HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Nashville @ Dallas, Game 55, 7 CST (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=219534)

Pred303 02-06-2006 06:48 AM

GDT: Nashville @ Dallas, Game 55, 7 CST

start of a big week for the preds...these 4 games heading into the break will be difficult to say the least..if we can come up with 4 points in these four games personally i would be satisfied...

see nichol placed on the IR, markov injured but probable for tonight and weber recalled...

found poile's outright public comment that "preds looking for a dman still" and any deal now would be "more painful" than the sillinger deal a little out there.. shows to me that some deal is definitely going to happen and not that we were simply thinking about a deal, or he wouldn't have gone that public with these statements... obviously witt remains his first choice, but the specific mention of carney and salei from anaheim had to have come out of poile's mouth too.... this 'physical d-man' will basically take suter's place down the stretch i'm guessing

...also see where the "plan" now calls for legwand to not be activated until feb 22, and to get 3 games in Milwaukee that last week before the break ends. this surprises me a little, would have thought they'd go about a week earlier around the 15th and give him 6 games down there..

need this one tonight, would make this week much more doable

barrytrotzsneck 02-06-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
start of a big week for the preds...these 4 games heading into the break will be difficult to say the least..if we can come up with 4 points in these four games personally i would be satisfied...

see nichol placed on the IR, markov injured but probable for tonight and weber recalled...

found poile's outright public comment that "preds looking for a dman still" and any deal now would be "more painful" than the sillinger deal a little out there.. shows to me that some deal is definitely going to happen and not that we were simply thinking about a deal, or he wouldn't have gone that public with these statements... obviously witt remains his first choice, but the specific mention of carney and salei from anaheim had to have come out of poile's mouth too.... this 'physical d-man' will basically take suter's place down the stretch i'm guessing

...also see where the "plan" now calls for legwand to not be activated until feb 22, and to get 3 games in Milwaukee that last week before the break ends. this surprises me a little, would have thought they'd go about a week earlier around the 15th and give him 6 games down there..

need this one tonight, would make this week much more doable

I'm with you on the four points, but I have us penciled in for a loss tonight, a loss in Detroit, and then a win vs Columbus(no longer a given) and a win vs Detroit at home.

Stevedude530 02-06-2006 11:36 AM

Reminder that this game is airing on OLN, you can catch the NHL On OLN Pregame Show at 7:30 PM prior to the telecast at 8 PM, which will likely feature Mike Emrick doing play-by-play, John Davidson with color commentary, and Chris Simpson reporting.

A little warning that the pregame show tends to be more League-Centric than Game-Centric. Usually, they do an interview with a player and that's it.

Enjoy.

jstreet 02-06-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevedude530
Reminder that this game is airing on OLN, you can catch the NHL On OLN Pregame Show at 7:30 PM prior to the telecast at 8 PM, which will likely feature Mike Emrick doing play-by-play, John Davidson with color commentary, and Chris Simpson reporting.

A little warning that the pregame show tends to be more League-Centric than Game-Centric. Usually, they do an interview with a player and that's it.

Enjoy.

I dont get OLN :( Why can't CI pick up an OLN game for me?!

David Singleton 02-06-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'm with you on the four points, but I have us penciled in for a loss tonight, a loss in Detroit, and then a win vs Columbus(no longer a given) and a win vs Detroit at home.

I have a feeling that Nashville wins tonight to split the season series. If they do, I like their chances to at least split the games with Detroit and maybe even earn 3 of those four points.

The guys have really been itching to play Detroit all year and are trying very hard to make the most of it.

David

jstreet 02-06-2006 04:01 PM

so is it safe to say that we see Mason tonight and a rested Vokoun for the Detroit games?

barrytrotzsneck 02-06-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnlikestars
so is it safe to say that we see Mason tonight and a rested Vokoun for the Detroit games?

I'd be very, very surprised to see Mase. He might see action on Saturday, but not before.

AdmiralPred 02-06-2006 07:23 PM

Listening to the game in WI at work. Sounds like a nice 1st period so far. 1 goal, 1 called back, and 1 fight. Hopefully OLN rebroadcasts the game later tonight so I can catch it.

muddycreek* 02-06-2006 07:47 PM

Dish Network no longer has OLN and NHL on regular TV is Wings TV. I'm left sucking when the preds games are broadcast nationally. Oh well, I'd rather hear Pete and Crispy anyhow!

Enoch 02-06-2006 07:56 PM

Beautiful first goal by Kariya. I cannot believe he got that in!

On the game: 50/50 period. First half of the period belonged to us, the second half belonged to the Stars. A lot of that was the shift of momentum after the 4on3 to 5on3 powerplay. Stars can just beat us in the corners with their big bodies...We have been a little to fancy so far, and it has probably cost us 2 or 3 solid scoring chance shots. The play that stood out to me was the Walker odd man rush where he threw it across the crease when he had plenty of ice to skate in and take the goalie 1 on 1. Still, I think we played pretty good offensively. If we can stay out of the box, we should have a very good chance to win this game.

