HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Bergy's got tickets for HC to sell! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22753)

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 10:24 AM

Bergy's got tickets for HC to sell!

I mentioned to Bergeron that Goon63 (Eric by the way) said he was coming. Bergy said "yeah with some of my family that leaves me with about ten tickets to seel off".

I asked him he wanted me to post a notice and he said sure.

So as of this morning... Bergy has up to ten tickets to the Heritage Classic up for grabs. I can't guarantee availability because he's trying to sell them but...

I will pass on your bids for some of the tickets. Name you price and I'll pass it on to him and we'll get something done.

(No this is not a joke)

Guy Flaming

speeds 10-25-2003 10:28 AM

that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile.

One of the players on the team trying to scalp tickets to the game!!!

That's hot, I'm sure the Oilers brass will love it :)

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speeds
that's the funniest thing I've heard in awhile.

One of the players on the team trying to scalp tickets to the game!!!

That's hot, I'm sure the Oilers brass will love it :)

He's probably going ot end up giving them to another player who can in turn, has a taker for them. I wouldn't call this scalping necessarily.

Don't try getting the guy in trouble for next to nothing.

OYLer 10-25-2003 10:33 AM

Hey Guy, tell him I'll give him face value for 2 ticket - one for the wife, but please tell him about all my supportive posts about his play and character. Matter of fact just before reading this I posted one in another thread.

speeds 10-25-2003 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
He's probably going ot end up giving them to another player who can in turn, has a taker for them. I wouldn't call this scalping necessarily.

Don't try getting the guy in trouble for next to nothing.

who's trying to get the guy in trouble?

it just sounds funny

H-Bear 10-25-2003 11:00 AM

I would love two tickets to that game!!!

PM me if you are able to score these tickets!

Vyse64 10-25-2003 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comrie
I would love two tickets to that game!!!

PM me if you are able to score these tickets!

same here Guy

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
same here Guy

He didn't give me a price or seating numbers... he just wants to know bids from you guys.

Oiler94 10-25-2003 12:09 PM

I'll give face value for 2 or 3 tickets, plus an extra 5 bucks

O.T. 10-25-2003 12:09 PM

If possible I would love atleast two tickets to the game, but I can take as many as he is willing to sell (depending how much they cost).

I will give him up to $20.

Thanks, and please PM me on how much they are if you can get those tickets.

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 12:15 PM

The more I think about this... this could be crazy impossible to do like this. Maybe Goon63 should be the middleman... he's got Bergy's phone numbers and all that, I just see him in the dressing room. I will try to talk to Bergy about it again tonight and see how he wants to do it, maybe he can set up a hotmail account or something temporary, or we can convince him to sign on here and you guys could PM him directly (Eric... think he would go for that? you talk him into that buddy!).

Vyse64 10-25-2003 12:35 PM

if they are gold seats I will be able to as high as 350 for 2 tix

Behind Enemy Lines 10-25-2003 12:46 PM

I for one really hope this is a joke. An NHL player seeking to scalp tickets for a game coveted by Oiler fans. I know Bergeron is a first year pro but this is not a very judgment imo and not a good thing to publicize. Player tickets either comped or paid at face value from the team should not translate into profit by a player. Give them to charity or sell them for face value to say... rabid shutout, lifetime Oiler fans living in Calgary.

This is the hottest ticket in the NHL. Players profit by playing the game we pay to watch. Just something wrong about double-dipping...

Bergy. Say it ain't so, Bergy.

Guy Flaming 10-25-2003 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
Give them to charity...

This is the hottest ticket in the NHL. Players profit by playing the game we pay to watch. Just something wrong about double-dipping...

OK, I didn't ask how he got the tickets, he may have paid for them hiself I don't know. I also didn't ask what his plans were for the money... he might be planning to donate any profit from them... I don't know. It's not my business to ask him what he's going to do with the money.

However, he doesn't strike me as a dumb guy or a greedy guy. I don't believe he has any evil plans to use the profits to set up a sweat shop in outer mongolia to make Bergy gear.

Perhaps I should have said that I have these tickets available and left his name out of it? But I offered and he said yes.

Behind Enemy Lines 10-25-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyF
Perhaps I should have said that I have these tickets available and left his name out of it? But I offered and he said yes.

Beyond the name dropping... probably yes. But you have and suggested he is seeking offer bids on the tickets. I don't doubt Bergeron has good intentions. I don't doubt he is not a dumb or greedy guy. And I also doubt he has any plans to use the profits to set up a sweat shot in outer Mongolia.

I may have jumped the gun with my original comments but like many frustrated Oiler fans on this board we're stuck on the outside looking in on this historic game. I've tried to secure tickets via season ticket holders I know, purchase via the web when public tickets went on sale, via personal corporate and media contacts, and the 'big contest.' The result? Nada. Zip. Zero. This is simply a precious commodity which no one wishes to part with - history in the making. My last remaining options? E-Bay, game day scalpers, or the Bergie lottery which you have initiated on his behalf.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. I trust Bergie will find willing buyers for these tickets. It is indeed up to him to determine fair market value.