HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   predator unmasked ball (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=224708)

Pred303 02-24-2006 06:49 AM

predator unmasked ball

a few unmasked ball observations;

...what a great venue to meet and talk to the players, walking around with a drink in your hand.. one thing that you cann't help but notice.. the predators have a great group of guys ont he whole.. guys you would like to go out and have a drink with or guys that you'd like to have in your house to watch a game with... speaks volumes about either the pred organization for picking quality guys or the nhl as a whole...or both

handtrick and i roamed the place and cornered pretty much everyone that was there...

ones that were there that i got to stand and talk to... leopold, poile,trotz,peterson.. perreualt, sullivan, hall, walker, hamhuis, nichol, smithson ,weber, mason, hordichuk, hartnell

all pretty much great guys... my favorite ones of the entire group to talk to have to be hordichuk, mason, and walker... all funny great guys...

hordichuk is a frigging blast, he and i hit it off immediately.. the guy was standing there talking to me and handtrick and a couple of gals, and would get to telling stories and forget the women and say "######ing this" about every other sentence, and then kind of say ops sorry, and then go and immediately do it again..

handtrick made walker take his cast off and gave his wrist an examination right there on the floor...was hilarious... walker kept saying "hey how much is this gonna cost me?" while handtrick gave the housecall... handtrick will give us a medical update, but seems like he will miss at least a week or two after the break

weber... great kid, really strikes you as mature far beyond his years.. of course i kept telling him "the future of the franchise is on your shoulders, but no pressure".. he kept talking about the differenec ebetween the nhl and minors was speed... not skating speed, but decision speed... was excited to be called up now cause he knew it meant they wanted him for the stretch run..

could go on and on about every single player, and if you have a favborite among any that were there ask me and i'll give you what i thought

great great way to spend an evening if you're a pred fan... lots of liquered up beautiful women, lots of good food, pred talk everywhere straight form the horse's mouths

one thing that really strikes you when you get to see all these guys up close and in street clothes is our lack of size as a team... i'm a little over 6-2 and 220... only hordichuk aand hartnell, are about my size, both maybe 5-10 lbs lighter... hall is taller (say 6 3) but without pads he is a skinny type guy, smithson too.. weber is the only guy that looks like he is really put together, the kid's gonna be a real physical package..

guys like walks, who is built strong, but man he only comes up to about my nose.. and guys like sully and nichol are frigging really tiny when you see them out like this...hamhuis is surprisingly small looking to me...

but one thing i will give to hartnell...his fiance is frigging gorgeous and very sweet... hamhuis' girl was very nice and down to earth as well.. of course most all of the wives are good looking, but i'd have to go with hart's as the best

oh one more thing...handtrick and i actually bought a trip with the team...April 2-3-4 to chicago and stl.. we get to fly with the team, stay at the hotel with them, go to their meetings, stay in boxes with the player scratches during those two games, go to the locker room, and join in the strategy sessions (ok i made that last one up, but still)... and of course if they listen to my advice, we'll go 2-0, but if they fall under handtrick's spell i could see an 0-2 trip very easily... in all seriousness, what a trip this is going to be

dulzhok 02-24-2006 12:14 PM

This has always been a top-rate event. It doesn't get old. Unforunately, I wasn't able to attend this year as I'm only able to spend a few weeks in Nashville a year now.

Too bad Legwand wasn't there to take home a couple of high school girls again, though.

Enoch 02-24-2006 01:18 PM

I'd like to hear more about Poile, Trotz, and Hamhuis. Thanks for all the info 303....your the best ;)

Pred303 02-24-2006 04:38 PM

some more things from the ball;

a few funny stories from last night..

hordichuk... as i mentioned before, the guy is a blast... just a rough, friendly type of used car salesman is what he reminds me of.. was talking to him for a long time and other people are coming up, start to walk away and let other people talk to him, he runs over and grabs my arm and says "hey don't leave me with these idiots all by myself".. a few of the funny stories he was telling... he siad before games oftentimes he will write a guy's number on his stick for someone he wants to fight..then when there is a faceoff, he shows the guy his name and says "you're mine buddy"... sometimes he said he writes things like "screw you avery" and shows it to them to try to get them to go... said he didn't know if he could get avery to fight next LA game, but said he was ###### sure gonna try.. and by god he was gonna fight somebody when they played

another thing, we were standing there talking when miranda walked by... hordy turns to me and says "hey she's not wearing any panties" lol... yeah like me and handtrick hadn't already noticed that...

also told me that visiting players generally think our ice girls are the best looking in the league ..lol... little things that you just don't pick up everywhere else

we started kidding him about his scoring this year... he got to laughing and said, "yeah, i figured i had to try to score since no one will fight anymore"... then he went on to tell about how much easier it was to score than people had led him to believe.. he said i told them (pred teammates) "hey you try to score with the bunch of sorry skaters and passers i've had on my lines before this year, it's been like trying to skate with herman munster and frankenstein"

another fun thing was each of the players had to put together "baskets" with things that interested them for people to bid on.. the wives and players had put lots of work into it... each would have something like his favorite cd, book, drink, an autographed jersey or hat, favorite snack, and something from his hometown.. i bought hamhuis... had a great signed hat, led zeppelin's double greatest hits album, the entire first two season cd of '24', a book on his little hometown, lots of other things... his fiance was tickled to death that i bought it and told me about each item and why they picked them.. a very nice girl.... was good stuff (all for 'only' 150 bucks)

hartnell's fiance got to telling the whole "making dinner, cutting her finger,emergency room trip, hart's hat trick story" was really funny.. course i would probably have payed to stand and look at her...

