HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   when are we going to see John Leclair? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22709)

12trads 10-25-2003 07:58 AM

when are we going to see John Leclair?

Habs fan here, just wondering when we will see John Leclair..... hope not by monday fgr Montreal at Philadelphia. He always kills the habs...

anyway, when can we expect to see him back?

Jean_Jacket41 10-27-2003 04:26 AM

no news on leclair?
i read this morning that he could play this week and maybe tonight vs the habs. Anyone knows if he'll play tonight???

swflyers8* 10-27-2003 05:18 AM

In the Inquirer yesterday, it said so far he has skated 2 days in a row and his foot has been ok. I take this as a good sign. It would definitely be good for him to play tonight, he always seems to light up the Habs. Last year in Montreal, he had a 4 goal night. Hopefully, we will see #10 in the lineup and he will light the Habs up again. Also, we can see Hackett shut down his former teammates and we can also work on getting the opposing shot total down.

10:19am---Just read on the Flyers site that Leclair is listed as
questionable for tonight's game.

Jean_Jacket41 10-27-2003 05:45 AM

thanks!

Flyman 10-27-2003 08:17 AM

According to the Flyers website, Johnny will be in the lineup tonight . :handclap: Welcome back Big John!!

Jean_Jacket41 10-27-2003 08:24 AM

very good news!!!
what will be the lines tonight with lecalir in uniform???

VaFlyer 10-27-2003 08:35 AM

This creates all kinds of problems when it comes to lines. Leclair is to slow to play with Roenick, doesn't mesh with Primeau, and Handzus is the only center Gagne looks comfortable with. He looked good in preseason with Recchi, but Recchi has looked great lately with Roenick. If Hitch moves Recchi off the top line, who moves up there? As much as I am happy Leclair is back, I don't want Chouinard to come out of the lineup because his 2 goals has earned him the right to be in the lineup. They will change again once Somik and Brashear come back.

I think I would do this (but Hitch won't):

Kapanen/Roenick/Amonte
Gagne/Handzus/Williams
Leclair/Recchi/Chouinard
Lapointe/Primeau/Fedoruk

capn89* 10-27-2003 08:56 AM

I hope the next time I see John LeClair that he's on a bus headed for another team. He's overpaid, and/or an underachiever... not to mention he's so damned injury prone. His best years are long lost (when Big E was around) and he's never going to match his old form. It'd be wise to get rid of him while there's still a possibility of getting something for him. Just my opinion though.

Rex8 10-27-2003 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capn89
I hope the next time I see John LeClair that he's on a bus headed for another team. He's overpaid, and/or an underachiever... not to mention he's so damned injury prone. His best years are long lost (when Big E was around) and he's never going to match his old form. It'd be wise to get rid of him while there's still a possibility of getting something for him. Just my opinion though.

That horse has been beaten and left for dead. We are stuck with him and his salary, foot, shoulder, and back unless someone gets desperate at the deadline.
Anywhoo, good to have him at least healthy - will help on the PP.

capn89* 10-27-2003 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex8
Anywhoo, good to have him at least healthy - will help on the PP.

Someone is having trouble urinating!?

j/k

Flyers26 10-27-2003 10:11 AM

Johnny should be back tonite, on the 4th line.

Teezax 10-27-2003 10:19 AM

I think the Habs Killer will be back tonight to just score his 4 goals and then be placed back on the IR.

Jean_Jacket41 10-27-2003 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teezax
I think the Habs Killer will be back tonight to just score his 4 goals and then be placed back on the IR.

No habs can move him from the slot. on the power play he is a force.
you may not be that far with your 4 goals prediction!!!
go leclair go!

capn89* 10-27-2003 12:07 PM

hey, where do I sign up for the flyers? ... ... ...

The Seeker 25 10-28-2003 01:36 AM

Brilliant move....

....to bring Johnny back against Les Habitants, as he always plays well against them. With a goal and an assist in his season debut, it's got LeClair back in there on a great note. Hopefully he can keep up with the momentum.

Flyers26 10-28-2003 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12trads
Habs fan here, just wondering when we will see John Leclair..... hope not by monday fgr Montreal at Philadelphia. He always kills the habs...

anyway, when can we expect to see him back?

Did you see enough of him ??
:lol: