HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Pock Recalled (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=225831)

nyranger61494 02-28-2006 03:33 PM

Pock Recalled

Kasparaitis has the aching toe, Tyutin just got back into the country because of visa problems, maybe something happened in practice?...

http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transactions.php

FLYLine24 02-28-2006 03:34 PM

I see Montoya was sent back to Hartford as well.

Fletch 02-28-2006 03:38 PM

Perhaps it's a precaution...

against either Tyutin or Kaspar not being ready to go.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-28-2006 03:38 PM

Geez, I hate Pock

FLYLine24 02-28-2006 03:43 PM

Well Renney did say he was going to let a few players rest, I guess he held true to that.

Not a big fan of Pock, but the #'s he is putting up in the AHL he definitely deserved another callup.

nyranger61494 02-28-2006 03:46 PM

If he plays Thursday, I'd like to see him get a little bit of PP time, obviously not on the 1st Unit but maybe rotate him and Malik...

NYR469 02-28-2006 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyranger61494
Kasparaitis has the aching toe, Tyutin just got back into the country because of visa problems, maybe something happened in practice?...

http://ahl.leaguestat.com/hm/transactions.php

renney said the other day that he wants to try and give the olympic guys a rest. if prucha & betts return and then you play pock, orr and hollweg that would let you potentially rest 5 of the 8

nyranger61494 02-28-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
renney said the other day that he wants to try and give the olympic guys a rest. if prucha & betts return and then you play pock, orr and hollweg that would let you potentially rest 5 of the 8

Betts looks probable but Petr Puck isn't skating yet...

True Blue 02-28-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue
Geez, I hate Pock

Hate him all you want, but given that he is a defensema who is essentially a ppg player, his numbers are even more impressive than Immonen's.

Levitate 02-28-2006 03:58 PM

i've heard his D has been better lately as well, but yeah...that's secondhand so make of it what you will

Fletch 02-28-2006 03:59 PM

Renney did say...

that Betts is possible. But who knows. Prucha hasn't even skated with the team (in fact, I haven't seen anywhere that he's hit the ice yet by himself).

We'll see if Renney truly gives the Olumpics guys a rest. Jagr isn't resting, so it's likely neither are Straka and Rucinsky. Niemo may be a possibility (just because he played on Sunday and his absence from the lineup isn't all that meaningful), but that just means that Orr may be in the lineup. Because of the extra days the Rangers had compared to others, one would expect the lineup to be largely in tact.

TrampsLikeUs 02-28-2006 04:23 PM

I've been lurking on these boards for a long time, and only started posting again recently. My question is how come there is such a Pock hate fest? Obviously a player is much more than the sum of his numbers, impressive as they might be. And, from everything I've heard, his overall game needs some work. So why is it that most people here assume that he is a lost cause and that work that he needs to do on his game won't work?

MisterUnspoken 02-28-2006 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansky1213
I've been lurking on these boards for a long time, and only started posting again recently. My question is how come there is such a Pock hate fest? Obviously a player is much more than the sum of his numbers, impressive as they might be. And, from everything I've heard, his overall game needs some work. So why is it that most people here assume that he is a lost cause and that work that he needs to do on his game won't work?

I don't think he is a lost cause at all, I just don't think he is a defenseman (or will ever be one). Why not a forward? I don't get it.

Nich 02-28-2006 04:32 PM

because people don't remember that he was a Offensive guy until pretty much his senior year.

i think he will be fine, but he needs a bit more time on his D skills. i personally like him

Fire Sather 02-28-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Hate him all you want, but given that he is a defensema who is essentially a ppg player, his numbers are even more impressive than Immonen's.

He also is the reason we lost to the Blue Jackets.

MisterUnspoken 02-28-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather

You mean other than Kevin Weekes letting in 3 goals in the first period... 1 I could live with.

DutchShamrock 02-28-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansky1213

I don't know either. I guess he isn't showing us what we need after a total of what, 10 NHL games. Half the board wants a full blown rebuild but lack the patience to give guys a chance to make some mistakes. If these dumb rookies would just stop screwing up they would be stars already, can't they figure it out?

Oh, and there is a little speedbump when it comes to resting 5-8 players, and that's a roster limit. Unless we put 4-7 guys on IR, don't expect too many call ups. I don't think we recalled anyone for Prucha yet, so that is one spot. Unless Kasper, Jagr and somebody else needs up to a week off (less with a retro active placement on IR) we can't possibly call up much else. I guess its possible to scratch Jagr in favor of Orr but I hear the Ranger brass doesn't want the HFboards to crash from the sheer glee of the NYR posters.

Fletch 02-28-2006 04:37 PM

I think people think...

there are other defensemen in the organization that have passed him on the depth chart and the organization should focus on them a bit more. In Hartford, Baranka, Liffiton and Taylor are supposedly playing well. None offensive like Pock, but I really do not know if adding Pock to the PP really changes it that much since the real focus is Jagr, and the PP will go, for the most part, how Jagr goes (Jags was in on 65% of the PPGs).

Khelvan 02-28-2006 04:49 PM

I think Pock can be a player, but right now his defensive work isn't NHL caliber. Keep him in the AHL until he learns to play proper defense.

shoothepuck 02-28-2006 04:56 PM

Management seems to want to go with an offensive minded D man, and that might be why they called up Pock. You would think that the Rangers would have been smart enough to straighten out Tyutins visa before he went, but I guess not.

RGY 02-28-2006 05:06 PM

Finally Pock will get another shot at this.

Good to hear Betts is probable.

Kaspar needs the rest.

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-28-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
You mean other than Kevin Weekes letting in 3 goals in the first period... 1 I could live with.

Well at least if we are down early with Weekes in net, if Orr plays, Orr vs Huggybear Brashear or Stevenson should be fun to watch. I doubt no one tries to go with Stevenson cause past few years when our player got hurt by a cheapshot, no one went after that player, remember when Lindros got knocked out by Doig, Lindros had to fight him, Barnaby and Simon I dont think were on the ice but should have done something later in the game.

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-28-2006 05:24 PM

Why does everyone think we need more of an offensive defenseman? Tyutin, Poti, Pock, and Roszival are all offensive d-men. They all have more O than D. What we need is a bigtime, physical, shutdown d-man. It can be in-house or out-of-house, but in-house, I believe Grenier or Weller should at least be given a shot. Enough of this kid Pock coming up every now and then and showing us nothing

True Blue Bleed Blue 02-28-2006 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Well at least if we are down early with Weekes in net, if Orr plays, Orr vs Huggybear Brashear or Stevenson should be fun to watch. I doubt no one tries to go with Stevenson cause past few years when our player got hurt by a cheapshot, no one went after that player, remember when Lindros got knocked out by Doig, Lindros had to fight him, Barnaby and Simon I dont think were on the ice but should have done something later in the game.

I hope this is real rough, keeping mind what happened the last time these 2 teams played. I don't see how Orr wouldn't play considering what a physical game it'll be, the rest some guys could use, and simply his presence in that type of game being useful

True Blue 02-28-2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Sather

Should we do a count of just how many games Poti or Rozsival lost for us during the first three months, due to incredibly poorus defensive games?