HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Defence (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22199)

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN 10-23-2003 12:55 PM

Defence

Just out of curiosity, are Timmonen's days as number one offensive Dman numbered with the emergence of Zidlicky and Hamhuis? Or, do you see this situation similar to the one in NJ where you have more than one dman sharing the offensive load. I guess what I am asking is that after all the smoke clears in a year or two, will one of them emerge as the number one offensive Dman?

Enoch 10-23-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN
Just out of curiosity, are Timmonen's days as number one offensive Dman numbered with the emergence of Zidlicky and Hamhuis? Or, do you see this situation similar to the one in NJ where you have more than one dman sharing the offensive load. I guess what I am asking is that after all the smoke clears in a year or two, will one of them emerge as the number one offensive Dman?

Zidlicky is more talented in the offensive end. At least, this is what I have seen so far this season.

Radulov for Czar* 10-23-2003 02:12 PM

I wouldn't mind them sharing it.

PredsMan 10-23-2003 03:20 PM

Who says you can't have 2 or 3 defensemen that have offensive skills, as long as the play well in their own zone?

All 3 of them have shown the ability to play some quality D...I'm fine with them staying a while. :rolly:

Qubax 10-23-2003 04:35 PM

All 3 could be good...Eventually Hamhuis will be the guy loggin the most minutes....Zidlicky will be teh number one PP guy...Timonen will get more PP time then Hamhuis and yet Hamhuis will be the best Defender all around....

Hamhuis has like Norris potential...Where as Zidlicky has like Zubo potential...underrated but still very good....

biscuithead 10-24-2003 04:39 AM

Hamhuis might be the best all-round eventually. He can score, undress forwards and lay a thunderous hit.

Zids has better offensive skills than the others but may not be quite as good in his own end,

Kimo's a little less spectaular than the others but he's so smart and sees the ice so well. He's a big part of why Zids getting all those blasts at the net.

None of them are soley Offensive D-men so we ought to be able to utilize all three. :)

darth5 10-24-2003 11:36 AM

Agree, Hammy is closer to the total package than any guy that has played our blue line. Others exceed his skill in one particular area but not overall ceiling. He is still learning. That 2nd Atlanta goal was his bad. But, unlike some of the others that have donned a Preds uni, he will LEARN from this.

Overall, the D is really looking solid considering the extent of our rebuilding. Better than any outsider thought possible.