HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   This is going to create havoc...... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=221194)

facts 02-10-2006 03:34 PM

This is going to create havoc......

but, even though I love him and he is the best in the world- we should trade Forsberg. He will have huge value at the deadline- he could command several players and picks that could really help this team. I won't go into potentials but Vancouver and even the Avs would have alot to offer for him.
Again he is great but do you really see him here after next year? Gags is the main man here and we should support him. The young guys will be good but I think we could really improve with a deal of this stature. Let me have it.

RoDu 02-10-2006 03:41 PM

Only way I'd evan think of doing this is
A. the team tanks, and isn't a contender to make the playoffs
B. we get a huge return, rob some team ala. the Oates deal

Art Vandelay 02-10-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facts
but, even though I love him and he is the best in the world- we should trade Forsberg. He will have huge value at the deadline- he could command several players and picks that could really help this team. I won't go into potentials but Vancouver and even the Avs would have alot to offer for him.
Again he is great but do you really see him here after next year? Gags is the main man here and we should support him. The young guys will be good but I think we could really improve with a deal of this stature. Let me have it.

He's got a NTC, and you would not get enough back to motivate throwing in the towel for this season.

Dr Love 02-10-2006 03:43 PM

That would be a great way to attract future free agents. Argubably the best player in the world wanted to come here, and we trade him that year. Yeah, that'll work. And I think he has a NTC.

RJ8812* 02-10-2006 03:46 PM

lol what a stupid thread

Gert B Frobe 02-10-2006 03:48 PM

this is one of those threads that's like a car accident - you don't want to look but you're interested in a morbid sort of way

Or when somebody embarrasses themselves badly in front of their peers - you kind of get embarrassed for them

Makes me feel like I'm on the Penguins board

jb** 02-10-2006 03:48 PM

It is not as far fetched as some may think. Wonít happen thought unless peter ask for a trade as I am sure they have a gentlemenís agreement of some sort. I would think about it as I donít think they will win the cup this year, possible but to many holes right now. However I would wait until next seasonís deadline and if you donít think you can win the cup then trade him at that time if he ask for it and doesnít sign an extension.

facts 02-10-2006 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
lol what a stupid thread

nice response- typical though

DeleteThisAccount 02-10-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

The poster you quoted speaks the truth.

CharlieGirl 02-10-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
this is one of those threads that's like a car accident - you don't want to look but you're interested in a morbid sort of way

Or when somebody embarrasses themselves badly in front of their peers - you kind of get embarrassed for them

Makes me feel like I'm on the Penguins board

Nicely done!

RJ8812* 02-10-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

what do you mean? its true. gagne would practically be nothing if he didnt have forsberg setting him up, i bet you he'd have 15 goals atm w/o forsberg. forsberg is the type of player you need to win you the cup, trading him away would just be stupid

mikedifr 02-10-2006 04:41 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Close and delete this thread NOW!!!! Dont ever entertain this thought again!!!!!

phlacheesesteak 02-10-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

the only fact here is i will be sick if i read on...

discusting

too badthere arent any barfing smileys, id liter this thread with them if there were.

BloodOnTheIce 02-10-2006 05:18 PM

great we can package him with gagne, pitkanen, richards, carter, and nitty for Sean Burke

RANGERDIEHARD 02-10-2006 05:22 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is about; this is not a bad idea for you guys. Everyone is jumping all over the original poster for no reason here.

P.S. If you trade him can you please trade him to the Rangers - thanks in advance.

TheKingPin 02-10-2006 05:26 PM

Close this tread and penalize the creator. Forsberg is the guy you get to to keep and get you to and in the playoffs.

GKJ 02-10-2006 05:51 PM

enough