HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Allison waived-claimed by Florida (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=221684)

b'sfan19 02-12-2006 09:51 AM

Allison waived-claimed by Florida
 
The Nashville Predators have placed defenceman Jamie Allison on waivers. - The Nashville Tennessean


Making room for another Dman via Trade? :dunno:

barrytrotzsneck 02-12-2006 09:59 AM

it's part of our winter weight loss plan, trimming off the fat.

To be honest, he might simply have lost his spot to the strong play of Shea Weber.

SmokeyClause 02-12-2006 10:27 AM

I agree. If I had to guess, I think this clears the way for Weber.

barrytrotzsneck 02-12-2006 10:41 AM

The thing is...this doesn't really clear a spot. If it did, it would mean Suter or Weber would be riding the bench..and where's the sense in that? Allison rode the pine, and did it well. I'd rather have Suter or Weber playing full time in Milwaukee than sitting every other game.

triggrman 02-12-2006 10:50 AM

I wouldn't, every other game breaks Weber in before the playoffs, I like both getting NHL practice and game time.

Weber looked like a beast last night.

handtrick 02-12-2006 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I wouldn't, every other game breaks Weber in before the playoffs, I like both getting NHL practice and game time.

Weber looked like a beast last night.


I agree here Trig.....one of the big adjustments into the NHL is the long grind and how many of the rookies "hit the wall," especially with a long playoff run.

I think platooning Suter and Weber and potentially others with nagging injuries, and depending on who we are playing, would be my course of action at this point.
I would shy away from a big dman acquistion UNLESS the price was absolutely within reason and didn't mortgage the future.

At this point I am fine with what we have on the blueline going into the playoffs as long as Weber gets significant, reasonable playing time over the next 24 games.

triggrman 02-12-2006 12:44 PM

We have to also keep in mind that both markov and Zidlicky are a little prone to injuries, so they'll still get plenty of time.

SmokeyClause 02-12-2006 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
The thing is...this doesn't really clear a spot. If it did, it would mean Suter or Weber would be riding the bench..and where's the sense in that? Allison rode the pine, and did it well. I'd rather have Suter or Weber playing full time in Milwaukee than sitting every other game.

I don't think it's such a big deal with a little over 20 games left. It gives each a chance to play in intense late season NHL games and each a chance to rest and recharge their batteries during 4 games in 6 nights runs. And we all know there will be some injuries as the season progresses. With Timonen, Zidlicky, and Markov all figuring to play significant roles on possible medal teams, the ability to have fresher legs out there will help.

David Singleton 02-13-2006 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I don't think it's such a big deal with a little over 20 games left. It gives each a chance to play in intense late season NHL games and each a chance to rest and recharge their batteries during 4 games in 6 nights runs. And we all know there will be some injuries as the season progresses. With Timonen, Zidlicky, and Markov all figuring to play significant roles on possible medal teams, the ability to have fresher legs out there will help.

Besides NMK and Smokey, I get the feeling that if Weber continues to have strong games (maybe the next five games in a row), I think Suter is sent back to Milwaukee and Nashville deems Weber for the playoffs.

David

SmokeyClause 02-13-2006 09:51 AM

But will we run with 6 Dmen on our roster. Don't we usually carry 7 and dress 6? If we send Suter down, that'll leave us with Zids, Eaton, Markov, Hamhuis, Timonen, and Weber. Carrying 6 puts a lot of strain on the D when you make those long west coast trips. And we make that long trip right after the Olympics where Zids, Markov, and Timonen figure to have played substantial roles on their teams. Can't afford to lose anyone in that situation with no roster player set to fill the gap (and Suter would be useless if he has to play at all after a 4-7 hour flight that morning). I think it's better to keep Suter up and have him platoon with Weber. Weber looks good now, but after a few 4 games in 6 nights stretches at the NHL level, there's a good chance he'll do what Suter did and struggle.

Pattypred 02-13-2006 09:59 AM

I think the Preds will keep both Suter and Weber. If necessary, rotate them and then have fresh legs for when injuries occur. We all know that injuries will occur especially with 3 of our defensemen playing in the Olympics.

David Singleton 02-13-2006 10:24 AM

If Poile doesn't bring in any help at all on the blueline, then yes keep Suter up. Otherwise, send him down and let him play at Milwaukee.

David

sk84fun_dc 02-13-2006 04:39 PM

FYI,

The Florida Panthers have claimed defenceman Jamie Allison off waivers from the Nashville Predators, the club announced Monday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154801&hubname=nhl

Pred303 02-13-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc
FYI,

The Florida Panthers have claimed defenceman Jamie Allison off waivers from the Nashville Predators, the club announced Monday.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=154801&hubname=nhl

i have to admit this surprises me, i assumed allison would probably clear waivers

jstreet 02-13-2006 06:03 PM

well. ok. I dont understand why Florida would want him, he's not going to like being a healthy scratch down there anymore than he did here.

Just Joshin' 02-13-2006 07:27 PM

Could they be making room for Legwand? Thought he was suppost to return around the Olympic break.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.