HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Montoya Recalled By Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=225407)

caldercup0 02-27-2006 01:13 PM

Montoya Recalled By Rangers
 
http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transac...&f_team_id=307

sir_captain 02-27-2006 01:16 PM

Huh
 
Huh...i guess maybe he'll backup Weekes on Thursday in order to give Henke a real rest?

Kluivert4Ever 02-27-2006 01:21 PM

Start Him! :)

wildone26* 02-27-2006 01:21 PM

This is stupid, they now have 3 goalies up for the moment with another one returning. Do they need 2 additional practice goalies to Weekes? Makes no sense. :dunno:

Fletch 02-27-2006 01:23 PM

The sense is...
 
Lundqvist gets back late tomorrow from Sweden (that's the stupid part), but, Renney may want to ensure 100% that Lundqvist gets a true rest, which may even inlclude staying home and not travelling to Philly. It makes perfrect sense.

Kluivert4Ever 02-27-2006 01:24 PM

Start Montoya against Philly.


Wont happend but I would LOVE to see it.

Choice 02-27-2006 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
Start Montoya against Philly.


Wont happend but I would LOVE to see it.

That would be giving away the points.

Kluivert4Ever 02-27-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
That would be giving away the points.



I beg to differ. ;)

Larry Melnyk 02-27-2006 01:31 PM

Good move, let the King get some much needed rest so he can be ready for the grind and let Montoya taste the atmosphere of the bigs by practicing and dressing as a back-up in a no pressure situation..Can't hurt..And, who knows, it may be his only New York Ranger action before he's traded....

Kluivert4Ever 02-27-2006 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
And, who knows, it may be his only New York Ranger action before he's traded....


I know trading could be a good idea but it still hurts seeing that. :(

wildone26* 02-27-2006 01:35 PM

I hope now that Montoya and Holt are both up with the Rangers that both are there Thursday, and that Holt is the backup to Weekes, and depending how much rest Henrick needs, maybe more than one game with Holts as backup and Montoya as #3 goalie. That would further prove my point of the organization clearly thinking more highly of Holt. It is a great chance for my theory to gain more validation, regardless if anybody acknowledges it or not.

Kluivert4Ever 02-27-2006 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone26
I hope now that Montoya and Holt are both up with the Rangers that both are there Thursday, and that Holt is the backup to Weekes, and depending how much rest Henrick needs, maybe more than one game with Holts as backup and Montoya as #3 goalie. That would further prove my point of the organization clearly thinking more highly of Holt. It is a great chance for my theory to gain more validation, regardless if anybody acknowledges it or not.


If Holt is the backup to Weekes it just means that the Rangers want Montoya to get more minutes in the AHL. Trust me Holt is NOT above Montoya, remember Al went to the friggin all-star game.

Fletch 02-27-2006 01:42 PM

wildone...
 
the evidence of how the organization views Holt is obvious: he's in the ECHL. Compared to Montoya, who is, and has been, in the AHL all season. Typically the higher the level in which you play, the more highly touted the organization thinks of you. If they thought more highly of Holt, wouldn't he be playing in a more competitive league, and getting the starts over Montoya? That's a bet I'd be willing to make. Also, Holt's AHL performance left a lot to be desired.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-27-2006 01:45 PM

Maybe this has something to do with this?

The absurd punitive nature of the CBA cap reached new heights or is that depths? upon the discovery that the Rangers are now being hit with a daily charge for Chris Holt, who was recalled from the minors on Wednesday so that the team would have two pro goaltenders for practice while Henrik Lundqvist is otherwise occupied playing for the gold medal

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02262006/sports/64219.htm

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-27-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
the evidence of how the organization views Holt is obvious: he's in the ECHL. Compared to Montoya, who is, and has been, in the AHL all season. Typically the higher the level in which you play, the more highly touted the organization thinks of you. If they thought more highly of Holt, wouldn't he be playing in a more competitive league, and getting the starts over Montoya? That's a bet I'd be willing to make. Also, Holt's AHL performance left a lot to be desired.


