HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Primeau Press Conference Tommorow at 11 on CSN. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=225490)

Kevin Danko 02-27-2006 04:20 PM

Primeau Press Conference Tommorow at 11 on CSN.

He will announce hes done for the season

SOURCE: Daily News Live & Tsn.ca

BringBackStevens 02-27-2006 04:22 PM

heres a flyers link about it

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2460.asp

swflyers8* 02-27-2006 05:49 PM

Listen to this:

This is from a very reliable and credible poster over on orange and black.

"Ok fellow Flyer nutts , There is a problem bruin in Voorhees . This might hold up Shane Doan becomeing a Flyer. The Problem is the Flyers want Priemau to call it a year as of Today , they have even gone so far as to tell him that the flyers doctors will not allow him to play again this year. They wanted him to go along with this so that they could use the money he would free up to alllow them to make a deal that is in place with Phoniex on March first. Problem is Primeau still thinks he is making enough progress to play again this year . Stay tuned , this could get ugly and ruin any chance we have of making this deal . From what Iam hearing the deal is

To The Yotes:
Umberger
Ellison
First round in 06
2nd round 06
2nd rounder in 06

To the Flyers
Shane Doan
Derek Morris (if he can pass a physical)
or
Dennis Gautier
Draft pick back"

Flyersphans with O&B

The guy who is saying this will happen, he is at the Flyers practices all the time. Good deal.

TheKingPin 02-27-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25
Listen to this:

This is from a very reliable and credible poster over on orange and black.

"Ok fellow Flyer nutts , There is a problem bruin in Voorhees . This might hold up Shane Doan becomeing a Flyer. The Problem is the Flyers want Priemau to call it a year as of Today , they have even gone so far as to tell him that the flyers doctors will not allow him to play again this year. They wanted him to go along with this so that they could use the money he would free up to alllow them to make a deal that is in place with Phoniex on March first. Problem is Primeau still thinks he is making enough progress to play again this year . Stay tuned , this could get ugly and ruin any chance we have of making this deal . From what Iam hearing the deal is

To The Yotes:
Umberger
Ellison
First round in 06
2nd round 06
2nd rounder in 06

To the Flyers
Shane Doan
Derek Morris (if he can pass a physical)
or
Dennis Gautier
Draft pick back"

Flyersphans with O&B

The guy who is saying this will happen, he is at the Flyers practices all the time. Good deal.

I could see there being some controvery if Doan was available at that price.Otherwise clarke would not want Primeau to stay quite.

But that deal is done in a second, i strongly beleive the Flyers will make some kind of deal with the yotes. Doan and Morris would be great fits and and a great deal. Maybe take one of those seconds back or trade the forst for another second though.

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 06:27 PM

well Primeau is announcing his retirement tomorrow at 11 so theres not much of a problem if this is true. But why give up a first when we have 4 2nds? and 2 3rds? We have done a lot of deals with Phoenix, they have been good trading partners recently...would they fit under the cap??

other than that im not against this at all really, other than giving up the first...and i can live with that when Downie is coming up in the ranks.

Roger's Pancreas* 02-27-2006 06:32 PM

I might be one of the few people who don't like that deal. Doan is obviously incredibly valuable but so is a forward signed to a cheap *** contract that can play all three forward positions effortlessly.

John Flyers Fan 02-27-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I might be one of the few people who don't like that deal. Doan is obviously incredibly valuable but so is a forward signed to a cheap *** contract that can play all three forward positions effortlessly.

I'm not in love with the deal either, if I'm making a big push it would be to Florida for Jokinen and Hill.

Winston Wolf 02-27-2006 06:44 PM

No thanks on that deal for me either. I'd also much rather have Jokinen. No Sean Hill though.

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
I'm not in love with the deal either, if I'm making a big push it would be to Florida for Jokinen and Hill.

I would like that better too but Hill is kind of old and im not a fan of him...Jokenin on the other hand would be ideal IMO. You have to consider that apparently Jokenin's agent G.......somthing isnt liked by Clarke at all, so is this a problem i think.

Pantokrator 02-27-2006 07:01 PM

I am just curious why the Coyotes are willing to trade Doan. Is he playing poorly? Is he going to be a UFA? I haven't paid enough attention to him or their situation to make sense of this. Someone help me out, and while you are doing it, tell me how this helps the Flyers. Who would he play with, what does he bring, etc.

