HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rumor for St. Louis (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=219636)

ArchieIsGod 02-06-2006 12:16 PM

Rumor for St. Louis

i was on another message board and i saw people talking about this rumor...they sited the nhl sirius radio station as the source im just looking to see if anyone hear heard anything about this

esche, carter and some one else and picks to tampa bay for st. louis

seems pretty suspect

GoneFullHextall 02-06-2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArchieIsGod
i was on another message board and i saw people talking about this rumor...they sited the nhl sirius radio station as the source im just looking to see if anyone hear heard anything about this

esche, carter and some one else and picks to tampa bay for st. louis

seems pretty suspect

thats a friggin horrible deal for the Flyers. No way that happens at all.

flyguy 02-06-2006 12:21 PM

not gonna happen with a newly made rival... and then we would have no backup goalie.

pelts35.com 02-06-2006 12:28 PM

Esche isn't an upgrade to Grahame or Burke, so I don't think there is any way that Tampa would even consider it.

Flyguy, backup goalies are a dime a dozen. Even if this trade happened, they could deal for a backup for virtually nothing.

mercury 02-06-2006 12:55 PM

That's one of the crazier trade rumors I've heard in a while. Bad deal, too.

bennysflyers16 02-06-2006 12:58 PM

Doesn't St. Louis make like 5 mill ??????

Although he would add some speed and skill.

Gags-Foppa-St. louis

Foppa could get 200 assists.

Synthetic 02-06-2006 02:39 PM

Naw. He'd never stay healthy.

Roger's Pancreas* 02-06-2006 03:01 PM

Giving up Esche would leave us with Jamie Sotrr as a back up, last time that happened Hitch was animate about not using him. Everything about this trade is screwy except for trading a center for a winger, but why would Tampa want another center when they already have Vinny and Brad?

Out of all the Lightning St. Louis is the one I would like to have the most, but because of all things considered, the deal will most definately not happen.

Philly Flyer Fan* 02-06-2006 03:01 PM

Not in a million years would that happen. Way too much for St. Loius not to mention T-Bay would never deal with the Flyers these days.

Sorry

Ex Storm 02-06-2006 03:15 PM

I think that's too much for St Louis. We know it'd be a salary dump because they want to keep B. Richards, so why should we do them a favour by giving up our best goal-scoring prospect? St Louis does have a large contract, but people want Tkachuk and he's got a bigger contract so we can't really use that as an excuse. I think people really need to clue in that Carter will not be traded, yet.

I'm going to start going around the internet with different usernames spreading rumours that Crosby and Ovechkin are being traded. :biglaugh:

MountainHawk 02-06-2006 06:10 PM

What if the someone else was Brashear and Therien ... then is it still too much? ;-)

High Flyer 02-06-2006 07:06 PM

:biglaugh:

stanley 02-06-2006 11:41 PM

At $5.25M for five more seasons beyond this one, he's one heck of a financial investment. Plus, as someone pointed out, Esche doesn't really help their goaltending situation, only clogs it up.

Even if Clarke wanted to do this, he really couldn't even if it meant doing nothing but agreeing to pay St. Louis's salary. He'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul in that he'd crush his future financial flexibility.

goodrev 02-07-2006 12:22 AM

first off its a terrible trade, carter has huge upside, esche is a #1.. mostly, and any prospect we give up would be worth way too much, especially at his brand new pricey 5 mill a year tag

GKJ 02-07-2006 06:07 AM

no shot