HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tickets, scalping, so forth... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22105)

Neil Young Fan 10-23-2003 07:18 AM

Tickets, scalping, so forth...

Hi everybody...I don't post here very often (haven't figured out how to do the avatar thing yet), but I lurk around almost every day. To be honest, I should spend more of my time doing my job, but I'd much rather keep up to date on the Habs...

Anyway, I'm thinking about heading to Montreal in January, February or March to catch a game on a Saturday. I'm trying to do the trip on the cheap, so I'd like to get tickets for under $100 a piece if possible. I checked the prices on canadiens.com, and they're not bad provided I don't need to be down low. For those of you who have attended a game at the Bell Centre, what sections are the best in terms of price and view? Would I get a decent deal from a scalper? (I'd really like to catch one of the Habs v. Leafs games in January or March, which I'm sure would influence scalper prices).

Any and all info is much appreciated!

*Can't wait for Koivu*:)

Bob Bastards 10-23-2003 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Young Fan
Hi everybody...I don't post here very often (haven't figured out how to do the avatar thing yet), but I lurk around almost every day. To be honest, I should spend more of my time doing my job, but I'd much rather keep up to date on the Habs...

Anyway, I'm thinking about heading to Montreal in January, February or March to catch a game on a Saturday. I'm trying to do the trip on the cheap, so I'd like to get tickets for under $100 a piece if possible. I checked the prices on canadiens.com, and they're not bad provided I don't need to be down low. For those of you who have attended a game at the Bell Centre, what sections are the best in terms of price and view? Would I get a decent deal from a scalper? (I'd really like to catch one of the Habs v. Leafs games in January or March, which I'm sure would influence scalper prices).

Any and all info is much appreciated!

*Can't wait for Koivu*:)

First of all forget about seeing the Leaf at the Bell Center, those game are sold out until 2145... and with a scalper they will probably have tickets for those game but you better call your banker for a loan.
I have go seen some game and I was always in the blue section up there and the view is quite good. I think almost all the seat a great. And at 25$ its really cheap all thing consider. Forget about the beer, at 8$ a piece, you better wait till the end of the game and get drunk at one of the 1000 bar we have in Montreal :D .
For a 100$, I think you can have pretty decent hockey ticket, I am not sure but I think the Air Canada section is something like 90$-100$, its really well placed seat and the food is FREE.
Have fun!

Higgins 10-23-2003 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ********
First of all forget about seeing the Leaf at the Bell Center, those game are sold out until 2145... and with a scalper they will probably have tickets for those game but you better call your banker for a loan.
I have go seen some game and I was always in the blue section up there and the view is quite good. I think almost all the seat a great. And at 25$ its really cheap all thing consider. Forget about the beer, at 8$ a piece, you better wait till the end of the game and get drunk at one of the 1000 bar we have in Montreal :D .
For a 100$, I think you can have pretty decent hockey ticket, I am not sure but I think the Air Canada section is something like 90$-100$, its really well placed seat and the food is FREE.
Have fun!

Actually I was able to get tickets to the habs-leafs game last Saturday on the Thursday before the game. It was actually pretty easy. Was able to get 2 whites at about $45 each. I simply went to www.admission.com and clicked on the canadiens link. If the site is slow just call the number provided on the site. It's a huge myth that those games sell out quickly...but what actually happened is that leaf fans buy the last remaining tickets at the last minute...so if you buy ahead of time you should be ok.

Anksun 10-23-2003 09:18 AM

I just realize that with my job. I can go to see 4 games this year for 60-65% of the prize :D

Talks about a GREAT NEW!!!

Blue: 15,88$ usual: 26,46$
Grey: 24,84$ usual: 41,41$
White: 37,96$ usual: 63,26$
The Club (foods free): 86,27$ usual: 132,28$

The 4 games are:

4 november against Oilers
6 january against Sabres
5 february against Islanders
19 february against Flames

Now I need to know how many tickets I can get for those prizes :bow:
_______