said that. He's the longest tenure Flyer at this point, he's cheap, he's a great two way forward, he's shown up in the playoffs, and he's carrying our offense while some key players are out. What makes this even more ridiculous is that you said he should be traded for Olli Jokinen! He's a center for christ's sake!!!

If you said that we should fire our trainer I'd be on ship. Atleast point your finger in the right direction.

laff first off Therien is the longest tenured Flyer at this point

oh and hey's carrying our offense? excuse me? what did gagne do last night and today against the Rangers and Montreal....
and Jokinen is one point off of Gagne's highest point season

Oh yeah I forgot.....Gagne carried this inspired team to score a hattrick my bad

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou is God
The next Lemieux?? Who ever said he was? And I would never trade anyone because they were not, especially a player as talented as Gagne.

ok let's see if he carries us to the cup this season like he did in 04.......when Primeau had NOTHING to do with actually scoring goals........

Rails 02-05-2006 04:24 PM

**** it all, the season is over is basically what this thread is about.

Get real. Once we get to the break it'll be all good

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rails
**** it all, the season is over is basically what this thread is about.

Get real. Once we get to the break it'll be all good

sure. sorry this team playing like crap very annoying

RoDu 02-05-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuman
laff first off Therien is the longest tenured Flyer at this point

LAFF
Whatever you're smoking please share with rest of the class. Therien was traded to Dallas the last NHL season, and resigned in the last offseason.

Fuman* 02-05-2006 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
LAFF
Whatever you're smoking please share with rest of the class. Therien was traded to Dallas the last NHL season, and resigned in the last offseason.

so he's still played for the Flyers the longest doesn't matter if he was tradeed

by the way *** does being the longest tenured player have to do with gagne being such a great player anyway

oh yeah shut out yet again this game against Montreal.........yeah such a great player.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.