HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   OHL Draft 2006 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=222011)

ktownhockey 02-13-2006 01:54 PM

OHL Draft 2006

Hey this thread can be about the 2006 OHL draft. Any questions, comments, or player talk can be done here.

I currently work for a site and I have made a top 200. Alot of time and effort went into this list so let's keep it constructive. Im willing to answer any questions about players.

Here's the link, you can download the file from here free of charge:

http://hockeyprospectsonline.com/pag...&object_id=218

eaton28 02-13-2006 02:16 PM

i took a lot, seems good for a free service, i would rank Tyler Cuma higher, but that is just me

good work :clap::handclap:

ktownhockey 02-13-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eaton28
i took a lot, seems good for a free service, i would rank Tyler Cuma higher, but that is just me

good work :clap::handclap:

Thanks alot...

Yeah Cuma could be higher but sometimes they throw him up on forward so I takes away from me seeing him play D. Either way he's a very good defenceman with tremendous upside.

RUSqueelin 02-13-2006 09:07 PM

Mr. Philip McRae is rated pretty high (as he should be). How the heck are the Knights going to get this guy if they are drafting late in the round? Is he going to have to do the old "I'm not going to play in the O, I'm not going to play in the O, Knights pick - OK I'll play in the O". (His daddy is part owner in London for those you care)

Guess my question is, do you have any confirmation if all these players are going to commit to the OHL or what there intentions are. Or are you just strickly listing talent available.

ktownhockey 02-14-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSqueelin
Mr. Philip McRae is rated pretty high (as he should be). How the heck are the Knights going to get this guy if they are drafting late in the round? Is he going to have to do the old "I'm not going to play in the O, I'm not going to play in the O, Knights pick - OK I'll play in the O". (His daddy is part owner in London for those you care)

Guess my question is, do you have any confirmation if all these players are going to commit to the OHL or what there intentions are. Or are you just strickly listing talent available.

Yeah this list doesn't take any of those things into consideration. I just stick to the talent. Then when I make my final rankings I take most of those things into consideration.

Philip McRae I hear is either going to Sault Ste. Marie or London.... he'll probably black ball like most first rounders do. It's a shame but who's gonna stop them?

Metallian* 02-14-2006 02:23 AM

any 89's to keep an eye for?

hockeyhockeyhockey 02-25-2006 02:16 PM

90 Goalies ranking list

Is there a separate list for the top ranking goalies for 1990 birth year?

hockeyhockeyhockey 02-27-2006 01:45 PM

TOP 300 OHL Draft

I heard there are 300 players in the draft and then 100 more added late to make a total of 400, but only 300 are drafted..............so............ I see your list with the top 200 names, but do you have the names for the next 100 (300 total)?

Thanks

hockeyhockeyhockey 02-27-2006 02:03 PM

OHL List

How accurate is your list? Because on web site: www.thescoutingnews.com there was a reply that there are 300 drafted and 290 are from Canada and 10 from U.S.

On your list there's about 13 from U.S. in the top 200.

Just trying to get information!

Also there was a reply that (R.J.) Robert Heath is on the OHL draft for 2006, but I don't see his name on your list. So do you think he is in the top 300, since your list only goes to the top 200?

ktownhockey 03-01-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyhockeyhockey
How accurate is your list? Because on web site: www.thescoutingnews.com there was a reply that there are 300 drafted and 290 are from Canada and 10 from U.S.

On your list there's about 13 from U.S. in the top 200.

Just trying to get information!

Also there was a reply that (R.J.) Robert Heath is on the OHL draft for 2006, but I don't see his name on your list. So do you think he is in the top 300, since your list only goes to the top 200?

Our list is pretty accurate to draft positions come MAY. They are based on a mixture of what we think of players mixed with if they are on the draft list. There are kids on this list that are not on the draft list but most are.

200 was just our number for our rankings. Heath might be on the draft list but I have not seen him play therefore he could not go on my rankings.

Hockey scouting is hockey scouting

we are hockeyprospectsonline

both sites give there opinion that is all.

Boomhower 03-02-2006 05:47 PM

Wow, thanks for the list ktownhockey!

I had no idea McRae was so highly rated, I have a hard time believing he would report to anyone other than the Knights. I know in past interviews, Dino Ciccarelli has said he would never pick an owners son in the draft... but I don't know if that's the general feeling league wide or not. Either way nobody wants to get burned by their first selection not showing up....

I've heard Tucker Hunter rated a little higher and I think it's safe to assume he'll be selected a little higher, just to make sure the Knights end up with him.

Do you have any scouting reports on what kind of players Hunter and Mcrae are?
I'm assuming that McRae's game doesn't resemble the way his father played. :)

ktownhockey 03-05-2006 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomhower
Wow, thanks for the list ktownhockey!

I had no idea McRae was so highly rated, I have a hard time believing he would report to anyone other than the Knights. I know in past interviews, Dino Ciccarelli has said he would never pick an owners son in the draft... but I don't know if that's the general feeling league wide or not. Either way nobody wants to get burned by their first selection not showing up....