Weber is getting progressively more physical as the period progressed. I have to say, I was surprised to see Weber get the callup. Does anyone know the reason why? Is Suter just getting a night off, or did we want some muscle in the lineup against the Morrow - Arnott - Guerin line?

On the penalty front: There were some very questionable penalties given to us early on, namely the Sullivan and Weber roughing penalties. If they are going to give Sully a roughing, it should have been an instigator on the Stars. In my opinion, Weber's penalty was just a missed call, as it was just a solid hit on Morrow. Hopefully this trend won't continue. Darcy's penalty, I'm undecided on. The announcers said it was a clear pick, so I'll go with that. Still, the puck was really close. At least the call was decisive...I will be keeping my eye on plays like that because I see a lot of things like that happen to a higher degree and go uncalled. Dallas is pretty good at it as well with all of their big guys. Walker took a bad penalty at the end of the period...I agree with the commentators in that he tried to sneak one by the official by one-handing the hook. You can still tell that he is a little slow out there. Still, no goals against us yet, and they have had some really good PP oppurtunities. A 4 on 3, two 5 on 3s....have to stone them at the start of the first! Vokoun has been terrific!

We need to take advantage of the Stars while we have the lead because they can't trap us as extensively. Granted, its a bit early in the game for the Stars to get extremely aggressive, so we will likely need to add another goal before we see some crazy action on Dallas's end.

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:02 PM

I just got back to a computer and I must say that I am pleasantly suprised to see us up by 1.

Was Scotty's scrap a good one? You knew he'd have a little fire in him after last game.

handtrick 02-06-2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

I just got back to a computer and I must say that I am pleasantly suprised to see us up by 1.

Was Scotty's scrap a good one? You knew he'd have a little fire in him after last game.

Two nice bombs on the button put Robidas down... :yo:

Enoch 02-06-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Yeah he killed Robidas.

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:15 PM

that's what I like to hear.

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:27 PM

hmm too many penalties, playing with fire.

AdmiralPred 02-06-2006 08:35 PM

Wow, what the heck, Vokoun's faced like 400 shots in the past 2 games and the Preds have won. So far this game is no exception.... whoops, forget it. 1-1 now. How much time has been spent at even strength tonight?

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:45 PM

ANOTHER penalty? are we trying to give the game away?

Enoch 02-06-2006 08:49 PM

This offciating is ridiculous. We are getting hit with a penalty when our guy is slashed, our guy is roughed, ...anything and everything we do is a penalty, and the Stars just get the entire period on the PP.

Hall gets knocked into the net and Turco, penalty on Nashville. Sullivan digs the puck out and gets mauled by four guys, penalty on Nashville. Markov gets his stick broken by a slash, penalty on Nashville. Ridiculous.

4 out of 6 of our power plays have been cut short due to penalties called on us...

hillbilly 02-06-2006 08:50 PM

alright. I'm all for the new rules, but the refs want to be the stars of this game. I don't want to see another fing whistle I really don't unless someone is injured I'd prefer let the hooking and holding go. I'm sick of watching PP practice in this game. The game had promise. good 5 on 5 flow some nice hits and solid scoring chances. This game is barely worth watching.

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:51 PM

nogoalnogoalnogoalnogoalnogoalnogoalnogoal....plea sepleasepleasepleaseplease...

DOH!

well what do you expect when you give a team 10 powerplays through 2 periods.

Basher 02-06-2006 08:52 PM

Yea, some piss poor officiating thus far. But we also deserved some of them. We can't let them have 20 minutes of PP time. 2-1 at the end of the 2nd, if we don't play smart we'll lose. If we stay out of the box, we can at least tie this one up. We are playing physical and getting some chances, but we'll see if we can stay out of the box long enough to have some time in the offensive zone.

jstreet 02-06-2006 08:55 PM

penalties

if this doesnt turn around Detroit is going to kill us.

jstreet 02-06-2006 09:17 PM

and that's the ballgame folks.

Enoch 02-06-2006 09:21 PM

Vokoun makes an idiot play and ends this game for us. Its sad because he was the only reason we were in it through the first two periods......then the backbreaker by Modano on a blind pass...beautiful goal, thats just about all you can say about that one.

Johnson has been absolutely dreadful tonight, and I don't think we know how to clear a puck...

The Officials handed the game to the Stars tonight....this is the most one-sided inconsistent officiating I have seen all year. And I hate to complain at the officiating but it was terrible...Maybe I am just too wound up...

biscuithead 02-06-2006 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Vokoun makes an idiot play and ends this game for us.

I lay the blame for that at Zidlicky's feet. Zids is coming toward TV, who leaves the puck for him and then Zidlicky turns the other way! Zidlicky takes a dumb penalty or makes a bone headed play almost every game.
:shakehead