HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   niittymaki (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=223529)

goodrev 02-19-2006 04:29 PM

niittymaki
 
Nitty has 2 shut outs and 2 goals allowed in 3 games for finland, today he shut out canada making 37 saves. Who was it that got fresh when i said at least finland got it right in starting nitty?? right well when finland walks away with gold or silver i guarantee he is gunna be looking at some playing time when he gets back to the states

Eb0la11 02-19-2006 04:32 PM

He should win the vezina. I mean Team Finlands defence has been impeccable, but hes been the main reason.... :dunno: He has been playing well, but I think the real reason he's had so much success is the team effort Finland is putting in.

Jeepers Creeper 02-19-2006 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
Nitty has 2 shut outs and 2 goals allowed in 3 games for finland, today he shut out canada making 37 saves. Who was it that got fresh when i said at least finland got it right in starting nitty?? right well when finland walks away with gold or silver i guarantee he is gunna be looking at some playing time when he gets back to the states

He made 25 saves against Canada, and 37 against Czech.

Miracle80 02-19-2006 05:08 PM

I was thinking to my self the whole game.....is he trying to send a message to Hitch?? I've been on the Nitti bandwagon all along, I think he should be our starter.

sansan 02-19-2006 05:13 PM

Good defense + good goaltending wins championships. Niitty's doing his job making all the saves he should and quite a few that he shouldn't. I think this is going to be great for his confidence.

capn89* 02-19-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansan
Good defense + good goaltending wins championships. Niitty's doing his job making all the saves he should and quite a few that he shouldn't. I think this is going to be great for his confidence.

That's the difference between good/average goalies and great/allstar goalies. You look at guys like Brodeur, Luongo and such, they make the saves they SHOULD and some they shouldn't. It's just a shame when an average guy like Esche gets beaten on every shot he shouldn't stop, there's always an excuse. I have said all along, Niitty all the way, and I stick with it.

goodrev 02-19-2006 05:22 PM

we should start a petition and send it to hitch

Broad st phantom 02-19-2006 05:59 PM

Nitty will get that spot. Hitch just seems to tend to his vets more; just his way working it i guess. Yes, nitty does deserve the spot.

With nitty its as soon as he's warmed up he's stopping everything

Gert B Frobe 02-19-2006 08:17 PM

I hope Hitch has the brains to start the right goaltender for the rest of the season

Roger's Pancreas* 02-19-2006 08:22 PM

I'm on NHLs website right now and it reminds me just how sweet Frank's mask it.

If US doesn't medal, I'll definately be cheering for Finland. I can't very well cheer for Canada, McCabes on the team.

TheKingPin 02-19-2006 09:20 PM

Is it just me or did Hitchcock have a little smile when when Nitty stoned Iginla on a break away and they showed the Canada bench. He saw first hand what Nitty can do. The spot is his for the taking.

And by the way Finland did have a great D, but so will we when everyone gets back. The fact that Nitty can stop breakaways on Iginla and Nash is a great sign. Cant wait for the season to start again!!! :yo:

BobbyClarkeFan16 02-19-2006 09:23 PM

Niittymaki has been absolutely stellar at the Olympics. He might just get a grand slam when you think of it.....AHL Championship, Olympic Gold Medal, and backstopping the Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup championship. Kiss Esche goodbye right now. Niittymaki just won the starter's role.

FlyersFanJS 02-19-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
we should start a petition and send it to hitch

just tell me where to sign...GO NIITY!!

GameFace247SON 02-19-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
we should start a petition and send it to hitch

yeah, and while we're at it I'll fedex some sour grapes to robert esche :propeller

easton122 02-19-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eb0la11
He should win the vezina. I mean Team Finlands defence has been impeccable, but hes been the main reason.... :dunno: He has been playing well, but I think the real reason he's had so much success is the team effort Finland is putting in.

Go home.

daynus 02-19-2006 10:53 PM

from a candian flyer fans P.O.V.
 
i was dropping a few f bombs, my country men are dropping like enron shares. but everytime i saw nitty and the flyers mask i was like, man he is our goalie and at least well if we were gonna get shutout something us canadians are freaking out about, at least it was to the team with the great young flyers goalie.

sansan 02-19-2006 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daynus
i was dropping a few f bombs, my country men are dropping like enron shares. but everytime i saw nitty and the flyers mask i was like, man he is our goalie and at least well if we were gonna get shutout something us canadians are freaking out about, at least it was to the team with the great young flyers goalie.

That brought a tear.....

panayiotis 02-19-2006 11:35 PM

dont bet on it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountaineer
I hope Hitch has the brains to start the right goaltender for the rest of the season

He has buried all the rookies :handclap: I think he has a thang for Esche. :confused:

JussiM 02-20-2006 02:19 AM

A real quickie: where does "Frank" come from? :help:

goodrev 02-20-2006 02:22 AM

frank nitty is on his helmet, he was a hit man for al capone, and because they call him nitty, they call him frank

JussiM 02-20-2006 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
frank nitty is on his helmet, he was a hit man for al capone, and because they call him nitty, they call him frank

Okay, that explains it. Thanks. :)

CB420 02-20-2006 04:23 AM

This dude really is impressive, im from edmonton so we dont see alota flyers games except a few, so from the games ive seen him play he doesnt look like he has a weakness, he' agile his quickness laterlly and abillity to read plays i noticed was awesome vs team Canada, his rebound controll is decent he makes the first save alot, hes gonna be an allstar he should be the #1 in philly wen playoffs start, altho hes still a rookie hes better then esche.

bobbyboucher24 02-20-2006 05:42 AM

I think Hitch will continue to split time between the 2 when the season re-starts. But come playoff time, this looks like Niitty's job for the taking.

orangeandblack 02-20-2006 09:06 AM

nitty's proven hes a big game player; calder cup last year, olympics this year. what a selection by clarke and his staff, and even better that he did not trade him at the deadline previously. hopefully this builds his confidence tremendously and he gets the majority of the starts when the season resumes. if he plays like this in the playoffs, he may be the lights out goalie we've lacked in our playoff runs in the past decade.

Coburnfan05 02-20-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I'm on NHLs website right now and it reminds me just how sweet Frank's mask it.

If US doesn't medal, I'll definately be cheering for Finland. I can't very well cheer for Canada, McCabes on the team.

Yeah but so is Gagne. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.