I've heard Tucker Hunter rated a little higher and I think it's safe to assume he'll be selected a little higher, just to make sure the Knights end up with him.

Do you have any scouting reports on what kind of players Hunter and Mcrae are?
I'm assuming that McRae's game doesn't resemble the way his father played. :)

Phil McRae is an offensive forward with good hands and good goal scoring abilities.. His skating is top notch for his age and although not huge he doesn't back away from the traffic areas.

Tucker Hunter is a hard working forward who I do think will get drafted higher than my list may state, but I was pretty much going off what I've seen out of him this year. He has good size, decent speed and competes every shift. He's not even close to being the most talented on his AAA club but he's an integral part of it and that should translate with the right coaching to the OHL level.

Boomhower 03-06-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktownhockey
Phil McRae is an offensive forward with good hands and good goal scoring abilities.. His skating is top notch for his age and although not huge he doesn't back away from the traffic areas.

Tucker Hunter is a hard working forward who I do think will get drafted higher than my list may state, but I was pretty much going off what I've seen out of him this year. He has good size, decent speed and competes every shift. He's not even close to being the most talented on his AAA club but he's an integral part of it and that should translate with the right coaching to the OHL level.

Awesome reports, just what I was looking for. I'm now crossing my fingers that the Knights can somehow find a way to get McRae.

Much appreciated!

ReLyT 03-10-2006 12:16 AM

link doesnt work :(

The Mailman* 03-15-2006 01:36 PM

weak draft for goalies

excellent :)

insider 03-15-2006 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSqueelin

You mean pull an Angelo Esposito ;)?

jwalk 03-25-2006 06:24 PM

Hey ktown

Hey ktown - How good do you think this Stamkos is ? How do you guys rate him in comparison to Phil McRae ? What chance is there that McRae will refuse to play in the O ?

ktownhockey 04-01-2006 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwalk
Hey ktown - How good do you think this Stamkos is ? How do you guys rate him in comparison to Phil McRae ? What chance is there that McRae will refuse to play in the O ?

Im glad you asked that question. Ive seen Stamkos alot more than McRae but both are excellent offensive hockey players. I think that McRae might be just as good of a goal scorer as Stamkos but I think Stamkos vision sets him apart, more specifically his passing.

Stamkos is unreal... the knock on him was his size and he's grown to about 6"0 165 now and in the OHL Cup he was throwing the body around when needed. It was good to see he's going to be a hell of an OHL player and I predict he will be going number 1 to Sarnia .... as Sarnia picked a D with the second pick last year Marc Katic.

April 14 my Draft guide will be on hockeyprospectsonline.com
if anyone wants to see it.

jwalk 04-01-2006 07:45 PM

Thanks

Thanks ktown. How do you guys rate this draft in terms of depth ? I have heard that this may be a very deep draft.

Prof_it 04-02-2006 08:50 AM

Ktown, great list- thanks for your efforts.

Have you heard if Jenks and Czarnik, the 2 Honeybaked players projected in the 1st round, will play in the O? They have both been rumored to the USNTDP and then to Michigan.

Jack Daniels 04-02-2006 08:45 PM

Blood Lines

Just wondering if someone could tell me if Michael Lomas is related to David Lomas and is Marcus Pepe related to Matt Pepe of the Kitchener Rangers?
Anyone have stats on these guys & where they rank in the draft?

Also are their any other younger siblings in the upcoming OHL draft?

CharlieGirl 04-02-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Daniels
Just wondering if someone could tell me if Michael Lomas is related to David Lomas and is Marcus Pepe related to Matt Pepe of the Kitchener Rangers?
Anyone have stats on these guys & where they rank in the draft?

Also are their any other younger siblings in the upcoming OHL draft?

Matt Lashoff's little brother (Brian?) is draft eligible this year. I don't know much about him though, other than he's a defenseman.

ReLyT 04-10-2006 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktownhockey
Hey this thread can be about the 2006 OHL draft. Any questions, comments, or player talk can be done here.

I currently work for a site and I have made a top 200. Alot of time and effort went into this list so let's keep it constructive. Im willing to answer any questions about players.

Here's the link, you can download the file from here free of charge:

http://hockeyprospectsonline.com/pag...&object_id=218

link doesn't work is their an updated one? Is the site still up?

Belizarius 04-10-2006 06:59 AM

It worked for me... :)

hockeyhockeyhockey 04-11-2006 04:48 PM

Does anybody know what AA and A means in the OHL Draft? My son received a letter from the OHL and on the bottom it says: Priority/AA-A.Feb 24

So I wonder if he is ranked AA or A since they are both on the letter?

Also, at the last prospects tournament in Canada there were letters and numbers on the roster passed out next to some of the players names like: 2a, c, 1b, 1.5b, O etc. I wonder what those letters and numbers mean?

My son had the letter "c" next to his name.

THANKS...... :dunno: