HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   GDT: Colorado at Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22695)

SmokeyClause 10-25-2003 07:31 AM

GDT: Colorado at Nashville

Thoughts? Predictions?

Joe T Choker 10-25-2003 07:55 AM

I'm looking for a lot of pain and suffering to be dealt out tonight, no matter what the score is...make them earn every thing they get. If no one is hurt or injured by the end of the game on the Avs end, we didn't do our job

SmokeyClause 10-25-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
I'm looking for a lot of pain and suffering to be dealt out tonight, no matter what the score is...make them earn every thing they get. If no one is hurt or injured by the end of the game on the Avs end, we didn't do our job

Agreed, though I don't necessarily want to see injuries. I want them to feel like they played a physical team.

CNote 10-25-2003 11:25 AM

this should be a huge test for your dmen. i'm gonna say 3-3 tie.
good luck and keep me posted.

later,
dutch

AvsGuy 10-25-2003 11:27 AM

i frankly think the Avs will dominate tonight. either that or they'll lose pathetically.

ping 10-25-2003 11:44 AM

I'm going with a 3-2 Nashville guess.

TheJackal 10-25-2003 01:02 PM

We are going to have to stay out of the Sin Bin to win this game. We don't want to fool around with their power play. If we can stay out of the box I see a 3-1 victory.

"TheTrain" 10-25-2003 01:04 PM

Hartnell ends his slump with a goal and an assist.
Vokoun plays his arse off.
Preds win a close one, 4-3!

barrytrotzsneck 10-25-2003 03:24 PM

TOOTOO!

doing what he does best!

nails Sakic in the open ice....the whole avs team goes after him, drawing a penalty. gotta love this.

darth5 10-25-2003 03:25 PM

Now THAT is Tootoo on his game! Terrific hit on Sakic and a 2nd Av in the corner, drawing the penalty!

darth5 10-25-2003 04:58 PM

Have I mentioned how I despise the Avs? Didn't take long for this to turn ugly.

barrytrotzsneck 10-25-2003 05:34 PM

no shame in this one, really. we simply got outgunned, though i was pleased with the effort, especially with having the heart not to give up and almost coming back. we had the chances, we just couldn't bury them...which brings us back to that "we need a scorer," especially if johansson's injury is serious(pete and terry speculated it could be a ribcage injury similar to walker\allison's). we pretty much controlled the play in the first and most of the third, but with what we have, that's not quite enough.

triggrman 10-25-2003 06:58 PM

Two games in a row you can hang a lose on Vokoun. He should have had two of those goals, especially the wrister from the top of the circles, clear view and all. The other goal was Forsbergs, Vokoun had no idea where that puck was, that looked like some rec league crap. Vokoun will bounce back though and steal a few for us before the season is up.

Mark Eaton had one hell of a game, especially transitioning the puck, much better than Skrastins, who had a few turn overs tonight.

Good to see Hall and Hartnell back together, they play better together.

Hope AJ is alright, Pete and Terry didn't see that AJ was cut by Blake's stick, so they're just guessing on the injury, they also struggled tonight routinely calling the wrong players name, even our players.

Brookbank with the KO, sweet. I don't think we've ever had a player do that before, Brookbank smoked him and what's funny is that guy went after Brookbank.

Enoch 10-25-2003 08:33 PM

Vokoun had several saves that he should not have had, though. He stopped a wicked one timer from Selanne in the third. Another wicked one timer from Blake on the PP. The guy had several brilliant saves. The Hejduk goals.......well what can you say. Vokoun had perfect position, but Hejduk is just a pure sniper.

Qubax 10-25-2003 10:23 PM

Legwand was plus 2 in a 5-3 loss, played almost 22 minutes and picked up an assist....

Was his game solid to those who saw or heard the game...?

Thanks...I know he had struggled in the few games previous just wondering if he picked it up at all....

barrytrotzsneck 10-25-2003 10:37 PM

i personally noticed a significant improvement over the last couple of games.

triggrman 10-26-2003 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enoch
Vokoun had several saves that he should not have had, though. He stopped a wicked one timer from Selanne in the third. Another wicked one timer from Blake on the PP. The guy had several brilliant saves. The Hejduk goals.......well what can you say. Vokoun had perfect position, but Hejduk is just a pure sniper.

