HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   CGY/DET + CGY/StL Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=226349)

*OvechKiN* 03-02-2006 01:14 AM

CGY/DET + CGY/StL Proposal

1st Proposal -

To CGY:
Robert Lang
To Det:
Daymond Langkow
Chris Simon
3rd Rounder '06

2nd Proposal -

To CGY:
Keith Tkachuk
To StL:
1st Rounder '06
Andrew Ference
Eric Nystrom

This would give the Flames a top line of :
Tkachuk - Lang - Iginla

Iggy-4-50 03-02-2006 01:35 AM

Hell of a 1st line but will it fit under the cap! :dunno:

SoundwaveIsCharisma 03-02-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *OvechKiN*
1st Proposal -

To CGY:
Robert Lang
To Det:
Daymond Langkow
Chris Simon
3rd Rounder '06

2nd Proposal -

To CGY:
Keith Tkachuk
To StL:
1st Rounder '06
Andrew Ference
Eric Nystrom

Tkachuk - Lang - Iginla

I really don't see Lang costing that much really.

Miko 03-02-2006 01:51 AM

I like the look of the 1st line. Maybe trade Weimer to how ever will take him to free up some money and add Weinwich to 6th spot duty with Warrener. It gives us a 2nd line of Huselius Lombardi Kobasew/Amonte..not bad but i'd feel alot more confident with langkow sitting as 2nd center. But Kobasew can play center aswell so i like. It would be great to see Sutter boost the offense in this manner.

Birko19 03-02-2006 01:53 AM

If Lang is gonna be traded the Wings will need another forward to replace him, Langkow in that case could make sense but Calgary does't have to give that much for Lang alone, I think Lang for Langkow is almost fair (I think Lang is better but salary plays a role), maybe if each side adds something on the side just to make it more even.

Here's a better proposal:

Lang+Hudler+2nd.

for

Langkow+Leopold.

Calgary will get a better center to play with Iggy and Hudler (Currently one of the top players in the AHL) can be for the future along for the 2nd rounder, and Detroit get's Langkow who is not better then Lang but that way Datsyuk and Zetterberg can both center their lines and Langkow can be used in the top-6, also Leopold would be a perfect addition to the defense and not to mention that Langkow and Leopold's salaries will both replace Lang's salary so it would be a perfect move for Detroit.

Having said that I don't see Detroit and Calgary trading with one another.

Miko 03-02-2006 02:01 AM

Rethinking it i would rather remove all the picks from these deals but thats me.The prospect pool is kind of bare and we've had some luck i think finding some pretty good talent(Keetley,Boyd,Ryder). St.Louis would want that first for rebuiling purposes alone.

SoundwaveIsCharisma 03-02-2006 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birko19
If Lang is gonna be traded the Wings will need another forward to replace him, Langkow in that case could make sense but Calgary does't have to give that much for Lang alone, I think Lang for Langkow is almost fair (I think Lang is better but salary plays a role), maybe if each side adds something on the side just to make it more even.

Lang+Hudler+2nd.

for

Langkow+Leopold.

Calgary will get a better center to play with Iggy and Hudler (Currently one of the top players in the AHL) can be for the future along for the 2nd rounder, and Detroit get's Langkow who is not better then Lang but that way Datsyuk and Zetterberg can both center their lines and Langkow can be used in the top-6, also Leopold would be a perfect addition to the defense and not to mention that Langkow and Leopold's salaries will both replace Lang's salary so it would be a perfect move for Detroit.

Having said that I don't see Detroit and Calgary trading with one another.

I'd actually really consider this, especially if they decided to not go the Tkachuck route. It would help them now in terms of offense, as well as give them a solid prospect in Hudler.

Only problem I see is that they'd definitely have to go out and acquire a good defensemen. Other then that I'd really consider it.

*OvechKiN* 03-02-2006 09:09 AM

I think Leopold would be worth more than Lang alone consider salary and age.
No way he is included inthat deal.

Langkow + Simon I guess seems fair now since the wings need toughness?

Kritty 03-02-2006 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birko19

Lang+Hudler+2nd.

for

Langkow+Leopold.

I don't see why Calgary does this aside from adding the playmaker they need. Lang and Langkow aren't far off in terms of value, leaving Leopold for Hudler and a 2nd. I think nearly everyone would agree, at least those that know Leopold, that Leopold is worth far more than an undersized player who has proven zero at the NHL level and a very late 2nd rounder. If Leopold goes, it'll be for a young, proven scorer, nothing less.

PapaBear* 03-02-2006 10:00 AM

What are CGYs odds of landing Lang by thurs? Id do Langkow and 5th for him.

