HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   From Oiler Practice... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22752)

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 10:21 AM

From Oiler Practice...
 
Most notable: Jarret Stoll draws in for tonight's tilt against the Calgary Flames. Brad Isbister sits this one out.

Izzy out makes for some positional changes too.

Expect the lines to be this:

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Chimera - Reasoner - Dvorak
Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Stoll - Laraque

Horcoff told me that he would be playing centre but then took a step back from that and said he wasn'y 100% sure. I expect to see him and Smyth in the middle from time to time.

Bergy does NOT draw back into the line up, so there is no change on the blueline from the Colorado game.

Valiquette was all smiles to be back in the Oiler room. He and former AHL team mate from Bridgeport, Torres left together.

Guy

speeds 10-25-2003 10:26 AM

I'd be smiling too.

If he makes 400K on his NHL deal dressing for a game is worth about $5,000. Even the per-diem of 100 bucks or so ain't all bad, you could go to MacDonald's a couple times on that.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-25-2003 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
Most notable: Jarret Stoll draws in for tonight's tilt against the Calgary Flames. Brad Isbister sits this one out.

Izzy out makes for some positional changes too.

Expect the lines to be this:

Smyth - Horcoff - Hemsky
Chimera - Reasoner - Dvorak
Moreau - York - Pisani
Torres - Stoll - Laraque

Horcoff told me that he would be playing centre but then took a step back from that and said he wasn'y 100% sure. I expect to see him and Smyth in the middle from time to time.

Bergy does NOT draw back into the line up, so there is no change on the blueline from the Colorado game.

Valiquette was all smiles to be back in the Oiler room. He and former AHL team mate from Bridgeport, Torres left together.

Guy

:rolleyes: TSK TSK TSK. MacT has gone from master tactician against Colorado back to his old moves-for-the-sake-of-moves self.

Oilhitch 10-25-2003 11:10 AM

I like the lines and am glab to see Isbister sit one out. Not that I don't like the guy but he has been playing below par. I hope this pisses him off enough to play an aggressive game when he returns. I still think that he will break out this year.

Oi'll say! 10-25-2003 01:16 PM

LMAO!

It will really tick Craig Button off if Stoll has a good game, do you remember how the Flames whined about the Oilers drafting him earlier than he had gone in the previous draft? :yo:

kruezer 10-25-2003 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
LMAO!

It will really tick Craig Button off if Stoll has a good game, do you remember how the Flames whined about the Oilers drafting him earlier than he had gone in the previous draft? :yo:

Craig Button can whine all he wants, wherever he is. We ended up getting Lombardi (both re-entries that were picked by the Oilers and Flames then switched when they went again) anyway, and he happens to be centering our number one line and leading us in scoring.

Silver 10-25-2003 01:25 PM

Why didn't Bergy draw back in, for Brewer maybe?

It's not like our defence had a stellar outing last time.

dawgbone 10-25-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
:rolleyes: TSK TSK TSK. MacT has gone from master tactician against Colorado back to his old moves-for-the-sake-of-moves self.

Yeah, because the lines for the past 2 games have really played well together haven't they?

This is such crap... if Mac-T doesn't make any moves, we'd all get to hear how dumb he is for not changing anything.

The team has absolutely stunk the past 2 games, changes need to be made.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 10-25-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawgbone
Yeah, because the lines for the past 2 games have really played well together haven't they?

This is such crap... if Mac-T doesn't make any moves, we'd all get to hear how dumb he is for not changing anything.

The team has absolutely stunk the past 2 games, changes need to be made.

Yeah, so make moves that make sense! Not just jumbling around the lines and continuing to sit who has arguably been our best d-man, while sending our worst +/- forward to the first line....

GorillazXL 10-25-2003 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
LMAO!

It will really tick Craig Button off if Stoll has a good game, do you remember how the Flames whined about the Oilers drafting him earlier than he had gone in the previous draft? :yo:

It would tick Lowe off even more if Lombardi lights it up.

GXL

dawgbone 10-25-2003 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Yeah, so make moves that make sense! Not just jumbling around the lines and continuing to sit who has arguably been our best d-man, while sending our worst +/- forward to the first line....

Key word... arguably. Cross has arguably been one of our best defencemen, Semenov needs game time, Ferguson is at least consistant. Someone has to sit every now and then.

As for the forwards... someone needs to play centre on the top line. Smyth is doing alright, but the Oilers are better off with him on the wings. Besides, this keeps the puck off of Horcoffs stick more than it would if he was playing with Laraque, because Hemsky can carry it. The Oilers don't have enough centres, and they haven't played well.

You also have to take into account the fact that certain players have a style that fits other players. Maybe Horcoff plays a style that better benefits Smyth and Hemsky than any one else does.

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 10-25-2003 08:06 PM

so after this game will everyone finally agree that Horcoff should be no where near the 1st line?

MrMackey 10-25-2003 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
so after this game will everyone finally agree that Horcoff should be no where near the 1st line?

I will agree with that. He looked horrible up there.

I'd rather have Torres stick with Hemmer and Smyth - but don't even like that too much.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.