Pred303 02-24-2006 04:39 PM

and then a few more;

trotz has less of a neck in a tux than he does when he's standing behind the bench (if that's possible)... i asked him what his neck size was and how did he get a tie around that since he didn't have a neck.. he said "hey i have a neck, it's just part of my chest"

i started to ###### to him about some of the line combos, but i didn't think a fist fight at the unmasked ball would go over that well so i just sipped my drink instead

terry crisp was his normal crazy self... was hard to get to the tikki-bar, since he was always in line ahead of everyone

handtrick and i got to kidding hordichuk about how he got that one chance on the pp.. and immediately took a penalty two seconds into it and blew his one chance.. he was a frigging hoot laughing about it.. said "i cann't believe i blew my one big chance to be a scorer on a line with kariya".. said i was so pumped to be out there, and when they called the penalty on me i kept screaming at the ref, "you're killing me here ref, my one chance and you blew it for me".. said when he watched the replay in the film room he was telling all the players to watch and see he didn't commit the penalty...but said there on the tape was his stick on another guy and how he couldn't believe what he was seeing... he then said did you notice that they put smithson out there in his place on the next pp and when smithson immediately took a penalty he thought "hot damm, now i might get another chance"... but of course he didn't... was some really hilarious stuff.. handtrick kept rubbing it in about "how was it in trotz's doghouse?".. kept hoping hordy would pop handtrick right there and start a brawl, but alas he let him go.. must be the new crackdown on fighting at the unmasked ball thing

leopold seemed as excited as a little kid all night.. was almost bouncing between one group and the other.. his wife had him bidding on the chocolate lab puppy they were actioning off... and every time he would write a bid down someone would immediately top it... he told me "man my wife's gonna kill me if i don't win that dog".. he didn't though, went for something like 1600 dollars to someone else i think.. you cann't help but like this guy though, real down to earth type of guy

was really neat to be able to simply walk up to the stanley cup and look at it.. was appalled at how many people actually put their hands on it to take pictures or just look...

smithson is a good kid.. simply seems overjoyed to be here... told him we missed the smithy-hordy-tootoo line.. he actually agreed...as did hordichuk... hordy chimmed in that man we were getting some great forechecking going there for a few games with that group..

weber, really seems mature to me for his age.. you could tell some of the guys felt slightly self-consicience in tuxs and the like.. weber didn't, wanted to talk hockey.. was pumped about being recalled now..

fiddler was walking around, and while i didn't get a chance to talk to him personally, i was standing there with him and leopold talking to each other.. leopold was asking how his head was (the concussion).. fiddler was saying i think it's ok, that he had some dizziness at first, but not now.. a couple of other players (smithson, weber) were talking about what a great guy fiddler was away from the rink. i do know that fiddler is one of the whitest human beings i think i have ever seen, if he's ever been in the sun in his life it doesn't show

hamhuis is one strange looking dude with that hair and those eyebrows lol... looks much smaller in person, course that might be because he had on flip flops.. good guy though, just seemed very quiet and shy like

mason is the other guy that you'd want to come to your house and have a beer and watch a game with... just a quality, great guy... told handtrick "don't you worry about vokoun, that guy is the mentally toughest guy in the locker room, a bad olympics won't affect him at all".. also remembered handtrick's kid always having a sign for him at every game.. you cann't talk to this guy and him not become a guy you want to see succeed

was going to talk to sullivan..but he was so quick dodging and skating around the room no one could corner him.. reminded me of how tough it is to catch him on the ice..lol..

Pattypred 03-02-2006 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd share a picture of a couple of really HOT guys ....

Pred303 03-02-2006 05:01 PM

here's a couple pictures from the unmasked ball too...

one of several girls that wanted me dancing on the stage with miranda...

one of handtrick with weber,smithson and suter....

Enoch 03-02-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
here's a couple pictures from the unmasked ball too...

one of several girls that wanted me dancing on the stage with miranda...

one of handtrick with weber,smithson and suter....

!!

The girl in the orange dress....was she with anyone there? She was one of my friend's sister (friend as in k-12th grade)...Holly Bernard. She was also a Titans cheerleader for awhile. Its kinda cool to see people that you used to be friends with in places you least expected it :jump:

vopatsrash 03-02-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
!!

The girl in the orange dress....was she with anyone there? She was one of my friend's sister (friend as in k-12th grade)...Holly Bernard. She was also a Titans cheerleader for awhile. Its kinda cool to see people that you used to be friends with in places you least expected it :jump:

Actually, it's kind of cool seeing Holly Bernard, regardless of expectation of the sighting.

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
!!

she was there with me, actually.

Enoch 03-02-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vopatsrash
Actually, it's kind of cool seeing Holly Bernard, regardless of expectation of the sighting.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pred303 03-02-2006 10:43 PM

holly and i are just firends, she needed someone to take her to the ball so i let her tag along

handtrick 03-03-2006 08:39 AM

I wish you guys hadn't posted those pictures....my inbox has just been flooded with hot HF chicks wanting my phone number, a copy of my 2005 income tax forms, and sending me provocative pictures of them in just their ice skates alone......it has just been brutal...... :shakehead

Pattypred 03-03-2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handtrick
I wish you guys hadn't posted those pictures....my inbox has just been flooded with hot HF chicks wanting my phone number, a copy of my 2005 income tax forms, and sending me provocative pictures of them in just their ice skates alone......it has just been brutal...... :shakehead

HT - I know that it has been extremely tough on you these past few days but if anyone can handle it - YOU CAN!

:yo:

predperson 03-04-2006 08:07 PM

WARNING:
You need wading boots to get through the bull crap on this thread.