HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PITT/NJ proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22030)

mdhockey211 10-22-2003 07:52 PM

PITT/NJ proposal

To NJ: C Martin Straka
4th rd pick

To PITT: W Brian Gionta
D David Hale
3rd rd pick

Pittsburgh cuts Strakas 4 milliion salary, gets 2 decent young players
Devils get good number 1 center assuming he can stay healthy

DLaCouture39 10-22-2003 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdhockey211
4th rd pick

D David Hale
3rd rd pick

Not bad man but If I was penguins, id ask for D White, and Berglund. The penguins need NHL dman, Hale is young but White has more nhl experience and is cheap.

The Tang 10-22-2003 08:00 PM

were not as bad on d as people think. we have no norris candidates, dont get me wrong, but it is significantly improved over last years as we filtered out the worst players (moran, jonsson and pushor). personally, i'm more worried about scoring at this point. though if the deal did have white involved, i would seriously consider it. i dont suppose there is any chance of getting langenbrunner as a center piece?

mdhockey211 10-22-2003 08:07 PM

langenbrunner if

Id give langenbrunner and hale for straka and milan kraft...done deal

Jacob 10-22-2003 08:38 PM

Hale's a good prospect and all, but our prospect depth on the blueline is already superb. So, I think a forward would be more beneficial.

AEKaki 10-22-2003 08:41 PM

Langenbrunner or Friesen as center piece...

Langenbrunner/Friesen and dmen
for
Straka and Kraft

Doghouse 10-22-2003 09:04 PM

Quote:

4th rd pick

D David Hale
3rd rd pick

I'd do a Gomez-Hale package for Straka and Vancouver's 2nd round pick.

Gomez played well with Lemieux in the Olympics. Hale I hear is a very good prospect. Straka will add the scoring depth to the Devs.

However, I don't see this deal going down. Such a disiplined defensive system in NJ might hurt Straka's chances of getting a good money deal as a UFA, on top of the fact that he's been oft-injured the past 2 years.

I think the Devils are set, and so are the Penguins right now.

Doghouse 10-22-2003 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super_Joe
Gomez played well with Lemieux at the olympics ? :teach:

I'm pretty sure. Unless I'm thinking of Iginla. But what does it matter. Mario made a star out of so many guys. I guess I lost track. :dunno: :p

Pensfan66 10-22-2003 09:24 PM

I would do Berglund and Hale for Straka

sveiglar 10-23-2003 03:05 AM

I don't see Straka as the type of guy Lou would go after unless he knew he could get him on the cheap (ie picks or prospects not named Hale/Martin/Parise). That likely won't be the case, so I doubt there is a deal here.

When Stevens retires (quite possibly this year), Hale will be even more important to the team.

Evilo 10-23-2003 08:08 AM

Straka did kill NJ in the playoffs a few years ago.
I do agree the Pens would probably ask for forwards.

Koltsov71 10-23-2003 10:24 AM

If Straka had to be dealt, I'd definitely like Gionta.

AEKaki 10-23-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov47
If Straka had to be dealt, I'd definitely like Gionta.

too short IMO, I don't like him...

I like Langenbrunner, Gomez or Friesen...
I don't know who of the 3 should be available though...

Pittsburgh will ask for forwards since their goaltending (Fleury-Caron) and their defence (Orpik-Whitney-Welch-Melichar-...) are in good shape.

Missionhockey 10-23-2003 12:45 PM

Straka plays center right? So in that case the Devils would need to make some room for him because there is a log jam at that position (Ramuesson, Larianov, Gomez, Rupp, Madden). 1 of them will be gone if the Devils make a deal. I think the Devils can get better for Gomez if they wanted. A dirt cheap 50 point center who is 23 years old could net a first line powerforward the Devils are looking for. Of coase they'd have to give up others but to many teams its very appealing.

Rowsdower 10-23-2003 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionHockey
Straka plays center right? So in that case the Devils would need to make some room for him because there is a log jam at that position (Ramuesson, Larianov, Gomez, Rupp, Madden). 1 of them will be gone if the Devils make a deal. I think the Devils can get better for Gomez if they wanted. A dirt cheap 50 point center who is 23 years old could net a first line powerforward the Devils are looking for. Of coase they'd have to give up others but to many teams its very appealing.

Straka has played center at one time, but has been playing on the lw for the past several years, so he would not create a further jam at center....that said I don't see him as a guy LL would go for (but you never know).

After Mario retires, the Penguins may be in trouble at center....I'd love to see Gomez in Pitts, but am not sure what it would take..

Koltsov71 10-23-2003 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkouklos
too short IMO, I don't like him...

Because Martin Straka is such a towering hulk and all.

devildan 10-23-2003 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Not bad man but If I was penguins, id ask for D White, and Berglund. The penguins need NHL dman, Hale is young but White has more nhl experience and is cheap.

Quote:

Id give langenbrunner and hale for straka and milan kraft...done deal

White and Lagenfluffer are not available.

Wingboy2999 10-23-2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koltsov47
Because Martin Straka is such a towering hulk and all.

Exactly what I thought. Gomez and something else would work for me.

DJ Spinoza 10-23-2003 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacobv2
Hale's a good prospect and all, but our prospect depth on the blueline is already superb. So, I think a forward would be more beneficial.

I agree.

Maybe we could get Berglund?

DJ Spinoza 10-23-2003 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissionHockey

Straka can play the wing too.

SaintRon 10-24-2003 07:33 AM

Quote:

To NJ: C Martin Straka & 4th rd pick

To PITT: W Brian Gionta D David Hale 3rd rd pick

I don't suppose Jmad is available?? I'd kill to have this guy on the PENS. Solid, 2-way, hard working meat n potatoes kinda guy. Something the PENS needs in droves.

If Jmad is not available, ANYONE on the Dev's would be a welcome addition to the PENS. Bye, bye Marty. Seriously though, why would the Dev's want Marty?? I would think the Dev's would want Morozov if anybody. That way, they could blank the PENS every game since Morozov scores goals in bunches off MB.

SaintRon

IslesJack 10-24-2003 10:39 AM

no

The Devils will never get Straka at 4 million a year, they cannot afford it.

Missionhockey 10-24-2003 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintRon
I don't suppose Jmad is available?? I'd kill to have this guy on the PENS. Solid, 2-way, hard working meat n potatoes kinda guy. Something the PENS needs in droves.

SaintRon

I don't want to crush your dreams but uhm, no.

devildan 10-24-2003 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesJack
The Devils will never get Straka at 4 million a year, they cannot afford it.

Right. Morozov seems like a much more viable (and expensive) option.

Wingboy2999 10-24-2003 02:17 PM

NJ would never trade Madden. He is what NJ is. Hard working, very good defensively. Any team would kill to have a player like him on the team.