HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ITs fun...our team comparisions in the future (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=21971)

habitants9_4 10-22-2003 04:52 PM

ITs fun...our team comparisions in the future

Our team in 3-4 years. (I know there will be a lot of trades, busts and picks, but please state who you think the player will be similar to! And the lines.

G
-Theodore-- Brodeur (fast, reliable, super star)

-Garon-- Dunham (Uses size well, reliable backup goalie, good when needed to be, potential challenger for Theodore)

D
-Markov-- Zubov (Really good 1.5 type guy, good on PP, good defensively, great puck carrier)

-Komisarek--Stevens (#1 guy, leader, hits like crazy, dominant defensive and PK force)

-Hainsey-- Niedermeyer (Good skater, with very good lateral movement, plays a two-way style #3 guy on both PP and PK)

-Souray-- Ohlund (Good wrist shot, defensively sound, only dif is that Souray will be a leader, and get more PIM's, and Ohlund is obviously a bit better at this stage)

-Archer-- Colin White (Stay-at-home type guy, who plays on the PK unit #1, uses size well)

-Rivet-- Lyle Odeline at 30 (Someone reliabletwo ways, plays well all round, and could step it up in playoff situations)

FWD's
-Kastytsin-- Guerin (Powerful and dominant force on the ice, bona fide scorer)

-Higgins-- Allison (Exellent speed, a solid two-way game, quick shot, with good puck handling skills)

-Perezhogin-- Kovalev (A goal scorer, high point getter)

-Hossa-- ??????

-Ribeiro-- Briere (A good playmaker, questionable skating, but gets his players the puck)

-Zednik-- HIMSELF (He is good now)

-Plekanec-- Sullivan

-Balej-- Bondra

-Koivu-- Captain/Leader moved to wing, because he's slowing down in production, the wing brought him back to a 60 point guy 20-goals and 40 assists

-Ryder-- Knuble

-Ward-- Scott Thorton

-Bulis-- Lethinen

Kastytsin Higgins Perezhogin
Hossa Ribeiro Zednik
Koivu Plekanec Balej
Ryder Bulis Ward

Hainsey Komisarek
Markov Rivet
Souray Archer

Theodore
Garon

I am obviously optimistic, and very bias on this one. Just big on the future! What do you think our players full potential are, please compare them to a player. Its always cool to see what type of player the see the guy as.

gted85 10-22-2003 05:11 PM

who can tell what will happen in 3-4 years?:dunno:don't get your hopes up, bad things happen...

ChemiseBleuHonnete 10-22-2003 05:55 PM

awful..........

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-22-2003 06:07 PM

It would be nice if this came true, but I think your giving our prospects to much credit, comparing them to the likes of Guerin, Zubov, Kovalev, Brodeur etc it`s too much. Maybe 1 or 2 of our prospects will reach somewhere close to what you said but there`s little chance of them all becoming stars/superstars in the league.

The future does look good for the Habs but just not that good. Continue to dream my friend :)

Mathieu Lavergne 10-22-2003 07:22 PM

Josť Theodore:

Brodeur is bigger, a better puckhandler and has been one of the most consistant goaltender of all-time. He has a shot at breaking some of Roy's NHL records. Theodore is not comparable to Brodeur, he has the talent to be a top goaltender and can steal games after games, that's a given but he isn't close to Brodeur. Theo is 27, you hardly find comparison at this age other than the player himself.

Mathieu Garon:

At best, I see him as a bigger version of Tommy Salo. Quick reflexes and sound positioning, the mental game is what kept Garon apart from the NHL level the last few years and Salo struggled lately having lacks of confidence. Garon has the potential to be a middle-pack starting goaltender like Tommy IMO.

Mike Komisarek:

Stevens is mean, one of the best captain of all time and his known for his famous open-ice hitting. I don't see the open-ice hitting from Komisarek and he will IMO never be as mean as Stevens is. Stevens is smaller (6-2 215) and is definitely a better skater than Komisarek. He was one of the best two-way rearguard in his prime, Komisarek will be a defensive force first. A smaller Zdeno Chara will always be the best comparison for Komisarek IMO. Chara fights occasionnaly and can deliver great hits along the board like Komisarek. He is not mean, take space in the locker room and can contribute offensively with his size, strenght & shot.

Ron Hainsey:

I think you severly under-rated Nieds, he is currently in the top-10 defenseman in the league and arguably the second best two-way rearguard behind Nicklas Lidstrom. Ron Hainsey has a lot to work on in the defensive zone, let alone being in Niedermayer's league. Darryl Sydor is the best comparison for Hainsey imo. Good in the defensive zone while racking up 40-50 points, a fixture on the first unit of the powerplay.

Sheldon Souray:

Sheldon Souray is Sheldon Souray, he is actually the same age as Ohlund. Souray's physical game is his main calling card and Ohlund tend to shy away from physical contact. He has more offensive skills than Sheldon will ever have if his career though he seemed to improve his overall skills offensively with his booming shot as his main weapon. Souray is mean physical defensive while Ohlund is a much more of a skill defenseman, not even close.

Andrew Archer: Archer has a lot to work on to be an NHLer, I don't think he can be more than a physical third pairing defenseman while Colin White's overall skill package is simply better imo. Archer is not a mean defenseman like White IMO but can drop the gloves. I like Acher's leadership and could be a player. I would compare him to Aaron Ward who'll drop them but certainly not a valuable defenseman like White.

Andrei Kastsitsyn:

Kastsitsyn is nowhere near a big powerforward he is a skilled player with an average frame. I often compare to Peter Bondra.

Chris Higgins:

Allison is 6-3 215 and is an elite playmaker while Higgins is 5-11 198 pounds with a lethal wrist and a quick release, nuff' said. I think Chris Drury with more defense and grit is a good comparison for Higgins in his prime.

Alex Perezhogin:

First line potential but most likely above-average 2nd liner. I think he will be a poor's man Mogilny offensively while having the same defensive skills Mogilny developed the last few year.

Marcel Hossa:

He plays a similar style to Glen Murray but will never score 40 goals maybe 30-35, at best.

Mike Ribeiro:

I like comparing Ribeiro to Nylander. Tremendous playmaker but streaky/inconsistant, both have slight frame as well. I think Ribeiro could score 60-65 regularly in the league if he reaches his ceilling. Mike is developing a defensive conscience which is good and Nylander is decent defensively.

Tomas Plekanec:

Sullivan with more strenght, HF's comparison is bang on.

Jozef Balej:

Valeri Bure, speedy scoring winger, Balej is playing a more gritty style than Valeri.

Michael Ryder:

Steve Konowalchuk's work ethic, speed and frame with the offensive tools of Marco Sturm, not as dominant defensively than those two though. 2nd/3rd liner with more offense than defense.

Ward - A poor's man Eric Cole is every facets of Cole's game. Slower, less grit, scoring potential and skills etc.

Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc are respectively Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc

All my comparison compares style of play and how the players would be at their best, I don't think all these prospects will make it.

RichardZednik#20 10-22-2003 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
Josť Theodore:

Brodeur is bigger, a better puckhandler and has been one of the most consistant goaltender of all-time. He has a shot at breaking some of Roy's NHL records. Theodore is not comparable to Brodeur, he has the talent to be a top goaltender and can steal games after games, that's a given but he isn't close to Brodeur. Theo is 27, you hardly find comparison at this age other than the player himself.

Mathieu Garon:

At best, I see him as a bigger version of Tommy Salo. Quick reflexes and sound positioning, the mental game is what kept Garon apart from the NHL level the last few years and Salo struggled lately having lacks of confidence. Garon has the potential to be a middle-pack starting goaltender like Tommy IMO.

Mike Komisarek:

Stevens is mean, one of the best captain of all time and his known for his famous open-ice hitting. I don't see the open-ice hitting from Komisarek and he will IMO never be as mean as Stevens is. Stevens is smaller (6-2 215) and is definitely a better skater than Komisarek. He was one of the best two-way rearguard in his prime, Komisarek will be a defensive force first. A smaller Zdeno Chara will always be the best comparison for Komisarek IMO. Chara fights occasionnaly and can deliver great hits along the board like Komisarek. He is not mean, take space in the locker room and can contribute offensively with his size, strenght & shot.

