HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Ryan Hollweg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22118)

NYR469 10-23-2003 07:04 AM

Ryan Hollweg

Hollweg played last night, first game in almost a year...

he scored a goal and was named 2nd star of the game

Bluenote13 10-23-2003 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
Hollweg played last night, first game in almost a year...

he scored a goal and was named 2nd star of the game

Where, in juniors or Hartford?

E-Train 10-23-2003 07:21 AM

watch a team that actually values young players sign this guy. he would be crazy to sign here and rot in Hartford for years while watching the 30+ retreads always get the call up

#37-#93-#27* 10-23-2003 07:50 AM

He's not Ranger property anymore so probably Juniors.

NYR469 10-23-2003 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Where, in juniors or Hartford?

in juniors...he is still playing for Medicine Hat of the WHL...

he currently is not rangers property cause they didn't sign him due to his injury. he is a UFA, so hopefully if he shows he is healthy the rangers will sign him and bring him back into the mix since there is no reason he wasn't signed other than the fact that he was injured

kazo 10-23-2003 08:58 AM

I always liked his potential before the injury. A true power forward type along the lines of Garth Murray.

Edge 10-23-2003 09:45 AM

i dunno about a true powerforward but he is a heart and soul type.

He's more of a pest,irritator, then a power forward. i do think him and murray would look good together on a line though it depends on if Hollweg shows pre-injury form or not.

another kid who has impressed me again is Nigel Dawes.

cagney 10-23-2003 09:50 AM

Edge

Since you seem to see a lot of players I was wondering if you've seen Brandon Dubinsky of the Portland Winterhawks. He's draft eligible this year and has twice as many points as anyone else on his team but I haven't been able to get anybody's opinion of him. Do you know anything about him?

Edge 10-23-2003 10:38 AM

Well I saw Coburn a lot last year so i was focused on him but i do recall Dubinsky. I haven't seen him this season yet, but i likely will. What i do remember about him.

He is very tiny and light, i dont know if he's bulked up this year but i know he's smaller then listed, maybe Mike Yorkish size.

he's slippery but needs to get stronger, especially against big defenseman he doesnt stand a chance. if given the room to work with he is creative.

he isnt much of a goal scorer and from what i do remember, i dont think he had much of a shot, but he did see the ice very well.

i know this year his stats continue to back up that claim.

hes a bit toughier to predict because as you can see from the stats the hawks dont have any dynamic wingers right now.

i think his biggest drawback right now is size at 5'8ish 165 ish.

cagney 10-23-2003 11:32 AM

Thanks Edge.

LeServ 10-24-2003 06:03 PM

The guy I like this year is Kyle Chipchura from Prince Albert. Good size, great skater, hard worker, skilled and gritty. In fact, the P.A. Raiders are a whole lot more fun to watch than the New York Underachievers. They work hard and hit everything in sight.

Edge 10-24-2003 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeServ
The guy I like this year is Kyle Chipchura from Prince Albert. Good size, great skater, hard worker, skilled and gritty. In fact, the P.A. Raiders are a whole lot more fun to watch than the New York Underachievers. They work hard and hit everything in sight.

lol that is soo funy you should say that, my internet was dieing so i cut my message short but i am a big fan of his too.

Kid has hustle and nice size.