HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Esche to start V the Russians (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=223709)

Cmoneyflyguy 02-20-2006 12:07 PM

Esche to start V the Russians

Per tim Pinnacchio.
Sorry of this is a repost

slebbeog 02-20-2006 12:57 PM

Esche has to outplay that unbelieveably skilled and dangerous offence the russians have... and while at it, he has to par and raise Niittymäki's performance.

Hitchcock oughta be watching. :sarcasm:

Jester 02-20-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zambonidriver²
Esche has to outplay that unbelieveably skilled and dangerous offence the russians have... and while at it, he has to par and raise Niittymäki's performance.

Hitchcock oughta be watching. :sarcasm:

i'm sure Hitch has enough on his plate... but i would be shocked if he isn't paying attention to what Flyer players (particularly the goalies) are up to.

Coburnfan05 02-20-2006 01:25 PM

All I know is, that after his appearences in the Olympics thus far Nitty has to be our number 1 option.

Vikke 02-20-2006 01:31 PM

Then there's a chance/risk of US not making the QF's. Wow.

Lupul* 02-20-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikke
Then there's a chance/risk of US not making the QF's. Wow.

USA is in the QF's unless Latvia can make up an 18 goal differential.

Roger's Pancreas* 02-20-2006 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicto10

:biglaugh:

Sorry but that's friggin impossible, even more impossible than US losing to Belarus.

Rolex 02-20-2006 02:18 PM

The decision to use Esche is troubling. Di Pietro put on a quality exhibition against the Swedes and earned the right to continue in nets. If this is Team USA's coaching staff's idea of PC playing time, it is unfortunate. The idea is to win games. With Esche in the nets against the Russians its going to be a long night for the USA if he gives up his usual amount of rebounds.

Lupul* 02-20-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolex
The decision to use Esche is troubling. Di Pietro put on a quality exhibition against the Swedes and earned the right to continue in nets. If this is Team USA's coaching staff's idea of PC playing time, it is unfortunate. The idea is to win games. With Esche in the nets against the Russians its going to be a long night for the USA if he gives up his usual amount of rebounds.

They probably just want to give DiPietro some rest so he can do well in the games that count. USA can't move up or down a spot anymore so this game doesn't matter. It only matters for Russia.

Dig Out Your Soul 02-20-2006 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rolex

The turnaround to the QF game is very quick, less than 20 hours I think. Esche is starting so DP is rested for the REAL game.

DeleteThisAccount 02-20-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Thank you, Nicto10. That was the joke. ;)

Lupul* 02-20-2006 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battousai

Oh, right. :shakehead

Vikke 02-20-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battousai

Thanks, Bat :)

Gert B Frobe 02-20-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

They probably just want to give DiPietro some rest so he can do well in the games that count. USA can't move up or down a spot anymore so this game doesn't matter. It only matters for Russia.

Add Esche to those facts and the US will get shelled (though I hope not...)

Winston Wolf 02-20-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
i'm sure Hitch has enough on his plate...

Hitch can never have enough on his plate.

PerennialII 02-21-2006 12:36 AM

damn, probably means won't see the dream QF of Nitty versus Esche come true ......

TheKingPin 02-21-2006 09:53 PM

Does the whole world know Esche is weak along the ice far post? Unless Nitty goes of the end in the last three games I think he will be the starter.

Dig Out Your Soul 02-21-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Does the whole world know Esche is weak along the ice far post? Unless Nitty goes of the end in the last three games I think he will be the starter.

You mean the Kovalev goal? About a foot off the ice, over the pad, blocker side? That's where most goalies (mostly butterfly goalies) are being beat this year, even the incomperable Niittymaki has been beaten by that shot many times this year.

TheKingPin 02-21-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
You mean the Kovalev goal? About a foot off the ice, over the pad, blocker side? That's where most goalies (mostly butterfly goalies) are being beat this year, even the incomperable Niittymaki has been beaten by that shot many times this year.

I disagree, that is Esches big down fall, aside from rebounds. Everyone shots there on him most just missing by an inch, watch the next game he plays you'll see. Plus I heard on post game live that teams have scouted that out on him.

sansan 02-21-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

He was out of position and admitted it after the game (which surprised me sorta). Definitely one that he wanted back. Just couldn't come up with the big save to help out his teammates and give them a little confidence. Can't really BLAME him for the other goals but he seriously was unimpressive in his one and only chance to make an impact during this tournament. I doubt Esche sees the ice the rest of the way if the US goes deep (which is doubtful).

Dig Out Your Soul 02-21-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

I disagree, that is Esches big down fall, aside from rebounds. Everyone shots there on him most just missing by an inch, watch the next game he plays you'll see. Plus I heard on post game live that teams have scouted that out on him.

Try watching some NHL shootouts. Players shoot there at least 1 out of the 3 shots, if not more. Every goalie is weak in that spot, and every announcer or media person has been talking about it all year.

As much as you don't like Esche, it's not just his downfall, it's a lot of goalies'.

Complaining Customer 02-21-2006 10:57 PM

http://www.torino2006.org/FRE/PDF/C85A_IHM400000.pdf

I know stats don't tell everything, but that page makes Esche REALLY look bad... I hope Niitty can keep up his excellent play, that's pretty impressive.

Roger's Pancreas* 02-21-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complaining Customer
http://www.torino2006.org/FRE/PDF/C85A_IHM400000.pdf

I know stats don't tell everything, but that page makes Esche REALLY look bad... I hope Niitty can keep up his excellent play, that's pretty impressive.

Suprisingly, he's done worse.

TheKingPin 02-21-2006 11:47 PM

Quote:

Try watching some NHL shootouts. Players shoot there at least 1 out of the 3 shots, if not more. Every goalie is weak in that spot, and every announcer or media person has been talking about it all year.

As much as you don't like Esche, it's not just his downfall, it's a lot of goalies'.

I do like Esche, I actually have his jersy. The move that people do on goalies is skating once direction and then shoting back the other way in that spot that we were talking about. I have yet to see someone take a slap shot from above the circle yet, so that is a mute point anyway.

Dig Out Your Soul 02-22-2006 01:33 AM

Quote:

I do like Esche, I actually have his jersy. The move that people do on goalies is skating once direction and then shoting back the other way in that spot that we were talking about. I have yet to see someone take a slap shot from above the circle yet, so that is a mute point anyway.

My bad, it seemed like you, along with most people, have this huge hate-on for Esche and a huge hard-on for Nitty, when in fact they've been just as good and bad over the course of the season.