HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Huge hit on Jackman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22029)

CFABoy 10-22-2003 07:52 PM

Huge hit on Jackman
 
Wow...did you all see that big hit on Jackman by Bertuzzi??? I must say I have tons of respect for Barrett that he actually got up from the hit...

c-carp 10-22-2003 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CFABoy
Wow...did you all see that big hit on Jackman by Bertuzzi??? I must say I have tons of respect for Barrett that he actually got up from the hit...

Bertuzzi Smoked him with a clean hit, jackman is "Old School" though unless he was seriously hurt he was going to get up. That kid is also a warrior.

Laperriere22* 10-22-2003 09:43 PM

Yes, I did. Just glad it was a clean hit. Unfortunately, Jackman looked to have been hurt by it; I'm thinking shoulder personally and the Blues don't need any more injuries to defensemen. Why is it that the Blues get hit hardest by positions of late? Last year it was goalies; this year it's defensemen. As many pucks and hits as Jackman has taken to start the season, I was thinking it was only a matter of time for him honestly.

And I'm a bit PO'd at the refs for the end of the game. It's not that the calls were bad per say, but they had Pronger, Baron, and Finley in the box with Jackman already hurt. The Blues only had two defensemen to even play that PK, Backman and Brimanis. That's a tough spot to put a team in at that stage of the game; I guess I'm used to refs using a little more restraint in what they call at the end of a closely contested game. The only one I really didn't think was a good call was the Drake goaltender interference. That one was pretty tough to swallow.

c-carp 10-22-2003 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Jackman will be back , he knows who did it . ;) If he's injured , that's bad news for the Blues though . Hopefully he's doing fine . I seen Pronger go after Bertuzzi after that , he barely touched Bert and he dropped like a little ***** .


Pronger said Bertuzzi dropped like he was 120 pounds

the ******* drew a penalty so it was a good play. Has anyone with TSN heard anything about Jackman, because I dont think they show NHL tonight consistantly on ESPN and Sportscenter is useless.

incawg 10-22-2003 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-carp
the ******* drew a penalty so it was a good play. Has anyone with TSN heard anything about Jackman, because I dont think they show NHL tonight consistantly on ESPN and Sportscenter is useless.

quenville said it was a shoulder injury and it's serious enough that jackman will go back to st.louis to be evaluated. at the very least he won't play vs the flames.

quat 10-22-2003 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Jackman will be back , he knows who did it . ;) If he's injured , that's bad news for the Blues though . Hopefully he's doing fine . I seen Pronger go after Bertuzzi after that , he barely touched Bert and he dropped like a little ***** .


Pronger said Bertuzzi dropped like he was 120 pounds

Didn't see the altercation between Pronger and Burtuzzi myself, but I understood that both players went down. So, if what you say is true, then how is it Pronger ended up on the ice? I think Pronger did the right thing by going after Burtuzzi even though the hit was clean... you have to protect your guys. Jovo did a similiar thing and got a what? some weird collection of penalties and the game. Pronger made a decision, and he should live with what get's called... all the *****ing just earned him another 2 minutes... that was just dumb.

Now, it's one thing for Chris Pronger to complain about Burtuzzi falling a too easily, but it's quite another when some "fan" decides he's all tough and calls Burtuzzi a *****. Keep lame comments like that to yourself.

To Blues Fans: I hope that Jackman's back skating for the team, and there was no serious injury. Thought the Blues, way depleted by injuries had the game in the bag. Looking forward to the next game.

c-carp 10-22-2003 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg
quenville said it was a shoulder injury and it's serious enough that jackman will go back to st.louis to be evaluated. at the very least he won't play vs the flames.

thanks for the info man. I am going to go and watch TV now that is depressing news.

degroat* 10-23-2003 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quat
Didn't see the altercation between Pronger and Burtuzzi myself, but I understood that both players went down. So, if what you say is true, then how is it Pronger ended up on the ice? I think Pronger did the right thing by going after Burtuzzi even though the hit was clean... you have to protect your guys. Jovo did a similiar thing and got a what? some weird collection of penalties and the game. Pronger made a decision, and he should live with what get's called... all the *****ing just earned him another 2 minutes... that was just dumb.

Now, it's one thing for Chris Pronger to complain about Burtuzzi falling a too easily, but it's quite another when some "fan" decides he's all tough and calls Burtuzzi a *****. Keep lame comments like that to yourself.


What's lame is that you actually think that Bertuzzi is too special to be called a *****. Guess what. Bertuzzi is a *****. And, if you don't like it I can think of a few special words for you too.

Frenzy1 10-23-2003 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quat
Didn't see the altercation between Pronger and Burtuzzi myself, but I understood that both players went down. So, if what you say is true, then how is it Pronger ended up on the ice? I think Pronger did the right thing by going after Burtuzzi even though the hit was clean... you have to protect your guys. Jovo did a similiar thing and got a what? some weird collection of penalties and the game. Pronger made a decision, and he should live with what get's called... all the *****ing just earned him another 2 minutes... that was just dumb.

Now, it's one thing for Chris Pronger to complain about Burtuzzi falling a too easily, but it's quite another when some "fan" decides he's all tough and calls Burtuzzi a *****. Keep lame comments like that to yourself.

To Blues Fans: I hope that Jackman's back skating for the team, and there was no serious injury. Thought the Blues, way depleted by injuries had the game in the bag. Looking forward to the next game.

I take it your a Nucks fan...

Bertuzzi Dove, that is all there is to it. He did his job, the hit was clean and he was able to get Pronger to take a penalty.

I have a huge problems with the refs lately. It has to do w/ Diving. Stars like Forsburg and Burtuzzi fall down like a sack of Shiete w/ a light touch. At best the other player gets an obstruction call or hooking call, at worst both players get a call.

What I would like to see is the *** player who dives, get the sole call. Why does it always have to be a matching penalty, if you dive you dive and deserve the call. The guy who gave you a nudge shouldn't have a call against him. This is really becoming like soccer.

execwrite 10-23-2003 05:31 AM

What bothers me is that no one on the Blues settled the score with Bertuzzi for his hit on MacInnis last year. Clean hit or not, you can't let guys run your best players.

Someone (Low?) should have challenged Bertuzzi right at the beginning of this game.

Street Hawk 10-23-2003 05:58 AM

Guess you didn't see last year's playoffs...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I take it your a Nucks fan...

Bertuzzi Dove, that is all there is to it. He did his job, the hit was clean and he was able to get Pronger to take a penalty.

I have a huge problems with the refs lately. It has to do w/ Diving. Stars like Forsburg and Burtuzzi fall down like a sack of Shiete w/ a light touch. At best the other player gets an obstruction call or hooking call, at worst both players get a call.

What I would like to see is the *** player who dives, get the sole call. Why does it always have to be a matching penalty, if you dive you dive and deserve the call. The guy who gave you a nudge shouldn't have a call against him. This is really becoming like soccer.

yeah, and the Blues are a straight up honest team. Nash, Drake, Podein and company were performing swan dives in the playoffs last year against the Canucks. Their PP was kicking in the playoffs, it was the only way they were going to score, so they just kept on diving.

Worry about your own team's Integrity. Taking a cheap shot Cross-check on Kariya after a goal is scored.

nuksforlife 10-23-2003 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
What's lame is that you actually think that Bertuzzi is too special to be called a *****. Guess what. Bertuzzi is a *****. And, if you don't like it I can think of a few special words for you too.

Your just being a baby because you guys lost, you lost in the playoffs and you lost last night, go get a rag and cry instead of insulting one of the best players in the league.

Frenzy1 10-23-2003 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street Hawk
Worry about your own team's Integrity. Taking a cheap shot Cross-check on Kariya after a goal is scored.

And Pronger got what he deserved, a minor penalty. I have no problem w/ that call, it was a late, cheap shot and he earned the 2 minutes.

As for Divers, I don't think you can toss Drake in there. But that being said, I hate diving in general. I didn't like Nash doing it (it got so bad, noone would make any call, even one where he was ligit. taken down), I don't like any of the current roster doing it. I think it is cheap Sheite and needs to be stopped.

Youreallygotme 10-23-2003 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I take it your a Nucks fan...

Bertuzzi Dove, that is all there is to it. He did his job, the hit was clean and he was able to get Pronger to take a penalty.

I have a huge problems with the refs lately. It has to do w/ Diving. Stars like Forsburg and Burtuzzi fall down like a sack of Shiete w/ a light touch. At best the other player gets an obstruction call or hooking call, at worst both players get a call.

What I would like to see is the *** player who dives, get the sole call. Why does it always have to be a matching penalty, if you dive you dive and deserve the call. The guy who gave you a nudge shouldn't have a call against him. This is really becoming like soccer.

Whether he dove there or not, i dont know. i do know that i rarely see bertuzzi dive. Forsberg? thats a different story....

TheCustodian 10-23-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
What's lame is that you actually think that Bertuzzi is too special to be called a *****. Guess what. Bertuzzi is a *****. And, if you don't like it I can think of a few special words for you too.

At least Bertuzzi hits guys his own size and doesn't try to injure Paul Kariya with a vicious crosscheck to the lower back AFTER a goal was scored, for the simple reason he is mad and bitter and wants to injure a guy for scoring. If Bertuzzi is a *****, Pronger is too.

blues1234 10-23-2003 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCustodian
At least Bertuzzi hits guys his own size and doesn't try to injure Paul Kariya with a vicious crosscheck to the lower back AFTER a goal was scored, for the simple reason he is mad and bitter and wants to injure a guy for scoring. If Bertuzzi is a *****, Pronger is too.

I agree with everything you said, Pronger and Bertuzzi are both *****es.

But Jackman and Macinnis are no where near Bertuzzi's size.

degroat* 10-23-2003 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCustodian
At least Bertuzzi hits guys his own size and doesn't try to injure Paul Kariya with a vicious crosscheck to the lower back AFTER a goal was scored, for the simple reason he is mad and bitter and wants to injure a guy for scoring. If Bertuzzi is a *****, Pronger is too.

That's funny... cause what I saw last night was Pronger going after Bertuzzi but "best power forward in the league" wanted nothing to do with it.

Bertuzzi = *****. End of story. Fans of 29 teams agree with me... not just fans of the team that lost last night.

Peter Griffin 10-23-2003 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
That's funny... cause what I saw last night was Pronger going after Bertuzzi but "best power forward in the league" wanted nothing to do with it.

Bertuzzi was just being smart(shocking...) and suckered Pronger into taking a stupid penalty. Pronger took himself out of the game quite nicely...Bertuzzi isn't around to pick fights in the dying minutes of a 2-2 game, he's out there to win, Pronger just helped the cause...

Quote:

Bertuzzi = *****. End of story. Fans of 29 teams agree with me... not just fans of the team that lost last night.
That's a sign that he's doing his job.

BCCHL inactive 10-23-2003 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frenzy1
What I would like to see is the *** player who dives, get the sole call. Why does it always have to be a matching penalty, if you dive you dive and deserve the call. The guy who gave you a nudge shouldn't have a call against him. This is really becoming like soccer.

Just because a player goes down easy does not necessarily mean he was not hooked, held, etc.

The problem isn't word-for-word "diving"...it is embellishment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by execwrite
What bothers me is that no one on the Blues settled the score with Bertuzzi for his hit on MacInnis last year. Clean hit or not, you can't let guys run your best players.

Someone (Low?) should have challenged Bertuzzi right at the beginning of this game.

Oh come on. What happened last year happened last year. That, and there was no score to settle. It was a clean hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
That's funny... cause what I saw last night was Pronger going after Bertuzzi but "best power forward in the league" wanted nothing to do with it.

Bertuzzi = *****. End of story. Fans of 29 teams agree with me... not just fans of the team that lost last night.