Ron Hainsey:

I think you severly under-rated Nieds, he is currently in the top-10 defenseman in the league and arguably the second best two-way rearguard behind Nicklas Lidstrom. Ron Hainsey has a lot to work on in the defensive zone, let alone being in Niedermayer's league. Darryl Sydor is the best comparison for Hainsey imo. Good in the defensive zone while racking up 40-50 points, a fixture on the first unit of the powerplay.

Sheldon Souray:

Sheldon Souray is Sheldon Souray, he is actually the same age as Ohlund. Souray's physical game is his main calling card and Ohlund tend to shy away from physical contact. He has more offensive skills than Sheldon will ever have if his career though he seemed to improve his overall skills offensively with his booming shot as his main weapon. Souray is mean physical defensive while Ohlund is a much more of a skill defenseman, not even close.

Andrew Archer: Archer has a lot to work on to be an NHLer, I don't think he can be more than a physical third pairing defenseman while Colin White's overall skill package is simply better imo. Archer is not a mean defenseman like White IMO but can drop the gloves. I like Acher's leadership and could be a player. I would compare him to Aaron Ward who'll drop them but certainly not a valuable defenseman like White.

Andrei Kastsitsyn:

Kastsitsyn is nowhere near a big powerforward he is a skilled player with an average frame. I often compare to Peter Bondra.

Chris Higgins:

Allison is 6-3 215 and is an elite playmaker while Higgins is 5-11 198 pounds with a lethal wrist and a quick release, nuff' said. I think Chris Drury with more defense and grit is a good comparison for Higgins in his prime.

Alex Perezhogin:

First line potential but most likely above-average 2nd liner. I think he will be a poor's man Mogilny offensively while having the same defensive skills Mogilny developed the last few year.

Marcel Hossa:

He plays a similar style to Glen Murray but will never score 40 goals maybe 30-35, at best.

Mike Ribeiro:

I like comparing Ribeiro to Nylander. Tremendous playmaker but streaky/inconsistant, both have slight frame as well. I think Ribeiro could score 60-65 regularly in the league if he reaches his ceilling. Mike is developing a defensive conscience which is good and Nylander is decent defensively.

Tomas Plekanec:

Sullivan with more strenght, HF's comparison is bang on.

Jozef Balej:

Valeri Bure, speedy scoring winger, Balej is playing a more gritty style than Valeri.

Michael Ryder:

Steve Konowalchuk's work ethic, speed and frame with the offensive tools of Marco Sturm, not as dominant defensively than those two though. 2nd/3rd liner with more offense than defense.

Ward - A poor's man Eric Cole is every facets of Cole's game. Slower, less grit, scoring potential and skills etc.

Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc are respectively Bulis, Koivu, Markov etc

All my comparison compares style of play and how the players would be at their best, I don't think all these prospects will make it.

That's pretty much better. But still a very tough call to do. Anything could happen. some are late bloomers etc... Patience will be the key.

Stephen 10-22-2003 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=habitants9_4]Our team in 3-4 years. (I know there will be a lot of trades, busts and picks, but please state who you think the player will be similar to! And the lines.

G
-Theodore-- Brodeur (fast, reliable, super star)

-Garon-- Dunham (Uses size well, reliable backup goalie, good when needed to be, potential challenger for Theodore)

D
-Markov-- Zubov (Really good 1.5 type guy, good on PP, good defensively, great puck carrier)

-Komisarek--Stevens (#1 guy, leader, hits like crazy, dominant defensive and PK force)

-Hainsey-- Niedermeyer (Good skater, with very good lateral movement, plays a two-way style #3 guy on both PP and PK)

-Souray-- Ohlund (Good wrist shot, defensively sound, only dif is that Souray will be a leader, and get more PIM's, and Ohlund is obviously a bit better at this stage)

-Archer-- Colin White (Stay-at-home type guy, who plays on the PK unit #1, uses size well)

-Rivet-- Lyle Odeline at 30 (Someone reliabletwo ways, plays well all round, and could step it up in playoff situations)

FWD's
-Kastytsin-- Guerin (Powerful and dominant force on the ice, bona fide scorer)

-Higgins-- Allison (Exellent speed, a solid two-way game, quick shot, with good puck handling skills)

-Perezhogin-- Kovalev (A goal scorer, high point getter)

-Hossa-- ??????

-Ribeiro-- Briere (A good playmaker, questionable skating, but gets his players the puck)

-Zednik-- HIMSELF (He is good now)

-Plekanec-- Sullivan

-Balej-- Bondra

-Koivu-- Captain/Leader moved to wing, because he's slowing down in production, the wing brought him back to a 60 point guy 20-goals and 40 assists

-Ryder-- Knuble

-Ward-- Scott Thorton

-Bulis-- Lethinen

QUOTE]

Or how about this?

Theodore - Hextall

Garon - Hirsch

Markov - Malakhov

Komisarek - Luke Richardson

Archer - Jeff Ware

Katsitsyn - Krivokrasov

Higgins - Niedermayer (Rob)

Pereghozin - Berezin

Balej - Christian Dube

Comparing prospects to Hall of Famers and all-stars is crazy, especially when they're mostly in the AHL, juniors or just breaking in as NHL regulars.

SwedenRulez 10-23-2003 01:54 AM

I don't think that ALL our prospects will developp to HAll of Famers, maybe 1 maximum but still...

habitants9_4 10-23-2003 10:32 AM

Wow

I am surprised by some of the replies! Why you starting to say ****, and accusations. When all I did is state the player I think their game resembles!
" I am obviously optimistic, and very bias on this one. Just big on the future! What do you think our players full potential are, please compare them to a player. Its always cool to see what type of player the see the guy as."

If you think its aweful! You do better.

Chehabi 10-23-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.

Thats just wrong; not only is that wrong, its stupid. Every player is induvidual and diffrent. I think that, yeah, in some ways, they are similar to the players you are comparing them to, but they wont ever BE those players. No way that you can expect Komi to be a Stevns. They are diffrent and Stevens had diffrent circumstances.

Mathieu Lavergne 10-23-2003 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
That's pretty much better. But still a very tough call to do. Anything could happen. some are late bloomers etc... Patience will be the key.

Of course, my comparison are simply my opinion with the current facts we have right now, anything can happen. I am not the owner of the bonafide true. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chehabi
Thats just wrong; not only is that wrong, its stupid. Every player is induvidual and diffrent. I think that, yeah, in some ways, they are similar to the players you are comparing them to, but they wont ever BE those players. No way that you can expect Komi to be a Stevns. They are diffrent and Stevens had diffrent circumstances.

:dunno:

Sure they will never be those players, but you should look closer before calling my posts stupid. I am totally against a Stevens-Komisarek comparison, you are bashing the wrong guy. :teach:

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitants9_4
I am surprised by some of the replies! Why you starting to say ****, and accusations. When all I did is state the player I think their game resembles!
" I am obviously optimistic, and very bias on this one. Just big on the future! What do you think our players full potential are, please compare them to a player. Its always cool to see what type of player the see the guy as."

If you think its aweful! You do better.

Well that's what I tried to do. ;)

Marchy79 10-23-2003 01:40 PM

Here's my guesses for each of them, I am judging mainly on style of game they produce... This is not to say they will ever hit the level of play that is given, just that they could become a better or weaker version of said compared player.

Goaltender
-Theodore: The ultimate version of Mike Palmeteer. (I mean he's an upgrade to the popcorn kid) His quick legs (fastest reflexes IMHO in the league) save him from his so-so positioning. I believe he will have a HOF career from here on out.

-Garon: Because he is still more prospect than prven... Right now I will say his ceiling is JS Giguere. He can still be the habs goalie of the future, but IMHO, Theo will always be the better starting goaltender. He plays a big blocky sort of game... But tends to lose his positioning at times while in the butterfly (a result from going down too early). Uses his huge frame to his benefit.
D
-Markov: I'll say Sergei Gonchar, mainly because his game is very similar to his already. IMHO, another 15 points is easily not out of the question from Markov, and he has the most Offensive talent on the blueline.

-Komisarek: I think his game is heading towards Adam Foote of Colorado, or Derian Hatcher of Detroit. A big heavy hitting D-man, who, with more experience will become more Physical and aggressive with his checks. IMHO, he's doubled his aggression in those 21 games played from last year... and is the future # 1 d-man pairing.

