HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who's the next to leave the Twin Cities? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22401)

theo6060 10-24-2003 05:51 AM

Who's the next to leave the Twin Cities?

If I missed someone just add vote other and specify who you think.

ceber 10-24-2003 06:53 AM

I went with Darby, but only because of the healthy scratches. He's looked ok in the games he's been in. Decent defensive play, brings some energy to the ice. *shrug*

(If the next guy leaves because Dupuis or Gaborik comes back, I think Daigle might be on the short list, but that's just a feeling.)

Dan-o 10-24-2003 07:45 AM

I'm gonna go out on a shaky limb and suggest that a d-man will be the next to go. We've only got 7 on the roster right now, but I think that Roche would be the next to be demoted. We've got a pretty set stable of five d-men and Schultz would get the 6th spot right now. Assuming Mitchell is o.k., I think there is much more competition for the forward positions and that each player has staked a better claim to the team than Roche has.

But my "out-in-left-field" prediction would be Schultz. I don't think it'll be anybody that would need to clear waivers or that they cared about keeping. As for Roche, if he gets demoted again, I think his time in MN will be pretty much over. What else can he learn in Houston? And I'm sure he'd rather try another organization at that point too.

aylib 10-24-2003 08:24 AM

Alex Henry.

ceber 10-24-2003 08:43 AM

I say good call on the D-men ideas. That "feels" right to me.

strib 10-24-2003 09:12 AM

I agree with AYLIB. We have 8 defence men right now and Henry looked like a pilon against Calgary the other night. He becomes the next one to be waived. Roche would have to clear waivers and if so will get a shot with another club.

Dan-o 10-24-2003 09:44 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about Henry. IMO, that makes it even more likely that a d-man will get the hook.

By the way, who the hell picked Bruno? If I have to read one more post about his speed, I'm gonna puke. (Of course now the person who picked him probably won't admit it). I'll wait to find out who picked him and why before getting into it again.

thestonedkoala 10-24-2003 10:03 AM

I am really mixed about who is going to be sent down next. I think a huge shakeup is in order and to show that NO ONE I mean no one is safe. I might wager Laaksonen or Park but they are fan favorites along with Hendrickson (:rant: ). Dowd is the team captain, Walz is shakey. Daigle might be it but I don't know. Roche and Henry are both pilons and can't play D. So it's hard. Why don't we send down 5 of our guys? Roche, Henry, Henrickson, Dowd, and Park and bring up five guys?

DW 10-24-2003 10:17 AM

Alex Henry-definite non-factor for the Wild. More for the Aeros IMO.

I think Roche, Hendrickson, Daigle are all in the same boat. But if Henry goes, Roche sticks for atleast awhile. If Daigle picks up his production, he might just stick after all this contract garbage. That could leave the "favorite son" to be the next one.

theo6060 10-24-2003 11:10 AM

I should have made this more specific. I meant which player does everyone think will be either waived or traded (not sent down). My bad. That's why I put the two goalies on.

Blackadder 10-24-2003 12:16 PM

How would waiving Henry work? Since we just claimed him from waivers, does he return to his old team or is he ours now and waiving him is just like waiving anyone else (i.e. 3 days then to houston)?

I figure he's on the short list of probables since he has no history here and didn't really impress me when he played.

Daigle is possible. Moose has more points than him so far, which is never a good sign for someone supposed to bring offence.

For the most part, I'm not sure I care all that much. I have no real emotional attachment to anyone in particular on the team. I just wanna be entertained when I watch them which hasn't been the case thus far.

CechMY5HOLEman-ek! 10-24-2003 01:46 PM

Alex Henry is the guy I'd send down to Houston. In his one appearance, so far, he was no better than I had imagined he'd be. That is to say he was more or less a pylon. Perhaps management thinks they can make him better ala the improvement (albeit no where near earth shattering) shown in the likes of Johnson and Brown. Even so, I don't see the talent/ability for him to be anything more than a fringe depth player. Having said that, I really don't see the point in having him around unless we are trying to lose games. Though I am not that fond of him, Roche (please show me something...anything? :dunno: ) is better and even though he's probably not quite ready, I'd rather see Michalek up here than Henry.

I'm also losing my patience with Daigle. He was not impressive in pre-season at all, but the first couple of regular season games he looked pretty good. He actually seemed to be going into the fray a bit more (not a ton but noticeably more for him...a guy known for his soft play). Now he seems to be back to his original scared to get his face dirty self.

Maid Marian is like that too, but not to the extent Daigle is and let's face it, it's acceptable when you actually put up points consistently (or in Gaborik's case, consistently for half a season :p ). If Daigle can't manage to put up points he's useless IMO.

Of course there are others I'd like to see leave the team too cou(Barby)gh!!!

It will be VERY interesting to see what happens if the team continues to struggle in the standings (w/ or w/o the holdouts signing) as far as youth vs. vets.

DW 10-24-2003 01:53 PM

It wasn't but a week+ ago that I read an article with DR making a statement on the lines that they had some tough decisions in the near future. To me, this means that there will be some turnover on this team with more frequent callups of younger players. Unless there is a miraculous turnaround soon.

MN_Gopher 10-24-2003 02:46 PM

I think Roche will get more of a try out. He is OK for being an NHL rookie, he has improved. I think that Brunette will will be the next to go. He has shown is abilty to pass, cycle, and really turn up his play when the game gets tough. If GAB and Dupuis are long holdouts the playoffs are out of reach and we could get a pick for brunno. I like the wilds drafting better than the chance at getting a project prospect. Bye Brunno hello open spot. If GAB and Dupuis sign within the week, i think he will stay and Henry will go back on the waiver wire.

aylib 10-24-2003 03:23 PM

I would much rather have the follwing forwards leave prior to Bruno: Dowd, Hendrickson, Laaksonen, Daigle.
That is only a reply to the "Bye Bruno, hello open spot" comment. I know they might not have the same trade value, but IMO the above mentioned players are more of spot takers (not a whole lot more than simply filling the void) than Brunette, who unfortuantely isnt producing at the moment.

MN_Gopher 10-24-2003 06:45 PM

I like brunno a lot, but if we are headed south then i would like to see some young talent come in. he is one of our better players but in the next year or two, Koivu will be here, we will see what Veillieux, Wallin, Wanvig, Hannula, are about; PM and Burns will only get better. He is IMO our best vet and so the best trade bait. So what do you do. trade a player maybe get a young big D man. it worked with O'Donnell for Mitchell. Daigle gets another goal tonight. I think no one is sold on the guy. He can score and only time will tell if he is a Suckinsky or not. Darby is a top center men on pen kills, Dowd wears the A and the occasional C, Antti is a steady F, pen kill time and he scored a goal tonight. And Brunno is more of a set up guy, with no one to finish his corner work and clean passes he is the low man out. If we had a go to guy(GAB, Dupuis) he is more valuable. We have a team full of passers add in Zholtok, PM and with Brunno. They all have their respective roles and i just think with the way the season is going brunno would be the one to go. But not waiver wire.

Who knows the season is only 9 games old so someone may come up big and lead us to the promised land, quoth B.

DW 10-25-2003 06:34 AM

Now that Dupuis has signed, we'll get to see who the odd man out has become. Hopefully, we do a trade this time. Maybe we can get a late draft pick or something. Late as in 7,8,9. I'm hoping, but it's not likely.

aylib 10-25-2003 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
Now that Dupuis has signed, we'll get to see who the odd man out has become. Hopefully, we do a trade this time. Maybe we can get a late draft pick or something. Late as in 7,8,9. I'm hoping, but it's not likely.

Lets trade Dupuis :D

DW 10-25-2003 12:09 PM

Quote:

Lets trade Dupuis
:lol:

Oh yeah, that would go over real well with some Wild fans. Maybe we could trade him for a Minnesotan so we can have one on the team after Monday. :D :joker:

aylib 10-25-2003 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
:lol:

Oh yeah, that would go over real well with some Wild fans. Maybe we could trade him for a Minnesotan so we can have one on the team after Monday. :D :joker:

We already got one, but the problem he isnt in the lineup everyday, now if we can get one and instert in the lineup whenever Darby isnt playing...Yeah, right.
We spent 3rd pick on Johnson, I wouldnt mind seeing us get a 7th for Henry. That will never happen though.

DW 10-25-2003 03:51 PM

Here's a name for you. Burns to the IR? He just came up injured with an upper body injury. I must have missed that. Seems very convenient all of a sudden, but that's the conspiracy theorist in me. We'll see what happens with Burns when Dupuis comes back. I'm hoping the Wild are just trying to make room for Dupuis and hold off on making a decision on some of the vets instead of an actuall injury to Burns. We'll see if he goes on the IR Sunday.

DW 10-27-2003 04:18 PM

Too Bad I can't seem to get those lottery #'s down. :dunno:

Well, quite an interesting day. I was going to post something over at wild.com, but I didn't know which post to use. :rolly:

It's looking like it could be awhile if anything will be resolved with #10. If at all. So I guess this will be the team for the better part of the year. Personally, I'm expecting a revolving door in a few months with the lower handful of players. I'm not expecting big trades or the Wild to fall of the face of the earth either. Just pretty much what I have seen in the last few games: which is about two goals a game and lots of low scoring affairs. I'm hoping the Wild goaltenders can pick up there game and keep us in games. We'll have to see how things go.

Just so people know, it will not be the end of the world if things don't get worked out. He is the best player the Wild have however. And if the decide to move him, then so be it. I just hope I don't have to keep reading little things about an announcement coming soon again. I wish he would just play that extra game overseas so this could all end for this season. I would much rather prefer that Wild fans talk about players that are playing on the team now. There is nothing we can do that will make this situation end sooner. But the endless complaining on wild.com is just too much. Every thread turns into this debate.

Ahh, I feel a little better. Sorry for the babbling and ranting, but I just needed to vent once, somehwere, just not over there. Don't want to be called a fair-weather fan, if you know what mean.

ceber 10-28-2003 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DW
Just so people know, it will not be the end of the world if things don't get worked out. He is the best player the Wild have however. And if the decide to move him, then so be it. I just hope I don't have to keep reading little things about an announcement coming soon again. I wish he would just play that extra game overseas so this could all end for this season. I would much rather prefer that Wild fans talk about players that are playing on the team now. There is nothing we can do that will make this situation end sooner. But the endless complaining on wild.com is just too much. Every thread turns into this debate.

That about sums up my thoughts on this (I've pretty much given up posting on the wild.com boards, but I can't help but skim the threads still.. I should just go cold turkey).

I'm pretty unhappy about the situation, but I guess these things happen. It's a bit worse for us than, for example, Edmonton with Comrie, because we don't really have any other guys to take up the slack. Not even with the points, but with the "star quality" player attention, if you know what I mean. Maybe Bouchard, but I dunno. He's looked good so far, but the whole team has been so 'off' it's hard to really judge any performance. Perhaps when things start to click a little better, Bouchard will emerge a bit more. Bouchard and Dupuis could probably combine for some pretty nice action on the ice, I suppose. I'm worried about Dupuis, though. I liked him a lot his first full season with the Wild, even though his stats weren't as good as last season. I thought he made a great 2nd-3rd line winger. Good energy, nothing too flashy, but an exciting shot. Really looked like he put in a good, consistent effort and could make things happen against the right players. I think he's one of those guys that can play much better when the whole team is doing well. The way things are going now, I worry he'll be expected to do too much. Probably not from the team, but certainly from the fans. I just hope he doesn't get too much pressure to produce until he's back into the swing of things.
(that was even more babbling.. maybe less ranting, but more babbling. :))

ceber 10-28-2003 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceber
I've pretty much given up posting on the wild.com boards, but I can't help but skim the threads still.. I should just go cold turkey.

Or maybe not. Just saw someone had posted (reposted, I guess) this link:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/506/4178802.html

I like that one.

Lake Harriet 10-28-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Walz is shakey.

Really? It was the consenus in the media and on this board during the playoffs last year that Walz was the Wild's second best player. There weren't even any dissenters. He was the No. 1 center gelling well with Gaborik. Jacques loves the guy. The only issue is whether he's used to shaddow the opposition's star or in a more offensive role. Outside shot he could be traded at the deadline if the Wild is out of the playoff picture this year or next. Other than that, no way.