Higgy4 03-02-2006 11:21 AM

The odds are that you would have a better shot at being struck by lightning.

Why would possible playoff foes trade with each other this late in the season?

And, the reason why Detroit would trade Lang is because they are deep at center. So, someone tell me how Lang for Langkow (another center) would make ANY sense? :dunno:

Again, IF the Wings trade Lang it would be for a scoring winger or a top 4 bruising defensman.

Heaton 03-02-2006 11:33 AM

Hey guys, we lost to Calgary in 6 games last year and the only thing Calgary is missing is a 1st line center, why don't we just hand it to them on a silver platter, great idea!

Sorry for the smug tone, but that's just the truth. Lang would help Calgary a lot more than Leopold or Langkow would help Detroit.

oiletsky 03-02-2006 11:45 AM

Chris Simon's Grit/toughness would be very useful for the playoffs.. I don't see why Calgary would give him up? Wait a minute.. i'm an Oliers fan... why would I care... haha

Motown Beatdown 03-02-2006 11:49 AM

I think alot of you guys are missing the point with Lang and the Wings. They DONT need to trade him they'll be happy going into the post season with him on the roster. So if some team wants Robert Lang they are gonna have to overpay for him.

Boomhower 03-02-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWI19
I think alot of you guys are missing the point with Lang and the Wings. They DONT need to trade him they'll be happy going into the post season with him on the roster. So if some team wants Robert Lang they are gonna have to overpay for him.

That's the reality, but because everyone on this particular board wants him out of Detroit so bad, it's easy to see why some posters view it as the other way around. ;)

arttk 03-02-2006 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *OvechKiN*
1st Proposal -

To CGY:
Robert Lang
To Det:
Daymond Langkow
Chris Simon
3rd Rounder '06

2nd Proposal -

To CGY:
Keith Tkachuk
To StL:
1st Rounder '06
Andrew Ference
Eric Nystrom

Tkachuk - Lang - Iginla

Why would Detroit help improve Calgary as there are chances they might meet in the playoffs. Sure Detroit gets some help as well, but probably not enough to justify them pimping up your offensively challenged first line.

Higgy4 03-02-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWI19

I agree, and I have been saying so for the past 2 months. There is a weekly (and sometimes daily) new "trade Lang" thread on here.

And, unless some team wants to give the Wings a big, physical top 4 defensman or a scoring power forward type of winger then there should be no deal from the Wings. For some reason, many on here think the Wings are desperately trying to trade Lang. And that simply isnt true. In fact, this is the ONLY place where you even hear this kind of talk. Lang rumors are nowhere to be found other than on these message boards.

Irish Blues 03-02-2006 12:32 PM

Lang by himself is going to get squat little because he's still under contract for '06-07. If he was UFA at season's end it would be a different story, but I don't see any teams who have the players Detroit would want that are willing to take on $3.8 million for next season for the guy.

If you find someone willing to give you a 1st/2nd line forward or a top-4 defenseman for Lang this season, let me and a few others know. But I suspect you're not going to find any takers for him - not with his current contract status, not this year ... and Detroit would have to add quite a bit from their side to get the kind of return they expect.

Higgy4 03-02-2006 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Lang by himself is going to get squat little because he's still under contract for '06-07. If he was UFA at season's end it would be a different story, but I don't see any teams who have the players Detroit would want that are willing to take on $3.8 million for next season for the guy.

If you find someone willing to give you a 1st/2nd line forward or a top-4 defenseman for Lang this season, let me and a few others know. But I suspect you're not going to find any takers for him - not with his current contract status, not this year ... and Detroit would have to add quite a bit from their side to get the kind of return they expect.

Agreed. The problem that some Wings fans who hate Lang is that they just want him gone, in general. He has taken over for Osgood as the resident whipping boy of the Red Wings. Lang for a 2nd rounder? Lang for 2 mid-range prospects? Thats the kind of stuff you are hearing from some fans. Its just rediculous.

Like you said, they WON'T get a top defensman or top scoring winger for him. There is no need to keep talking about it day after day.

shadoz19 03-02-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaBear
What are CGYs odds of landing Lang by thurs? Id do Langkow and 5th for him.

I think the problem with that is Lang would help Calgary more than Langkow would help Detroit. Lang is already in a position where he is expendable but useful in Detroit and probably more useful than Langkow. No need to help Calgary.

Coffey77 03-02-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Blues

True.

I doubt Lang is going anywhere. Wings need him for a cup run. Because of his salary his value is low and even if a team would give fair or good value for him it would be in terms of picks or prospects.