Miracle80 02-27-2006 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

I'm with you on this. If Hill can play well for an org other than Carolina, I've seen stats out there that he only plays well in a Hurricanes uni. :dunno:
I don't understand the obsession with Doan besides the fact that Clarkie has a tendency to deal with Pho. I've watched alot of yotes games recently and don't see him as that great, but maybe with better players around him he might be? Again, :dunno:
I would get Rex back before going after Doan.

bodangleroo28 02-27-2006 07:15 PM

steve gainey was recalled by phoniex .....something happening

Rex88 02-27-2006 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyer6
steve gainey was recalled by phoniex .....something happening

Boyd Devereaux is hurt and Gainey is recalled for his spot.
I agree with others that this is ALOT to give up for these two guys.
Doan has, I believe, one year at just over 3 mill and Morris is a RFA thus a 2.9 repeat of his current salary is in order. That is alot of dough and to keep both into the next year would seem to increase the odds on losing KJ if he gets a better offer elsewhere which is likely and we intend to give Gags a good raise.

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
Boyd Devereaux is hurt and Gainey is recalled for his spot.
I agree with others that this is ALOT to give up for these two guys.
Doan has, I believe, one year at just over 3 mill and Morris is a RFA thus a 2.9 repeat of his current salary is in order. That is alot of dough and to keep both into the next year would seem to increase the odds on losing KJ if he gets a better offer elsewhere which is likely and we intend to give Gags a good raise.

Morris is a UFA i believe and Doan is not, the specifics of their contracts im not sure of though

Rex88 02-27-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hfphillystyle
Morris is a UFA i believe and Doan is not, the specifics of their contracts im not sure of though

Correct, Doan has another year at 3.2 but I think Morris is a RFA next year.

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 07:44 PM

How can Morris be a RFA next year if he is a UFA this year :confused:

jb** 02-27-2006 07:45 PM

why dont' they just say Primeau is done for the regular season, use his salary to find a repalcement player and come playoff time if he is symptom free let him play as my understanding is that their is no cap come playoff time. As for the proposed deal, mixed felling I think giving up to much as the D man can walk after the year. Take out the first and do it or take out 1 second and have Phoenix send a 4th our way.

Rex88 02-27-2006 08:27 PM

Quote:

How can Morris be a RFA next year if he is a UFA this year :confused:

He was not an UFA this year, he was dealt to Phx and signed a contract. I am saying, I think he is a RFA next year meaning this is the final year of his current contract.

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex88
He was not an UFA this year, he was dealt to Phx and signed a contract. I am saying, I think he is a RFA next year meaning this is the final year of his current contract.

To be clear he will be a UFA this off-season though.

mikedifr 02-27-2006 10:21 PM

I would love to have Doan to play with Carter and Umberger. Can we take Morris out of that deal and get Doan without giving up Umberger? If so I do it. I still dont agree with most of what is posted on this board. I do not think this team needs a center. Forsberg, Handzus, Nedved, Carter, Richards. That is 5 centers with one moving to the wing. This team needs either a scoring winger to play on the 2nd line with Nedved and Handzus or a good playmaking winger to play with Umberger and Carter. I dont think Jokinen is the answer.

BringBackStevens 02-27-2006 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikedifr
I would love to have Doan to play with Carter and Umberger. Can we take Morris out of that deal and get Doan without giving up Umberger? If so I do it. I still dont agree with most of what is posted on this board. I do not think this team needs a center. Forsberg, Handzus, Nedved, Carter, Richards. That is 5 centers with one moving to the wing. This team needs either a scoring winger to play on the 2nd line with Nedved and Handzus or a good playmaking winger to play with Umberger and Carter. I dont think Jokinen is the answer.

agreed

TheKingPin 02-27-2006 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylez19
agreed

double true.

We have owned them in the past...zues and esche for Bouche lol. Hopefully clarke can pull off another one sider maybe Rusizka and second for Doan? Throw in d man from the phantoms to help them with morris leaving

phlacheesesteak 02-27-2006 11:32 PM

If u take Umberger out of the deal and send Nedved back to Pho Im 100percent on the Doan Morris deal

Synthetic 02-28-2006 12:11 AM

Can Nedved be traded back so quickly? I thought there was some restriction that prevented that.

Ex Storm 02-28-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

If u take Umberger out of the deal and send Nedved back to Pho Im 100percent on the Doan Morris deal

There is no chance that Phoenix takes back Nedved.