HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Staal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=224201)

RangerFan_48 02-22-2006 11:44 AM

Staal

I was just reading another post and it kept saying that Stall can't play in Hartford. How come? Anybody know?

SML 02-22-2006 11:49 AM

He's not old enough. He's 19 and still has junior eligibility.

Doyle 02-22-2006 11:49 AM

Hes under 20, Philly had the same problem with Richards and Carter last year, they cud only play in the playoffs because they were too young.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-22-2006 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerFan_48
I was just reading another post and it kept saying that Stall can't play in Hartford. How come? Anybody know?

He's too young.

Davisian 02-22-2006 11:51 AM

There was an incident that involved a couple of strippers and the shocker technique.

The United Federation of Strippers and Pole Dancers 101 Union has a lot of "pull" in Connecticut, so Staal has to steer clear of the Constitution state..

RangerFan_48 02-22-2006 12:21 PM

So you can play in the NHL at 18 but not the AHL? Why is that?

Choice 02-22-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

So you can play in the NHL at 18 but not the AHL? Why is that?

To protect the major junior leagues so they dont lose all their players.

Lundqvist102 02-22-2006 12:47 PM

Wait question question..I recall that DP played AHL hockey when he was in his teens..Am i just wrong or was there an exception?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-22-2006 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
Wait question question..I recall that DP played AHL hockey when he was in his teens..Am i just wrong or was there an exception?

DP wasn't playing juniors. He was in the NCAA.

RangerFan_48 02-22-2006 12:51 PM

Who is DP and what is NCAA?

Davisian 02-22-2006 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundqvist102

They can go to the AHL team when their Junior team's season is done, so some show up in AHL playoffs.

But I'm dissapointed in you people. The Stripper/shocker story was solid, and you all ruined it..

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-22-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Who is DP and what is NCAA?

DP = Rick DiPietro

NCAA = College Hockey

Choice 02-22-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davisian
They can go to the AHL team when their Junior team's season is done, so some show up in AHL playoffs.

But I'm dissapointed in you people. The Stripper/shocker story was solid, and you all ruined it..

Im missing something. Is Staal known to administer THE SHOCKER?

BigCanada77 02-22-2006 01:54 PM

haha, the shocker is infamous. Hopefully, we wont have to worry about this with Staal next year ;)...uh in regards to Hartford. Not the shocker..

b0mBa 02-22-2006 02:00 PM

But on topic, does anybody think Sather is holding off on any acquisitions of dmen because he expects Staal to join the team after his junior season is over? Even with his inexperience he should be able to log more usefull minutes than Struds.

Choice 02-22-2006 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0mBa
But on topic, does anybody think Sather is holding off on any acquisitions of dmen because he expects Staal to join the team after his junior season is over? Even with his inexperience he should be able to log more usefull minutes than Struds.

I dont think anyone expects Staal to join the Rangers when his junior season is over. I think they expect him to join the Pack. They probably do expect him in NY next season though.

b0mBa 02-22-2006 02:20 PM

There was talk some time ago about this scenario being possible. I dont see it being unrealistic seeing as to how Staal couldve made the team out of this past years camp.

RGY 02-22-2006 02:22 PM

Staal is gonna be up with the big club after his junior season ends this year. Instead of wasting prospects/picks on a player like Mitchell, they should and probably will bring Staal up as that defensive upgrade everyone believes we so badly need just because we dont have big names on our blueline even though they have done a great job all year long.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-22-2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
Staal is gonna be up with the big club after his junior season ends this year. Instead of wasting prospects/picks on a player like Mitchell, they should and probably will bring Staal up as that defensive upgrade everyone believes we so badly need just because we dont have big names on our blueline even though they have done a great job all year long.

I just can't be comfortable with the idea that a kid who is yet to play a NHL game is going to step in and solidify the blueline for a team that is headed to the playoffs. It's just too much to ask of him. And its not putting him in a situation to be succesful.

Choice 02-22-2006 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I just can't be comfortable with the idea that a kid who is yet to play a NHL game is going to step in and solidify the blueline for a team that is headed to the playoffs. It's just too much to ask of him. And its not putting him in a situation to be succesful.

I agree. Its not common to just take a kid and throw him right into the Stanley Cup playoffs fire. If they thought he was ready for that, why wouldn't they just call him up right now?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-22-2006 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
I agree. Its not common to just take a kid and throw him right into the Stanley Cup playoffs fire. If they thought he was ready for that, why wouldn't they just call him up right now?

I have no problem if they play him in a few games when his juniors season is over but to look to him to upgrade the defense on the whole is not realistic. And it would not be fair to ask that of him.

RGY 02-22-2006 02:29 PM

That may be true but he is a big guy and he played average in the preseason games before the season. I would think that his game has improved since then and he has gotten a little bigger. Marc has all the tools to step in right now. Depending on how fast his junior season ends, the more games he would be able to get in before the playoffs start for the Rangers. Staal could bring much needed offense and size to the blueline. He is ready to step up and take his shot. The Rangers need him more than Hartford does plus again I'd rather let him step in because I think he's ready than to trade prospects/picks for another defenseman.

RGY 02-22-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice

They cant call him up right now because his junior season isnt over, otherwise I think they would.

Choice 02-22-2006 02:31 PM

What I dont understand is if they think he could help the Rangers now, which i doubt, why not call him up? Why would his junior season have to end?

SickNice 02-22-2006 02:32 PM

Staal will be with Hartford at the end of the year. He will NOT play with the Rangers at all this year, but he will play in NY next year.

Thats pretty much it.