HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   'Future Kings' rated #1 in NHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21944)

Peter James Bond 10-22-2003 03:23 PM

'Future Kings' rated #1 in NHL

http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

it lists the top 10 King prospects. It was probably written a few weeks ago, as it says that: "Gleason will need some AHL seasoning"

1 player who didn't even make the top 10 list of King prospects, Sergei Anshakov, may end up being the best of the bunch.

Old Hickory 10-22-2003 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter James Bond
http://www.foxsports.com/content/view?contentId=1775600

it lists the top 10 King prospects. It was probably written a few weeks ago, as it says that: "Gleason will need some AHL seasoning"

1 player who didn't even make the top 10 list of King prospects, Sergei Anshakov, may end up being the best of the bunch.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

David A. Rainer 10-22-2003 03:58 PM

Their top 10 Kings' prospects are almost identical to HF's. And the name of the article is "Hockey's Future". Kind of makes you go hmmmmmmmm.

And some of the blurbs on the players are almost word for word from the profiles I wrote on them. I've been completely ripped!

cool.

jfont 10-22-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
Their top 10 Kings' prospects are almost identical to HF's. And the name of the article is "Hockey's Future". Kind of makes you go hmmmmmmmm.

And some of the blurbs on the players are almost word for word from the profiles I wrote on them. I've been completely ripped!

cool.

know a good lawyer?

:joker:

David A. Rainer 10-22-2003 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
know a good lawyer?

:joker:

I guess HF is a content provider for foxsports.net and I just didn't know. It came as a surprise to me to see a profile that I wrote on their website. Totally cool!

KingPurpleDinosaur 10-22-2003 05:26 PM

if that's the case, how did they decide to do the organizational rankings?

ukyo 10-22-2003 05:26 PM

Actually, anyone else notice the little banner link to hockeysfuture.com (next to Montreal's prospect profiles)?

agentfouser 10-22-2003 08:28 PM

Quote:

I guess HF is a content provider for foxsports.net and I just didn't know. It came as a surprise to me to see a profile that I wrote on their website. Totally cool!

you must be pretty fair and balanced to make it on fox.

Legionnaire 10-23-2003 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukyo
Actually, anyone else notice the little banner link to hockeys future.com (next to Montreal's prospect profiles)?

Did it take you that, or was the headline of Hockey's Future not enough?

IGM 10-23-2003 06:53 AM

Congradulatiuons DFA! You are a proffesional journalist now having written an article that appeared in a major publication with a cirulation of millions. You should absolutely list that on your resume and I would contact Fox Sports and ask them to send you a credit in lieu of payment. Not that it probably matters to your current career but you DID write the profiles and they DID use them without your permission so they could at least give you some credit. Heck, you can put it in your scrap book to hand down to your kids or grandkids.

Cool stuff! The first time I was "barrowed from" on something I had written (on the other site) I actually called the (I use the term loosely as I don't think of the L A Times as an actual paper of any substance) paper that did the barrowing and after an hour of being passed around I got the guy who wrote the article. He told me that it was public domain and was very standoffish at first, I told him all I wanted was some credit for having written the article for him (verbatum with the exception of him adding a tag line at the beggining and end of it) and he did just that. It sits in my scrap book and of course, I did put free lance sports journalist on my resume (even clipped a copy of the article and the letter from the "eh hem, thief who barrowed my stuff. It was a fun interview ice breaker.

David A. Rainer 10-23-2003 09:01 AM

Lol!

I guess there is an agreement between foxsports.com and HF where HF provides them with research/info. So if you see an article about hockey prospects on foxsports.com, then it probably was written for HF first. I have no problem with it, I was just surprised to see it.

I didn't write every comment for the Kings' prospects - just for Kanko and Rome. When I read it on the foxsports article, I was like: hey, that sounds exactly like something I wrote. The others were either written by TC or were cut-and-paste jobs from CSS or russianprospects.com.

IGM 10-23-2003 10:40 AM

There is one other thing I wanted to say about this article. This is truly the first time in the 25 years that I have been a fan that we have been thought of as having one of the best systems in the game. I mean, in the mid 80's we had Carson, Luc, Wells Deusch, Nichols and a couple of others but nothing like this where we not only have several top level prospects that everyone is buzzing about as mentioned in the article but we also have several mid level guys to boot.

Steckle Anshankov (the best not mentioned in this article) Boyle Karlson Roome Rooneem Petiot Hogeboom to name a few would have been our top kids in years past. I guess I will get slammed by SOME around here but Kudos to DT and his scouting staff and to the memories of Ace and Mark. DT has done just what he said he would do. Help build a team that can compete for a long time. IF you look at the players mentioned and consider that we have Frolov, Corvo and a few other kids that are already up with the big club there is no possible way that you can say anything except congradulations to DT.

willie 10-23-2003 11:46 AM

Quote:

I didn't write every comment for the Kings' prospects - just for Kanko and Rome.

Good. I was about to ask you where the hell you got the idea that Aulin has "exceptional speed". :rolly: