HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   If we nabbed Comrie, what would we do? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22424)

SmokeyClause 10-24-2003 07:29 AM

If we nabbed Comrie, what would we do?

It's tempting to throw Legwand on a line with him. Maybe a Johnson, Comrie, Erat line? Hartnell, Comrie, Erat? Legwand, Comrie, Johansson line?

Or we could trade Arkhipov, Vokoun and Upshall for Hejduk :D

Enoch 10-24-2003 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause

Would Aebischer come back.....?

SmokeyClause 10-24-2003 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Would Aebischer come back.....?

LOL, no idea. I didn't put a lot of thought into that one. It was more tongue in cheek. If they put Aebischer in there, we'd have to up the anti on our side. Unfortunately, because neither have playoff experience, I wouldn't imagine Vokoun having far superior value to Lacroix

Joe T Choker 10-24-2003 08:21 AM

Comrie + 3rd rd pick for Arkhipov + Upshall

Would you still bite on that?

barrytrotzsneck 10-24-2003 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army

done. where do i sign?

triggrman 10-24-2003 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
done. where do i sign?

I agree. Would we be over paying? But if I have 20 apples and apples are equal to oranges and I really need the orange to make some fruit salad do I care that I have to give up 2 apples to get one orange? No, not if my goal is to make the fruit salad.

PredsMan 10-24-2003 08:59 AM

How about Arkhipov & 2nd for Comrie?

triggrman 10-24-2003 09:01 AM

I don't think that would work for Edmonton.

SmokeyClause 10-24-2003 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I agree. Would we be over paying? But if I have 20 apples and apples are equal to oranges and I really need the orange to make some fruit salad do I care that I have to give up 2 apples to get one orange? No, not if my goal is to make the fruit salad.

I'd rather have a strawberry (Kovalchuk) ;)

seriously though, I get your point. Still, it's smarter to avoid overpaying if at all possible. If I have 20 apples and apples are equal to oranges and I really need the orange to make some fruit salad do I care that I have to give up 2 apples to get one orange? Yes, if you can have that 1 orange for only 1 apple. Then you can use that other apple complete the fruit salad. Maybe you need a bowl?

Canadian Chris 10-24-2003 09:11 AM

I'm lovin the analogy, and personally, I think Comrie would be a great fit in Nashville....HOWEVER, I think, unfortunately for the Preds, they WOULD have to overpay to get him :(

triggrman 10-24-2003 09:16 AM

Quote:

I'd rather have a strawberry (Kovalchuk) ;)

seriously though, I get your point. Still, it's smarter to avoid overpaying if at all possible. If I have 20 apples and apples are equal to oranges and I really need the orange to make some fruit salad do I care that I have to give up 2 apples to get one orange? Yes, if you can have that 1 orange for only 1 apple. Then you can use that other apple complete the fruit salad. Maybe you need a bowl?

but you aren't going to get one for one, mabye I should have said one and half apples equal 1 orange.

Save for Legwand, Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Vokoun and Walker, I don't think anyone on our team would bring Comrie this way on their own. Suter or Hartnell might. Arhipov would be replaced at center by Comrie, easily and dealing Upshall would be dealing a strength. The only set back would be Comrie's salary, but we've got to come out of the pockets to get to the next level.

Malmo_Mike 10-24-2003 09:32 AM

Quote:

I don't think that would work for Edmonton.

To be honest, I think thats just the type of trade Lowe would want to make. Arkhipov has shown he can score in this league (playing in a very defensive system as well) and Upshall is a perfect match for the Oilers. I'd love to see him and Torres on a line in the future *drool*.

triggrman 10-24-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malmo_Mike
To be honest, I think thats just the type of trade Lowe would want to make. Arkhipov has shown he can score in this league (playing in a very defensive system as well) and Upshall is a perfect match for the Oilers. I'd love to see him and Torres on a line in the future *drool*.

Mike I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying Arkhipov and a pick wouldn't work.

Malmo_Mike 10-24-2003 09:55 AM

Quote:

Mike I think you misunderstood me, I'm saying Arkhipov and a pick wouldn't work.

oh...now I see, sorry bout that, i had a late night

SmokeyClause 10-24-2003 11:53 AM

Anybody seeing us go sniper crazy in next year's draft? Of the 10 or so picks we should have, I would love for 8 of them to go to snipers and 2 to goalies. Unless of course we fall in a love with a certain player. If you can't find one, draft all of them :D

If we are truly only one player away (and I believe we are), then maybe it is worth it to trade Arkhipov, Upshall, our first, second, third in 2004 for the first overall. It would be interesting.

Stanger31 10-24-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

It's tempting to throw Legwand on a line with him. Maybe a Johnson, Comrie, Erat line? Hartnell, Comrie, Erat? Legwand, Comrie, Johansson line?

Just curious why you want Comrie? I'm a nashville fan in edmonton, and CMON, Comrie is not what you are imaging. He has no heart anymore, he used to play with heart, but since he thinks he's a superstar he doesn't grind like he used to. All he tries to do is score goals, when that isn't what made him what everyone liked.

I have heard from numerous people and witnessed his rather large ego, and cockiness. Trust me, if you offered Hartnell, Edmonton would jump on that deal like you wouldn't believe. I would love to get the chance to see him play too. But really, for the sake of The PREDS, i hope comrie never ends up on that team. From what he's shown last season and leading up to this one with his contract talks, he is a greedy and arrogant disease you don't want around your team.

dulzhok 10-24-2003 07:38 PM

At this point, I'd only be willing to part with Arkhipov + draft picks or not-integral players for Comire.

I think Comrie has excellent offensive skills, but there are definitely some draw backs to his game. If he's not scoring, he's usually hurting the team. His lack of size and strength will always be in issue if he plans to be a #1 center. Obviously, his hold-out isn't helping his reputation.

However, his offensive upside is extremely high, and he's still young enough to work out some of the kinks in his game.

SmokeyClause 10-25-2003 08:06 AM

It seems like Steve Sullivan might be an option. He's not a sniper but he will provide offense. He's scored atleast 20 goals in 6 straight seasons and over 60 points in his past 4.

He could be had cheaper than Comrie. He's 29 years old and while he's small, size (or lackthereof) isn't as big an issue with the Predators as it used to be. His price tag is 3 million but that's around where Comrie's is going to be. I think he is a RFA at the end of the season.

SmokeyClause 10-25-2003 08:09 AM

Quote:

It seems like Steve Sullivan might be an option. He's not a sniper but he will provide offense. He's scored atleast 20 goals in 6 straight seasons and over 60 points in his past 4.

He could be had cheaper than Comrie. He's 29 years old and while he's small, size (or lackthereof) isn't as big an issue with the Predators as it used to be. His price tag is 3 million but that's around where Comrie's is going to be. I think he is a RFA at the end of the season.

Of course, what about both? Comrie & Chimera for Arkhipov and Upshall. Then Chimera and a 3rd for Sullivan?

We'd be getting Comrie and Sullivan for Arkhipov and Upshall?

It would give us a winger and a center (though I would imagine Comrie could play wing as well, that or Legwand could). That would be a fast line that we could put together every once in a while. Sullivan, Comrie and Legwand? Seems a touch farfetched though. I can never see us adding 4 million in salary [3 million if you consider Upshall will make around 1 mil as a Pred] :(

barrytrotzsneck 10-26-2003 09:18 AM

it's too bad we can't REALLY cough up a little cash and pick up marty straka from the pens. plays left wing, and despite the misconception that he's injury prone, his injuries came from freak accidents.

Joe T Choker 10-26-2003 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
it's too bad we can't REALLY cough up a little cash and pick up marty straka from the pens. plays left wing, and despite the misconception that he's injury prone, his injuries came from freak accidents.

see Andreas Johansson

barrytrotzsneck 10-26-2003 09:28 AM

Quote:

see Andreas Johansson

no, it's completely different. AJ, sadly, IS injury prone. Straka had a WEIGHT MACHINE fall on his back.

bucksoil 10-27-2003 09:22 AM

Quote:

Could work well for the Oilers. What is the status of Upshall. I haven't followed his progress since the draft, but EDM was very high on him then (home town boy).

Why don't you take this to the OIL board to see what they'd think.... most would love to entertain offers on Comrie... we're getting bored with the wait (no pun intended).

triggrman 10-27-2003 09:25 AM

It's already on there.

bucksoil 10-27-2003 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsMan
How about Arkhipov & 2nd for Comrie?

Trggrman is right... not enough from EDM perspective to deal with one of the teams they are fighting against.

While i am here (not trolling)... Comrie + what would be close for Legwand? Is it even worth discussing?

BTW... to the Nash fan in EDM... you are being hard on Comrie. He was having a terrible season after the injury last year. But he WAS giving it effort... I watched every game with my psychologist girlfriend, and her comments were "wow, something has happened to him, he looks so frustrated and seems to lacks confidence". Obviously she's no mind-reader, but it certainly jives with the reports he is feeling the home-town pressure. Besides, a guy doesn't go from "all-heart team leader" to "greedy whiner" in the space of 16 weeks. Something else... ie sophmore jinx... was at play here.

Comrie will be back to prove the nay-sayers wrong.