Maybe one of Montoya, Weekes, Holt is dealt??? Could be why have 3 goalies??? Just have Holt and Weekes and let Montoya get minutes in Hartford.

007 02-27-2006 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Maybe this has something to do with this?

The absurd punitive nature of the CBA cap reached new heights or is that depths? upon the discovery that the Rangers are now being hit with a daily charge for Chris Holt, who was recalled from the minors on Wednesday so that the team would have two pro goaltenders for practice while Henrik Lundqvist is otherwise occupied playing for the gold medal

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02262006/sports/64219.htm

Let me get this straight: there's a penalty charge for having 3 goalies in the NHL?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 02-27-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Let me get this straight: there's a penalty charge for having 3 goalies in the NHL?


I don't really understand what the fine was for.

RangerBoy 02-27-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
Let me get this straight: there's a penalty charge for having 3 goalies in the NHL?

NO :shakehead

Holt counts against the Rangers cap even if he just up for practice and never dresses for a game

Montoya will count against the Rangers cap now that he has been recalled

That is why some teams send the young players back to the AHL during off days to save cap space

TrampsLikeUs 02-27-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone26
I hope now that Montoya and Holt are both up with the Rangers that both are there Thursday, and that Holt is the backup to Weekes, and depending how much rest Henrick needs, maybe more than one game with Holts as backup and Montoya as #3 goalie. That would further prove my point of the organization clearly thinking more highly of Holt. It is a great chance for my theory to gain more validation, regardless if anybody acknowledges it or not.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

What are you trying to prove, anyway?

The only good thing about Holt is that I can shout "Chris Holt!" every time he makes a save (Arrested Development fans will get it)...

wildone26* 02-27-2006 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kluivert4Ever
If Holt is the backup to Weekes it just means that the Rangers want Montoya to get more minutes in the AHL. Trust me Holt is NOT above Montoya, remember Al went to the friggin all-star game.

I said if both are up with the NHL team at the time. If both are up with the NHL team Holt being backup could not be reasoned by them wanting Montoya to get more minutes in the NHL, since he would not be with the AHL at that time. It would only demonstrate my point that Holt is above Montoya, something I knew all along.

007 02-27-2006 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy
NO :shakehead

Holt counts against the Rangers cap even if he just up for practice and never dresses for a game

Montoya will count against the Rangers cap now that he has been recalled

That is why some teams send the young players back to the AHL during off days to save cap space

That's what I don't get: why is this a surprise to Larry Brooks or the Rangers? If he's recalled he's recalled. They're paying him to be with the Rangers, they should expect those $$$ to go onto the payroll calculation.

RangerBoy 02-27-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007
That's what I don't get: why is this a surprise to Larry Brooks or the Rangers? If he's recalled he's recalled. They're paying him to be with the Rangers, they should expect those $$$ to go onto the payroll calculation.

Who says it's a surprise for the Rangers?Larry hates the cap and makes that point every Sunday.What's the big deal?

JR#9* 02-27-2006 02:33 PM

speaking of Montoya all I could think about every time Olesz took a shift was that he should've been a NYR and he would've flourished with all the czech vets he'd be learning from! :madfire:

Larry Melnyk 02-27-2006 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildone26
I said if both are up with the NHL team at the time. If both are up with the NHL team Holt being backup could not be reasoned by them wanting Montoya to get more minutes in the NHL, since he would not be with the AHL at that time. It would only demonstrate my point that Holt is above Montoya, something I knew all along.

I think you should take it even further...If Lundqvist is back in town and both he and Montoay are in street clothes, it stands to reason that Rangers think more highly of Holt then they do of Montoya and Lundqvist and that, undubtedley, Holt is the Rangers goalie of the future, his poor play be damned...

wildone26* 02-27-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I think you should take it even further...If Lundqvist is back in town and both he and Montoay are in street clothes, it stands to reason that Rangers think more highly of Holt then they do of Montoya and Lundqvist and that, undubtedley, Holt is the Rangers goalie of the future, his poor play be damned...

Are you saying this is a possability to happen as well?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.