-Hainsey: I think he looks a lot like Eric Desjardins. He plays a 2 way game, but has the ability to turn on the jets and take the puck all the way up the ice. Has more Offensive ability than Komisarek, but less body work. He can take the body however. He has some defensive defficiencies right now (made a few bad passes once in a while)but I believe it is more game focus he will get by game play, When he is a vet, he will be top 10 D in the league.

-Souray-- Mike Rathje. A heavy, physical d man good at anything that is physical... not so much there in the mental game though. Limited offensive ability, but his cannon is a nice addition to the blue line. He is our most solid defensive defenceman this year... He has proven he did truly turn a corner in our play-off run 2 years ago.

-Archer:Hal Gill. Has almost no offensive game, but can hold his own defensively, and his size helps him in the physical aspect of the game. at best a # 4 d-man, which is no knock on the eighth rounder.

-Rivet: Stephane Quintal. I think Rivet will round out his playing years very similar to Q-ball. When he is well over 30 (he is 30 now I think) his game will slow, but he will still be a respected, physical d-man.

Forwards:

-Kastytsin: This guy is another potential HOF'er. I think he'll be a lot like Peter Stastny... (A player who can hurt the opponents in goals, or assisting, and has a mean streak in him). Will play 2 ways, but his offensive drive will be his main asset.

-Higgins: Chris Drury. Many will say Drury, and to me, I agree. Higgins definately looks like Drury out there. Hovers a lot like Chris, and will be able to play any game given to him.

-Perezhogin: Martin Havlat. His game will revolve around speed and deft moves in the offensive end.

-Hossa: Pavol DeMitra... Hard choice, but similarities is use of body, not outburst speed, but has the ability to overpower defencemen. I do not think he'll be posting DeMitra type of points, but a lesser version is still pretty good.

-Ribeiro: Intersting guy... I look at his game, and his vision reminds me of the Great One... A lesser version (i.e. Wayne's tail end years) who can potentially max out at PPG mark (if he were to play the entire year like he is now)

-Zednik: Petr Bondra. To me Zednik has always looked like Bondra (with less finishing ability).

-Plekanec: Poor man's Saku Koivu. He's a buzzer, has vision, however, his shot is weak... He's a hard worker though.

-Balej: If he's a boom, he can be very similar to Martin St. Louis of Tampa Bay... espescially if he plays with the same grit he's displaying with the dogs.

-Koivu: Is Koivu... he's still at least 5 years away from true decline... IMHO.

-Ryder: Wendel Clark. Will be a major fan favourite Very soon. Has similar crazy shot as Wendel, speed is/was both players major harbingers. Definately not afraid to muck it up, and will drop the gloves on occasion.

-Ward: I see Eric Cole in Jason Ward.I think Ward will eventualy become a clutch scorer... (like Steve Thomas)

-Bulis: Lehtinen is a very good example for Jan Bulis... I think these 2 can be very similar.

Kastytsin Higgins Perezhogin
Hossa Ribeiro Zednik
Koivu Plekanec Balej
Ryder Bulis Ward

Hainsey Komisarek
Markov Rivet
Souray Archer

Theodore
Garon

habitants9_4 10-23-2003 05:45 PM

You ever see Ferland play. Now he plays like John Leclair. But obviously not quite at his level yet. I see pure PF written all over him. With scoring touch(not shown yet)

Team_Spirit 10-23-2003 08:33 PM

Quote:

Pereghozin - Berezin
It's my Nightmare.... :rolleyes:

KOMO_ROCKS 10-23-2003 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bring_Bak_Damphousse
It would be nice if this came true, but I think your giving our prospects to much credit, comparing them to the likes of Guerin, Zubov, Kovalev, Brodeur etc it`s too much. Maybe 1 or 2 of our prospects will reach somewhere close to what you said but there`s little chance of them all becoming stars/superstars in the league.

The future does look good for the Habs but just not that good. Continue to dream my friend :)

you summed it up pretty good.....it is great to be optimistic about our prospects but there is a time when reality checks in too...i sure hope the poster is at least partially right, in a few maximizing their potential to stardom ;)