HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My OFFICIAL missing KP in the playoffs tribute thread... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=225913)

GameFace247SON 02-28-2006 08:18 PM

My OFFICIAL missing KP in the playoffs tribute thread...

Primeau ties it

EDIT: Preems really was intangibiling the puck into the net in that run.

Lupul* 02-28-2006 08:22 PM

He scored that goal about ten seconds after I had said, "Primeau won't let his team lose."

Synthetic 02-28-2006 08:24 PM

I missed the rest of the period because I was running through my house hopping off of the walls.

Awesome, awesome game that was. Awesome play by Prims.

TheKingPin 02-28-2006 08:25 PM

Wish i could be as positive i was sitting in my seat pouting (AT THE GAME). That goal and Gagne's were the best i have ever seen Thank You Primeau
:clap: :yo: :clap: :yo: :clap: :yo: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

RJ8812 02-28-2006 08:44 PM

when gagne scored in OT, i thought for sure it was going to be our year

Roger's Pancreas* 02-28-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_

We'll have our year again, it just won't be in the immediate future.

And hopefully it will be led once again by Conn Smythe Keith.

TheKingPin 02-28-2006 08:58 PM

Quote:

Yea i thought so too. I thought we would have so much momentum in game 7. I predicted four quick goals in the first. Tampa jumped back though...those ********.

Dig Out Your Soul 02-28-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

I didn't. I didn't think there was any chance we could beat Tampa in their building in game 7. Whenever they played in their barn, they blocked shots like there was no tomorrow and looked like a totally different team. We had to steal a game in their building and it just didn't look like it could happen.

Roger's Pancreas* 02-28-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime
I didn't. I didn't think there was any chance we could beat Tampa in their building in game 7. Whenever they played in their barn, they blocked shots like there was no tomorrow and looked like a totally different team. We had to steal a game in their building and it just didn't look like it could happen.

I guess our boys should have shot the puck a little higher and a little harder eh?

BloodOnTheIce 02-28-2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
Primeau ties it

intangibling the puck?

oookay

Dig Out Your Soul 02-28-2006 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I guess our boys should have shot the puck a little higher and a little harder eh?

A little higher, sounds like the current day Flyers problems too!

Jester 02-28-2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Primeau ties it

the bench celebration is the best part of that clip.

GameFace247SON 03-01-2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
intangibling the puck?

oookay

usually a joke made when chris drury goes through a dry spell

califlyersfan 03-01-2006 07:14 AM

Anyone have a video clip of when preems scored in like quadruple overtime or something in the playoffs against pittsburgh way back when? THAT was a clutch goal...

Toonces 03-01-2006 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by califlyersfan
Anyone have a video clip of when preems scored in like quadruple overtime or something in the playoffs against pittsburgh way back when? THAT was a clutch goal...

Yes, in the 5th OT. I still remember that one like it was yesterday.

Keith will be (has been) missed.

BloodOnTheIce 03-01-2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

usually a joke made when chris drury goes through a dry spell

ah, for as often as it must have been said, I missed it
never heard it before. learn something new every day

JXC 03-01-2006 10:23 AM

Gagne is here:

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/me...asp?CalID=2626

FlyersFanJS 03-01-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by califlyersfan

that was a great game and an even better end, my body didn't like going to school the next day though....thanks Prims :handclap:

RJ8812 03-01-2006 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trippyime

dude, we killed them like 6-2 in their barn (game 2), we could of easily beaten them. we should have, but we didnt show up in game 7

JXC 03-01-2006 05:49 PM

Watch the Primeau video at the top of this thread. Nice hook by Gagne in front so #55 cannot get to the far post.

HoverCarle* 03-01-2006 06:11 PM

so did primeau say hes gonna sit out playoffs too? cause he could come play the playoffs for free. and it wouldnt count against the cap right?

and anyone else think it would be cool if clarke made him like assistant coach or something while hes out? is that allowed?

califlyersfan 03-01-2006 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hovercraft
so did primeau say hes gonna sit out playoffs too? cause he could come play the playoffs for free. and it wouldnt count against the cap right?

and anyone else think it would be cool if clarke made him like assistant coach or something while hes out? is that allowed?

He's NOT coming back for the playoffs. He said so himself.

GKJ 03-01-2006 07:19 PM

Quote:

The part that hurts so bad for me is that over the past, say 15 years, a team that ends up winning the cup always went through tremendous heartbreak. Something that the fans almost couldn't live with. it always happened to everyone else who won after the fact, and it never happened to Tampa (getting blown out in the 2nd round doesn't fall under this). Almost to say that it wasn't their time. Looking back, Detroit was swept in the finals, Colorado lost to Dallas in 7 games -- twice, the Devils lost in OT of Game 7 of the eastern finals, etc.

GKJ 03-01-2006 07:21 PM

Quote:

dude, we killed them like 6-2 in their barn (game 2), we could of easily beaten them. we should have, but we didnt show up in game 7

The Flyers dominated the 1st period and both of Tampa's goals were fluke goals. The games the Flyers didn't show up for were Games 3 and 5

FlyersHomer DM03 03-01-2006 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
The Flyers dominated the 1st period and both of Tampa's goals were fluke goals. The games the Flyers didn't show up for were Games 3 and 5

in my heart i knew we weren't going to win the series after game 3. We just beat them easily in Tampa for game 2, and we had the chance to jump ahead in the series at home and take control. I knew, as beat up as this team was, that we wouldn't win a long series against a team with the firepower that Tampa had--and well we came up short--but it was an incredible ride

May 20th, 2004--my 18th birthday, but also the night of game 6 when primeau (and gagne) sent the series to game 7--i'll never forget that night, i've never been hoarse the next morning from yelling at a game on TV except for that night, not to mention Primeau's hat trick vs. Toronto earlier that year, and in the first round that year some nice goals vs. the Devils

I remember when we got Primeau in 2000, I remember that playoff run too, and his goal scored somewhere around 2:45 at night--Primeau didn't play his best hockey for us until the last two years of his flyers career, I remember how on the boards here, the year Carolina went to the finals how there was a big contingent of "we shouldn't have traded Rod Brind'Amour"--I was a big Primeau supporter, one of the few, but by now he's become a fan favorite