HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   OFFICIAL "What Randy Jones may have been thinking when he made that pass?" THREAD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=226867)

GameFace247SON 03-03-2006 02:32 PM

OFFICIAL "What Randy Jones may have been thinking when he made that pass?" THREAD

this is a toughie..."WWTD?"

What would Therien do?

Jester 03-03-2006 02:39 PM

don't know what he was thinking when he made that pass... but got a good idea what he was thinking as soon as it left his stick.

NJFlyer42 03-03-2006 02:50 PM

As bad as Jones looked on that play, it was just as much Rathje's fault for standing all the way on the other side of the ice, flatfooted, and not breaking toward Jones for a pass. He may have even called for the puck.

Dig Out Your Soul 03-03-2006 02:53 PM

I think he was thinking "Man, this team sucks. What can I do to get my *** back across the parking lot in a hurry? I'd kill to be anywhere but here right now".

FlyersFanJS 03-03-2006 03:04 PM

"wow that chick in the 2nd row is HOT, I should give her my number ...OH ****!!!!!!"

Yertle The Turtle 03-03-2006 03:08 PM

Eh the play was bad yes but he didn't play a horrible game after words. I ts good to know he can calm down after a mistake and play.

FlyersHomer DM03 03-03-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJFlyer42
As bad as Jones looked on that play, it was just as much Rathje's fault for standing all the way on the other side of the ice, flatfooted, and not breaking toward Jones for a pass. He may have even called for the puck.

you have a good point, rathje looked like he wanted the puck even before randy got rid of it.

I was joking w/ my friend, if Jones can make passes like that in the offensive zone our power play wouldn't blow as badly

Jester 03-03-2006 03:55 PM

Quote:

no it's not... the puck is suppose to go behind the net to Rathje... not in front. you see it all the time, bounce it off the boards to the guy... EASY pass.

Brad* 03-03-2006 03:58 PM

Randy Jones likes paste.

slapsht25 03-03-2006 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
no it's not... the puck is suppose to go behind the net to Rathje... not in front. you see it all the time, bounce it off the boards to the guy... EASY pass.

Correct bank it off the boards the simplest play for defensemen

GKJ 03-03-2006 04:36 PM

Quote:

Jones needs to chip the puck behind the net. Every defenseman is taught to never to throw a blind, cross ice pass in your own zone.

TheKingPin 03-03-2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester

Yea i also agree that was a horrible pass. Meyer is great isolats guys and illininates them very well. we need KJ or a replacement badly.

GameFace247SON 03-03-2006 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS
"wow that chick in the 2nd row is HOT, I should give her my number ...OH ****!!!!!!"

this is more what i had in mind...i didn't mean to just trash jones, but rather just to figure out what passed through his mind at that exact moment in time

GKJ 03-03-2006 05:55 PM

My favorite part was that Dorny tried to defend him. "It wouldn't have been a bad pass if it wasn't so soft."

Easy to say when the puck is in the back of your net.

Tat2dRich 03-03-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
this is a toughie..."WWTD?"

What would Therien do?

Doh!

BringBackStevens 03-04-2006 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyersphan
Yea i also agree that was a horrible pass. Meyer is great isolats guys and illininates them very well. we need KJ or a replacement badly.

:dunno: dear god what are you saying here :confused:

my guess is that he was thinking "who gives a **** this game is over anyway"

RoDu 03-04-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kylez19
:dunno: dear god what are you saying here :confused:

my guess is that he was thinking "who gives a **** this game is over anyway"

hey, isolats is a perfectly cromulant word

GameFace247SON 03-04-2006 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
hey, isolats is a perfectly cromulant word