I don't care who's shooting the puck, you don't get beat by a wrister from the top of the circle when you can see it, not in the NHL. It wasn't a big Al slapshot, it wasn't a wrister with traffic, from that distance he should have stopped the puck, he sieved, it happens.

Enoch 10-26-2003 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't care who's shooting the puck, you don't get beat by a wrister from the top of the circle when you can see it, not in the NHL. It wasn't a big Al slapshot, it wasn't a wrister with traffic, from that distance he should have stopped the puck, he sieved, it happens.

He made some great saves was my point. I realize that he made a few bad plays, but like you said, it happens.

dulzhok 10-26-2003 11:17 AM

Pinning the loss on Vokoun is horsecrap. The wrister that triggerman is talking of was a 3 on 2 with Sakic, Hejduk, and Forsberg I believe. Hejduk was wide open in front of the net after the pass from Sakic. As mentioned, Hejduk is probably the best sniper in the league (behind Kovalchuk). That's going to be a goal 90% of the time when it's on Hejduk's stick.

The Selanee goal was a result of Selanee being left in front of the net with ALL kinds of time.

The Forsberg goal was a result of Forsberg beating FOUR of our skaters.

Hejduk's second goal was a wicked one time shot on the powerplay. Again, this guy scores when he's giving those opportunities.

If an average goalie was in net last night, Colorado would've scored 6 easily.

Our biggest problem last night was our defensive coverage and powerplay.

dulzhok 10-26-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax
Legwand was plus 2 in a 5-3 loss, played almost 22 minutes and picked up an assist....

Was his game solid to those who saw or heard the game...?

Thanks...I know he had struggled in the few games previous just wondering if he picked it up at all....

Offensivley, he's doing nothing. The assist was a 2nd assist where i don't think he even touched the puck. The coloardo player poked the puck away from Legwand and the errant puck went to Eaton at the blueline. Eaton then made a beautiful pass to Scott Walker for the one-time goal.

The other plus, as I recall, was when Lewgand was heading off for a line change and the Hartnell breakaway occured.

Legwand is mostly hurting us on the powerplay. The centerman usually plays a huge role on the powerplay, but Lewgand looks like a junior player out there-- Hesitant, very little creativity, and an inability to pull the trigger.

triggrman 10-26-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Pinning the loss on Vokoun is horsecrap. The wrister that triggerman is talking of was a 3 on 2 with Sakic, Hejduk, and Forsberg I believe. Hejduk was wide open in front of the net after the pass from Sakic. As mentioned, Hejduk is probably the best sniper in the league (behind Kovalchuk). That's going to be a goal 90% of the time when it's on Hejduk's stick.

The Selanee goal was a result of Selanee being left in front of the net with ALL kinds of time.

The Forsberg goal was a result of Forsberg beating FOUR of our skaters.

Hejduk's second goal was a wicked one time shot on the powerplay. Again, this guy scores when he's giving those opportunities.

If an average goalie was in net last night, Colorado would've scored 6 easily.

Our biggest problem last night was our defensive coverage and powerplay.

The shot was 30 feet away and was a wrister, it should not have gone in, Vokoun had a good look at it. Maybe it was Legwand's fault......

dulzhok 10-26-2003 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
The shot was 30 feet away and was a wrister, it should not have gone in, Vokoun had a good look at it. Maybe it was Legwand's fault......

30 ft? try 10. Go watch the video. Hejduk was even with the hash marks when he shot the puck, uncovered, right in front of Vokoun. And yes, Hejduk has one hell of wrister.

triggrman 10-26-2003 04:31 PM

We're not talking about the same goal. Hejduk was out at the top of the circles (just watched the NHL video again) and IMHO Vokoun should have stopped it, and I agree Hejduk has a hell of a wrister.

dulzhok 10-29-2003 04:00 PM

Just watched it again, Hejduk received the puck at the top of the circle. His realease was almost even with the hash marks.

Regardless, saying Vokoun lost the game for us becuase he didn't stop that goal is way off base, unless you excpet Vokoun to steal us games we didn't deserve to win. Colorado dominated the game. Their puck control made us look like a junior team.