Most Disappointing Players
Just curious to see which players currently wearing the Isles uniform have disappointed to some extent.
Here are my choices
1. Weimer - Just doesn't bring much to the table. Very docile and not an offesive threat at all.
2. Ninnamaa - Very spotty and not worth all the hype. Good player to offload for a more physical pkg.
3. Papineau - Just can't kick start it in the regular season, good moves but holds it a little too long at the Nhl level.
Bergeheim won't stay too much longer. His defensive positioning needs alot of work. Yesterdays 2nd goal has him on the right of the faceoff circle with no Canadiean around. Easy pass for Robiero to the slot as no one was there.
1) Hamrlik-huge, huge dissapointment, should be our#1 Dman, but playing like he doesn't care much. Not showing any leadership, and just playing like a #3/4 Dman. I think he'll wake up later in the season.
2) Bates-even though I dont really expect much from him, he hasn't been playing well. Is not doing things he did 1st year.
3) Niinimaa-hes been steady but I expected more from him.
Still too early for me to break it down to individuals outside of obivious giveaways by the goaltenders. Losing Scatchard makes things much tougher because they do need a third scoring line and did need it last season.
Technically speaking, the Isles have been playing games on and off for over a month. Last night they lost their second game and they did not play a terrible game. (few icings, two penalties) Have to give the opposition some credit for their defense and what they were doing going into that game.
When the Isles are off you see constant icings, a parade of undisciplined penalties and few quality chances to go with not being able to put two passes together and a lot of offsides.
niinimaa is not overhyped. he's our best dman, and so far has played like our no 2 behind aucoin. niinimaa has probably saved three goals for ricky thus far, possibly five on two 'maybe it was going to go in' shots. he's giving up some odd-man rushes but it's early in the season, he's in a different system, and he has to fit in on a pp where he's not getting the time he deserves. but we still have not seen niinimaa's a game.
comments on weimer are fair, but there isnt much out there i would want in exchange for him. asham is day by day making weimer less noticeable.
too early to tell...
however, i agree with 'brain' - Asham is not only making Wiemer unnoticeable, but expendable...
niinimaa is playing well, but has not reached his best yet...give him time. he's gonna stay b/c i think MM's underlying reason for trading to get him was that Hamrlik is in his last year with the Isles...MM not gonna pay him 4.5 or 5 mil p/y...not gonna happen.
Bates-hasn't played hungry,aggressive hockey since his 1st yr.
Hamrlik-the team's highest paid d-man needs to step up his play,especially since he's pushing for an extension.
Weimer-not worth the $1.6m he's making.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.|
vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.