Why the hell would Bertuzzi want to square up with Pronger late in a tie game? His responsibility is to help his team win...not get involved in crap that will have him sitting in the box.

Bertuzzi = the guy who caused your captain to lose the game for your team.

TheCustodian 10-23-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
That's funny... cause what I saw last night was Pronger going after Bertuzzi but "best power forward in the league" wanted nothing to do with it.

Bertuzzi = *****. End of story. Fans of 29 teams agree with me... not just fans of the team that lost last night.

All your posts wreak of bitter defeat buddy. Sorry if our best player had the brains not to get taken off the ice late in the game due to the whining of some overblown blond baby with a history of temper tantrums.

The best powerforward in the league doesn't have to take stupid penalties and handicap his team. Are you dense? Why would he want to go with Pronger when Pronger was in the process of digging his own grave and costing his team the game? I think Pronger was doing alright kicking his own ass out of the rink.

colonel_korn 10-23-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCustodian
All your posts wreak of bitter defeat buddy. Sorry if our best player had the brains not to get taken off the ice late in the game due to the whining of some overblown blond baby with a history of temper tantrums.

The best powerforward in the league doesn't have to take stupid penalties and handicap his team. Are you dense? Why would he want to go with Pronger when Pronger was in the process of digging his own grave and costing his team the game? I think Pronger was doing alright kicking his own ass out of the rink.

Well you can't blame degroat for being cranky, after all Jackman *is* his Golden Boy. It must have been very upsetting to him to see Jackman get steamrolled by his favourite player Bertuzzi. :joker:

topshelf331 10-23-2003 10:26 AM

Im definatley cranky. Those were the weakest calls last night. I could see pronger getting 2 max. Oh well, i guess the refs will hand us a game to make up for it one of these nights.

colonel_korn 10-23-2003 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelf331
Im definatley cranky. Those were the weakest calls last night. I could see pronger getting 2 max. Oh well, i guess the refs will hand us a game to make up for it one of these nights.

Well, 2 minutes is all he got for going after Bertuzzi. On top of that he got another 2 and the misconduct for flipping out in the penalty box and cussing out the referees.

Laperriere22* 10-23-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCustodian
Sorry if our best player had the brains not to get taken off the ice late in the game due to the whining of some overblown blond baby with a history of temper tantrums.

The best powerforward in the league doesn't have to take stupid penalties and handicap his team.

This was the best of the bunch. Bertuzzi has brains now eh? Must have been a recent transplant because he hasn't shown any up to this point. And yes, Bertuzzi takes plenty of stupid penalties and handicaps his team. If you need a list of them, I can surely help you out with that. Not to mention that Bertuzzi complains after every call as much any other player does.

The hit was clean and that's all I'm concerned with. Pronger went after Bertuzzi, but all bets are off on a clean hit. Bertuzzi isn't morally obligated to fight anybody after a clean hit. Bertuzzi and Pronger are actually very similar kinds of players.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van
Bertuzzi = the guy who caused your captain to lose the game for your team.

Huh? Pronger didn't lose the game. The dual calls on Finley and Baron that gave the Canucks the last minute plus of 5-on-3 lost the game for the Blues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nucks&flames
i do know that i rarely see bertuzzi dive.

You should watch him more often because Bertuzzi certainly does dive more than his fair share. And no, I'm not going to claim the Blues don't do it, but to say Bertuzzi rarely does it smacks of denial personally. Last year's playoff series was filled with dives by players from both teams and it was the worst playoff series I've seen in that regard. Both teams were reprehensible.

mugu 10-23-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by degroat
That's funny... cause what I saw last night was Pronger going after Bertuzzi but "best power forward in the league" wanted nothing to do with it.

Bertuzzi = *****. End of story. Fans of 29 teams agree with me... not just fans of the team that lost last night.

actually its called hockey and becuase bertuzzi is bigger then jackman does in no way mean he shouldnt hit him, also im an oiler fan and i dont agree iwth you so thats 28 teams....incidentally the best power forward in the league is either bertuzzi leclair if hes ever healthy or thornton


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.