HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ZINOVJEV Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22135)

SToMper! 10-23-2003 09:13 AM

ZINOVJEV Recalled
 
http://www.bostonbruins.com/feature.asp

Looks as though we'll get to him skate tonight! Should be exciting!

neelynugs 10-23-2003 09:18 AM

sooner than i thought...wonder who gets the boot tonight :dunno:

i'll be unable to see the game, but expect solid updates from all of yooz

Gee Wally 10-23-2003 09:21 AM

excellant !!

I'm dying to se this kid play...hopefully it's an early Christmas present for Sergei !

:handclap:

Jean_Jacket41 10-23-2003 09:23 AM

Very good news!
Now put him with sammy and Lappy and see what he has to give.
Put Green with mccarthy and donato/grosek for now and than with zamuner, what a fourth line that would be.
The Thornton and Rolston line should be like this for the remainder of the year.
Man, we are deep and scarier each game!
And i really like this Bergeron kid. He's a player and i hope he'll stay for the year with the big club. I just can't see how the Bruins could send him back to juniors. I just can't see it...

Go B's!

Sleemans 10-23-2003 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
wonder who gets the boot tonight :dunno:

Grosek has been called up by the Pats after that long bomb he threw the other night. :D
Seriously though after all I've read about Zinovjev here on the boards, I'm really looking forward to seeing him play. :handclap:

prdbsfan 10-23-2003 09:26 AM

Who goes down? Anyone?

SToMper! 10-23-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prdbsfan
Who goes down? Anyone?

the article said that he fills the remaining open spot. so, it doesn't sound like anyone goes. Was there already one open when Stock went down?

Gee Wally 10-23-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SToMper!
the article said that he fills the remaining open spot. so, it doesn't sound like anyone goes. Was there already one open when Stock went down?

yeah..I remember there being an open roster spot when they sent him down..so for now it means just press box duty for somebody...

SToMper! 10-23-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Wally
yeah..I remember there being an open roster spot when they sent him down..so for now it means just press box duty for somebody...

They should also put Moran in the box and let Jurcina get a chance, but I doubt they'll do it tonight on the first home game after the long road trip.

Subban Fan 10-23-2003 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Very good news!
Now put him with sammy and Lappy and see what he has to give.
Put Green with mccarthy and donato/grosek for now and than with zamuner, what a fourth line that would be.
The Thornton and Rolston line should be like this for the remainder of the year.
Man, we are deep and scarier each game!
And i really like this Bergeron kid. He's a player and i hope he'll stay for the year with the big club. I just can't see how the Bruins could send him back to juniors. I just can't see it...

Go B's!

Man, you are scarier with Zinovjev in the lineup...now i'm afraid!!!

Jean_Jacket41 10-23-2003 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
Man, you are scarier with Zinovjev in the lineup...now i'm afraid!!!

Its not just zinovjev! its the team that is scary!
One of the best first line!
a great third line!
one of the best fourth line!
now if they can find offence with the second line with sammy, than we'll get a lot more wins than losses. a lot more!
If they decide to put Zinovjev with sammy and lappy and that line start to click, than the sens will have some competition for the first place in the division because that competition will not come from the habs (hahaha), the sabres or " the new Rangers" (leafs).
We are definitly a better team than last year!

Go B's!

amazingcrwns 10-23-2003 10:00 AM

This is great news. I might even have to give some credit to MOC for doing the smart thing with Zino... not taking him on the road trip so he has a chance to kind of get his bearings for an extra couple weeks and then call him up after the road trip. I wonder if MOC told Zino this was the plan while Zino was considering going back to Russia... I can't wait to see him tonight. I was very disappointed when he was sent down before the Rags preseason game. I was hoping to get a look at him then. 5 and a half hours until gametime, can't wait.

Subban Fan 10-23-2003 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Its not just zinovjev little smurf fan! its the team that is scary!
One of the best first line!
a great third line!
one of the best fourth line!
now if they can find offence with the second line with sammy, than we'll get a lot more wins than losses. a lot more!
If they decide to put Zinovjev with sammy and lappy and that line start to click, than the sens will have some competition for the first place in the division because that competition will not come from the habs (hahaha), the sabres or " the new Rangers" (leafs).
We are definitly a better team than last year!

Go B's!

What a team!!! :joker:

TheBigBadB 10-23-2003 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Komi#1
What a team!!! :joker:

Sorry he's not as good as "Little red Ryder Hood" :joker:

misterjaggers 10-23-2003 10:16 AM

Let's not over-hype Zino. He's not a reincarnation of the young Pavel Bure. Don't expect him to dazzle like Samsonov.

I think MOC is promoting him--before he can speak two words of English--because Zino's contract apparently allows him to return to Russia if he doesn't make the parent club. This complicates the Bruin's relationship with their rookie. It's an unusual circumstance.

Also, Sammy would benefit from the addition of a skilled linemate.

Otherwise, I suspect MOC would have let Zino spend more time in Providence getting acclimated. Under normal circumstance, why rush a good prospect?

TheBigBadB 10-23-2003 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazingcrwns
This is great news. I might even have to give some credit to MOC for doing the smart thing with Zino... not taking him on the road trip so he has a chance to kind of get his bearings for an extra couple weeks and then call him up after the road trip. I wonder if MOC told Zino this was the plan while Zino was considering going back to Russia... I can't wait to see him tonight. I was very disappointed when he was sent down before the Rags preseason game. I was hoping to get a look at him then. 5 and a half hours until gametime, can't wait.

I cant wait to see this guy either..I wanted to see him in preseason, but they sent him down..I was like Ugh...He was the guy I really wanted to see...I bet he plays great tonight...If Zino plays with Sammy, I bet he gets his first NHL point tonight...Go Zino!!!

SToMper! 10-23-2003 10:22 AM

Any P-Bruins people gotten a good look at Zino? Could he be that center that Sammy needs?
can't wait to see the game...

HockeyGoddess 10-23-2003 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SToMper!
Any P-Bruins people gotten a good look at Zino? Could he be that center that Sammy needs?
can't wait to see the game...

P. Bruinette and a couple others made mention of how he looked in Providence in a couple of the Providence game info threads during/after last weekend.

misterjaggers 10-23-2003 10:26 AM

You're going to be disappointed if you expect alot of razzle-dazzle.
Zino plays a solid two-way game. He's an excellent passer and stickhandler, but he's not going to play keep-away like Samsonov...

This is like trying to get the bartender's attention in a noisy nightclub...

HockeyGoddess 10-23-2003 10:29 AM

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...light=zinovjev

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.p...light=zinovjev

SToMper! 10-23-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterjaggers
You're going to be disappointed if you expect alot of razzle-dazzle.
Zino plays a solid two-way game. He's an excellent passer and stickhandler, but he's not going to play keep-away like Samsonov...

Isn't that exactly what we want to have to help Sammy? Not a Sammy clone, but someone who knows his game and how to get him the puck.

Gee Wally 10-23-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SToMper!
Isn't that exactly what we want to have to help Sammy? Not a Sammy clone, but someone who knows his game and how to get him the puck.


that's what I'm hoping for... and win his share of faceoffs and I'm happy.

bb74 10-23-2003 10:34 AM

So who is going to take the tough draws? Lapointe?

I'm glad he's getting in the lineup but we need a 2nd line C around 50% on the draws - anyone see how well he did in Prov on the draws?

Too bad he could not a get a couple of practices in before suiting up for the B's - although I am a believer, it would have been better to let him get to know the team a bit better as he didn't last that long in camp and still doesn't speak english - I'd look for Marty to be making strange faces all night with his 2 linemates speaking russian! :)

Good luck to the guys!

SToMper! 10-23-2003 10:35 AM

Thanks, HG. I like that highlight option.

misterjaggers 10-23-2003 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SToMper!
Isn't that exactly what we want to have to help Sammy? Not a Sammy clone, but someone who knows his game and how to get him the puck.

You're absolutely right. We don't need a Sammy clone.

Playing with Sammy isn't easy either. There are times when he still seems to confuse Thornton and Murray...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.