HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nash? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=219951)

donelikedinner 02-07-2006 08:31 AM

Nash?

since Nash will be watching the playoffs from home again this year if he stays in Columbus, how about

Nash

for

Carter, 1st & 2 2nds

i really don't know if this would workout financially, but it would help the log jam at center and add a winger who can score.

FearTheFlyers 02-07-2006 08:45 AM

Nash is the Blue Jackets. They won't trade him.

NyQuil 02-07-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
since Nash will be watching the playoffs from home again this year if he stays in Columbus, how about

Nash

for

Carter, 1st & 2 2nds

i really don't know if this would workout financially, but it would help the log jam at center and add a winger who can score.

LOL :biglaugh:

FearTheFlyers 02-07-2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil
LOL :biglaugh:

Thanks for the meaningful post. It meant a lot to us.

donelikedinner 02-07-2006 09:09 AM

ok, how about

carter, radio, meyer, & 2 first rounders for Nash?

NyQuil 02-07-2006 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagne Owns You
Thanks for the meaningful post. It meant a lot to us.

These emerging franchises need their superstars.

You would only see Nash go for another player of equal calibre and there aren't too many at his age with his upside, not to mention he just signed a long-term deal.

You said it yourself. He's virtually untradeable.

Even if you jack up the number of 1st rounders, I doubt you'd get a taker, simply because the odds of picking up a guy like Nash with a late round 1st is fairly remote.

Safir* 02-07-2006 09:17 AM

Start your offers with Pitkanen!

FearTheFlyers 02-07-2006 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyQuil
You said it yourself. He's virtually untradeable.

I know I said it, which is why we didn't need the laughing emoticon to belittle the thread starter.

FearTheFlyers 02-07-2006 09:20 AM

Quote:

ok, how about

The Blue Jackets need quality back, as NyQuil said, they would only trade him for an equal player of the same potential, not a package deal.

Bottom line really, he isin't goiong anywhere.

X0ssbar 02-07-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GagneOwnsYou
Bottom line really, he isin't goiong anywhere.

Yep - he's the face of the franchise in a new hockey market. He's to valuable on and off the ice.

Nobody is untradable (Gretzky proved that) but it would take an Ovechkin/Crosby type franchise player right now for MacLean to even consider it - then he would still say no. Not b/c Nash is a better player but b/c of how every fanatic/season ticket holder/addict/groupie/etc associates this team with him. People who don't know hockey in this town know who Rick Nash is and it takes a while to build that kind of brand and you don't easily trade that away.

Jester 02-07-2006 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Yep - he's the face of the franchise in a new hockey market. He's to valuable on and off the ice.

Nobody is untradable (Gretzky proved that) but it would take an Ovechkin/Crosby type franchise player right now for MacLean to even consider it - then he would still say no. Not b/c Nash is a better player but b/c of how every fanatic/season ticket holder/addict/groupie/etc associates this team with him. People who don't know hockey in this town know who Rick Nash is and it takes a while to build that kind of brand and you don't easily trade that away.

if he was offered Ovechkin or Crosby -- especially Crosby -- he'd take it in a heartbeat...

GKJ 02-07-2006 10:14 AM

We'd have better luck trying to get Mario Lemieux to come out of retirement and play for the Flyers

Jester 02-07-2006 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
We'd have better luck trying to get Mario Lemieux to come out of retirement and play for the Flyers

are you serious? people are already complaining that this team has no heart!

one ticket to hell please.

blueandgold* 02-07-2006 10:42 AM

Quote:

Nash

for

Carter, 1st & 2 2nds

Nash is going nowhere.... why would columbus want more prospects... they've got prospects....

what would Carter bring....half the production they get from Nash..... they do this deal ONLY if they were looking to miss the playoffs for the next 3 years too

ShawnTHW 02-07-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

ok, how about

Get it thorugh your thick skull, they wont trade him :shakehead

donelikedinner 02-07-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoppaMan21
Get it thorugh your thick skull, they wont trade him :shakehead

if your going to be a b!tch about it, atleast check your spelling..... :shakehead

o-dog 02-07-2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

ok, how about

How about Gagne and Pitkanen for starters? Nash is probably one of the 10 highest commodities right now, you don't get him for a good prospect, some filler and draft picks.

X0ssbar 02-07-2006 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
if he was offered Ovechkin or Crosby -- especially Crosby -- he'd take it in a heartbeat...

It sure would be tempting. I'd love to hear what MacLean would say off the record regarding a swap like that even if its just for sh*** and giggles.

kovalev27hf 02-08-2006 10:17 AM

i don't even think columbus would do crosby for nash there is no point to it. and last time i checked philly has no one on the level of that whiny brat crosby. thats like the rangers trading lundqvist for ryan miller why would either team make that deal? no point. so yah basically nash is untouchable

dru 02-08-2006 10:33 AM

Quote:

Nash

for

Carter, 1st & 2 2nds

Keep dreaming. Nash is the future of the CBJ, everything relies on him. No young team would trade thier #1 scorer for a 3rd line center and some more prospects.

Jester 02-08-2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kovalev27hf
i don't even think columbus would do crosby for nash there is no point to it. and last time i checked philly has no one on the level of that whiny brat crosby. thats like the rangers trading lundqvist for ryan miller why would either team make that deal? no point. so yah basically nash is untouchable

Crosby is going to be MUCH better than Nash (which is saying something, because Nash is spectacular...). Nash is a great goal scorer, but isn't the greatest at creating opportunities for others around him. this has been exacerbated by the general lack of talent in Columbus, but he almost -- or did -- set the record for Goals/Assist ratio in the last season. GREAT pure goal scorer, not the disher/scorer combo that Crosby represents.

nothing wrong with this, he's just not going to take an average line and make it scary... Crosby is going to be capable of that... similar to Lemieux, Gretz, etc.

i just looked at Nash's stats... 19.8 shooting % is absolutely retarded.

Rails 02-08-2006 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester

i just looked at Nash's stats... 19.8 shooting % is absolutely retarded.

Kinda like the thought that the Flyers could possibly land Rick Nash in the near future

Jester 02-08-2006 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rails
Kinda like the thought that the Flyers could possibly land Rick Nash in the near future

obviously... we could get Nash, but it would be a trade that would decapitate the organization going forward. EVERYONE is tradeable -- or should be.

MightyPleky* 02-08-2006 11:20 AM

Hmm

what about

To Philly : Nash
To Phoenix : A middle 4th round pick ?

or

To Philly : Nash, a 4th
To Phoenix : Meyer, a 6th

BringBackStevens 02-08-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyPleky
Hmm

what about

To Philly : Nash
To Phoenix : A middle 4th round pick ?

or

To Philly : Nash, a 4th
To Phoenix : Meyer, a 6th

:confused: ??? :dunno:

lol, they aren't talking about tyson nash

RICK NASH

plus the trade you proposed makes no sense... trade meyer for tyson nash ??? why???