HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Oilers need to InFlame the Battle of Alberta! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=22773)

OYLer 10-25-2003 11:26 AM

Oilers need to InFlame the Battle of Alberta!

The Edmonton Oilers (3-4-0-0) hosting the Calgary Flames (3-3-0-0) in a four point divisional matchup, must bring it all tonight at Skyreach. With Stoll added and some re-alignment expected in the forward positions, expect to see a high octane affair unfold. With both clubs coming off losses, intensity should not be a problem for either team, especially with both these rivals being aware of how important this 4 point turnaround is to their respective young 2003/4 NHL seasons. Tonight's tussle may determine who eventually makes the playoffs and who doesn't. HNIC doesn't get much better than this. Just who will redlight the twine remains to be seen. How says you all about the - tilt to turn it around in E-Town?

oilflash 10-25-2003 03:26 PM

tilt to turn it around in E-Town?

Don't know if we can talk playoffs just yet Oyler, but given the number of internal conference match ups this year, yep, each game is important. Losses in October have a way of counting in April. Oilers need this one to regain both confidence and notch points.

[

OYLer 10-25-2003 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilflash
Don't know if we can talk playoffs just yet Oyler, but given the number of internal conference match ups this year, yep, each game is important. Losses in October have a way of counting in April. Oilers need this one to regain both confidence and notch points.

Thank you oilflash for responding to my little Rah! Rah! Blurb. I guess I must have whizzed recently into to many cornflake bowls around here lately. So be it! But I wish the Oilers would learn to play with the year long intensity that the Sens do. As I write this Ottawa are just having their way with the Habs.

IceDragoon 10-25-2003 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OYLer
Thank you oilflash for responding to my little Rah! Rah! Blurb. I guess I must have whizzed recently into to many cornflake bowls around here lately. So be it! But I wish the OILers would learn the play with the year long intensity of the Sens who are just having their way with the Habs as I write this.

Uh... It's kinda hard to do the online wave, man. http://www.hfboards.com/images/smilies/rolly.gif ... :rolly: ... :rolly:
I wouldn't worry about the flakes. The monitor screens out any unwanted whiz.

OYLer 10-25-2003 04:32 PM

Live by the key die by the bored.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
The monitor screens out any unwanted whiz.

As always the chuckle getter! And here I thought I could never die of thirst by being a Windowlicker. I guess Screenlicking is just a Tad to needy? But comeon you guys a good turn of phrase occasionlly needs an attaboy now and then.;)

OYLer 10-25-2003 05:37 PM

Crap! luckless at the moment!:rant:

IceDragoon 10-25-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

As always the chuckle getter! And here I thought I could never die of thirst by being a Windowlicker. I guess Screenlicking is just a Tad to needy? But comeon you guys a good turn of phrase occasionlly needs an attaboy now and then.;)

OK... Now that we know you're 'high maintenance' :rolleyes:, maybe we'll try harder. :p attaboy ;)

OYLer 10-25-2003 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDragoon
OK... Now that we know you're 'high maintenance' :rolleyes:, maybe we'll try harder. :p attaboy ;)

I have never feared the cold but the Dragoon has always given me pause. That which has been iced in the heat of the moment gives me pause. :rolly:

IceDragoon 10-25-2003 08:08 PM

Quote:

I have never feared the cold but the Dragoon has always given me pause. That which has been iced in the heat of the moment gives me pause. :rolly:

*shakes head* attaboy :D